Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your First Fill Date!!!

Nailpro did they make you drink the Water? what was that like?

Did you have to do 2 days liquid then mushies? I am still on mushies in fact I am making them more liquid. I think I am quite restricted. Here is what I have felt. The top of my stomach feels fine after 4 hours the bottom may growl!!! I also think that when this happens I may start getting tightness is it gas? It feels like pressure like the band is tight but I haven't eaten anything and when I eat its gone just the 'normal ' top half fullness.

I think my practice (but I am not sure) tries to fill you as much as you can take because they know that in a couple of days it wears off but they don't want to overfill as its bad and you can end up not keeping food down and throwing up creating a vicious cycle. I am not sure though - maybe cuz i went in there freaking out that I am STARVING! they did that :confused: I had my fill on Wed. I feel restricted. I can eat 3 meals of 1/2 a cup and I am supplementing Protein shakes right now. I can actually get by on 2 meals too.

Today I had 3 oz of ground lamb with gyro spices w/ garlic greek yogurt sauce (basically pureed gyro) and i'm not sure how I feel about it it tastes ok but the puree yuk:) that was late at 8 pm; then at 4 pm I had the ricotta lassagna again 1/2 cup; in the am coffee w/ unflavored unjury; and then a little while ago I pureed an apple w/ boiling Water. Just for a sweet treat. I also had some gatorade as I was working out and not eating much.

about 900 cals 75 GRAMS carbs; 35 grams fat; 80 Protein

Lets see how next week goes.

Ty for your reply and so fast too.

I did have to drink and that is when they decided to take out a little fill.

I had to do liquids for that night and then mushy yesterday and today i was bad to regular foods. I had 4 meals today. 1/4 cup chicken Soup with patina

3/4 cup mashed potato's with chicken in it.

2/3 cup refried Beans

1 cup steamed chicken and broc.

i am not sure about my Protein and cal.

Are you using and on line program to help you count that?

I get full with my meals. I am just not staying full for more then 2 to 3 hours.

Yes there are two that I have used.

sparkpeople.com

or

thedailyplate.com (which i prefer because you can log your exercise) - though I like the way sparkpeople does reports after.

I took the whole month to the nutritionist (she liked the sparkpeople reports too but I don't like that they don't include the exercise). Others have said more food is in the databse for thedailyplate.

Hello all, I got my first fill on thursday the 15th. They put in 4cc and had me drink Water. I could feel water in the back of my throat so they took 1cc out. Had me drink water again and it felt the same. (I think I drank too fast) I told them I was fine. I did not have to do liquids and was told to eat like I have been. I do not feel any restriction at all. I have not felt restriction yet. I am worried that something is wrong.:confused: I have felt bread(toast) get stuck. Any suggestions?

I was banded on September 21st and I get my first fill this coming Wednesday (October 21st). I am SO READY! I have lost about 11 pounds, but since I have moved to the mushies, I have not lost any more and I am pretty hungry. I worry that I am eating too much, which is kind of funny because it is still at least a 1/3 of what I use to eat.I am surprised that I feel this "normal." I actually feel better now than before the surgery. I do not regret having this done for one second! I just hope I feel that way after my fill. :confused:

I was banded on September 21st and I get my first fill this coming Wednesday (October 21st). I am SO READY! I have lost about 11 pounds, but since I have moved to the mushies, I have not lost any more and I am pretty hungry. I worry that I am eating too much, which is kind of funny because it is still at least a 1/3 of what I use to eat.I am surprised that I feel this "normal." I actually feel better now than before the surgery. I do not regret having this done for one second! I just hope I feel that way after my fill. :confused:

Neither do I and I have to say so MANY people have said my color has gotten better. And my 'energy' not physical but you know what i mean.

on diabetes and meds - I have PCO and diabetes. though my a1c is usually normal - i know that the minute I add fat and carbs to my diet I just don't metabolize it properly and can't lose weight so I will be on metformin even though my bg's are good until i get close to goal weight. Don't know if anyone else has observed this. Anytime I've been OFF metformin i gained weight through nothing i've done!

Me Too! I noticed that when I was able to eat I started gaining. I think that's how I gained the 8 pounds. I got back on Met and have lost the 8 pounds. i can't seem to lose anymore but I have noticed that I have to stay on the met. I'm not diabetic I'm an Insulin Resister but the met really help. What has your doctor said about taking it after the fills?

Me Too! I noticed that when I was able to eat I started gaining. I think that's how I gained the 8 pounds. I got back on Met and have lost the 8 pounds. i can't seem to lose anymore but I have noticed that I have to stay on the met. I'm not diabetic I'm an Insulin Resister but the met really help. What has your doctor said about taking it after the fills?

Hi - i don't take it when I am on liquids just when I am on foods. I didn't really ask about the fills but thats how it was when i was on the liquids... and a couple of days won't kill me. I just started retaking it... and guess what - as everyone else who has been saying here - now I am back to eating (maybe not as much as before... but definitely I'm looser. But I feel restriction if that makes sense. Today i had 1600 calories!!! have been between 500-900 on the fills... I don't even know how that happened today. I did work out alot not sure if that is it... or maybe I am PMS cuz I was cravey. Back on the Met though. That should help.. Anytime i had SIGNIFICANT weight gain it was because I went off met for a long time.

Hi - i don't take it when I am on liquids just when I am on foods. I didn't really ask about the fills but thats how it was when i was on the liquids... and a couple of days won't kill me. I just started retaking it... and guess what - as everyone else who has been saying here - now I am back to eating (maybe not as much as before... but definitely I'm looser. But I feel restriction if that makes sense. Today i had 1600 calories!!! have been between 500-900 on the fills... I don't even know how that happened today. I did work out alot not sure if that is it... or maybe I am PMS cuz I was cravey. Back on the Met though. That should help.. Anytime i had SIGNIFICANT weight gain it was because I went off met for a long time.

hmarko, is it difficult to take pills after the fill? I was filled today and I definitely won't take the pills while I am on liquids. I know it does help with my weight lose so I plan on staying on it until dr says things have changed with that.

At my feel today I was told that I had a little salinealready inside. Well no wonder I couldn't eat as much as i used to. I am grateful. He didn't tell me how much in put in today. I may ask on the next fill.

HOw often does one get filled?

hmarko, is it difficult to take pills after the fill? I was filled today and I definitely won't take the pills while I am on liquids. I know it does help with my weight lose so I plan on staying on it until dr says things have changed with that.

At my feel today I was told that I had a little salinealready inside. Well no wonder I couldn't eat as much as i used to. I am grateful. He didn't tell me how much in put in today. I may ask on the next fill.

HOw often does one get filled?

Definitely get the liquid metformin that pill I would be cutting in 4's if not crushing it entirely. They say the pills should be m&M size. I think I didn't take them till I was ok w/ mushies because I had some trouble w/ Water even. And these pills are the smaller ones no way i would be taking metformin.

As i was complaining about eating too much above the very next day I had a bad stuck experience you can read about it in the main post op forum. But in short - i wasn't stuck too bad just some pressure but i figured i would expedite the process by drinking hot (I was told that can help BUT apparently sometimes it helps bring things up) and I got nauseous and ran to bathroom about 20 feet awayt (at work) and didn't even make it I coughed up and froth literally came out of my nose. Lesson learned I am chewing way better and eating MUCH slower. I went on liquids for part of the day then mushies for 2 days after that i'm ok now.

How long are you on liquids then mushies? How did it feel when they did the fill.

Definitely get the liquid metformin that pill I would be cutting in 4's if not crushing it entirely. They say the pills should be m&M size. I think I didn't take them till I was ok w/ mushies because I had some trouble w/ Water even. And these pills are the smaller ones no way i would be taking metformin.

As i was complaining about eating too much above the very next day I had a bad stuck experience you can read about it in the main post op forum. But in short - i wasn't stuck too bad just some pressure but i figured i would expedite the process by drinking hot (I was told that can help BUT apparently sometimes it helps bring things up) and I got nauseous and ran to bathroom about 20 feet awayt (at work) and didn't even make it I coughed up and froth literally came out of my nose. Lesson learned I am chewing way better and eating MUCH slower. I went on liquids for part of the day then mushies for 2 days after that i'm ok now.

How long are you on liquids then mushies? How did it feel when they did the fill.

You're scaring me with the frothies(I like to make up my own words:lol: ) I finding out that I'm a bigger baby than I thought I was. when it comes to pain anyway. I'm on liquids for 2 days. again they are skipping mushies with me. You know the nurse was thinking that i shouldn't get a fill. I wanted to hit her in her head. It shear determination I had lost that amt of weight. Can I have some help please? Don't take that away from me. when doc came in he did it without hestition thank god. It hurt only because he couldn't find the port right away. He literally grabbed it like he was trying to hold it still while he poke me. ugh it hurt so bad. Once I laid down all things were clear and easy. I really wish I would have gotten more put in though.

It didn't really hurt but it was shocking and I was not ready for such a quick errr response. So moral of the story if you are stuck do not drink hot Water unless you are home and want to get rid of the stuff. I mean i felt better after the only thing was i didn't now and i almost threw up in front of my coworker! But if in distress next time i'll just take the water w/ me to the bathroom... again i could have waited this one out. Its been chicken twice w/ me now.

It didn't really hurt but it was shocking and I was not ready for such a quick errr response. So moral of the story if you are stuck do not drink hot Water unless you are home and want to get rid of the stuff. I mean i felt better after the only thing was i didn't now and i almost threw up in front of my coworker! But if in distress next time i'll just take the Water w/ me to the bathroom... again i could have waited this one out. Its been chicken twice w/ me now.

So its been two days. I can eat. I have something out to eat but all of a sudden I dont feel good-tummy wise. It feels like something is caught but I haven't eaten anything but applesauce. My friend bought it for me. It has sugar in it. I usually get sf but he doesn't know any better. Anyway, now I'm not feeling well. Yet i'm hungry. Yes I've had water. I don't know what to think. It sounds strange I know.

I got my first fill on 10/20/09 so it will be a week tomorrow. I had 2cc so that takes me to 5cc in a 10cc band... yes I asked because I always want to know what goes into my body, nurses just love me when I'm in the hospital, lol... anyway I did the recommended 48 hours of liquids and finally ate food on the third day and everything went to easily, maybe to easy...

This past weekend is when I finally thought I felt some restriction and only when I eat more solid foods... and then today I had some cold Water before I ate and I felt even more restriction and was able to just eat about 1/4 cup of tuna with 5 small crackers. I felt very full afterward and almost uncomfortable so about an hour after eating I had just a few sips of coffee and now my stomach is growling again, lol...

I did read somewhere that cold and Hot drinks can affect the feeling of tightness because they cause your stomach to relax or get stressed. So now I'm going to eat a SF popsicle before I eat my dinner to make sure I only eat a small portion but this time I'll stop when I feel full to avoid the uncomfortable feeling I had earlier...

All this experimenting is fun...

I got my first fill on 10/20/09 so it will be a week tomorrow. I had 2cc so that takes me to 5cc in a 10cc band... yes I asked because I always want to know what goes into my body, nurses just love me when I'm in the hospital, lol... anyway I did the recommended 48 hours of liquids and finally ate food on the third day and everything went to easily, maybe to easy...

This past weekend is when I finally thought I felt some restriction and only when I eat more solid foods... and then today I had some cold Water before I ate and I felt even more restriction and was able to just eat about 1/4 cup of tuna with 5 small crackers. I felt very full afterward and almost uncomfortable so about an hour after eating I had just a few sips of coffee and now my stomach is growling again, lol...

I did read somewhere that cold and hot drinks can affect the feeling of tightness because they cause your stomach to relax or get stressed. So now I'm going to eat a SF popsicle before I eat my dinner to make sure I only eat a small portion but this time I'll stop when I feel full to avoid the uncomfortable feeling I had earlier...

All this experimenting is fun...

That is quite interesting they told me you feel the cold Water and they do say to drink hot water if you are stuck though that didn't work well for me. One of the surgeons at NYU recommends a drink (wine) if it weren't for the empty calories I wouldn't mind that one! occassionally fine or after I lost my weight but now no.