Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jessiebear's complete list of NSVs...

1. I can touch my toes.

2. I have knee caps again (verses rolls of fat).

3. I have ankles again (no edema).

4. I cut my blood pressure medicine in half.

5. I can actually buy clothes in regular stores now (2-3x).

6. I bought scrubs from a scrub catalog who's scrubs have NEVER fit me before!

7. I lost a shoe size (go figure).

8. I can do aerobics now!

9. I enjoy sex again!

10. My husband can't keep his hands off me (well, he never could, but now I like it).

11. People are finally telling me I look good.

12. My back doesn't hurt as bad!

13. I'm running out of clothes that fit me.

14. I can shave my legs without looking like a contortionist.

15. I can drive my car in comfort now (the belt doesn't choke me).

16. 10/10/05 My Step-Mother told me twice yesterday that I really looked good! (this was unheard of & by far my best NSV to date!)

I'll keep thinking & add more! I have to get back to my housework!

updated NSVs 1/4/06

17. I can wear jeans again - size 25

18. I can wear boots again

19. I'm having to replace my wardrobe

20. I actually takes clothes back because they are too big!

21. I have a neck again

22. When we were in Branson, the weekend before Christmas, I actually walked up all of the stairs after getting off the Branson Belle, without stopping or getting out of breath! When I got to the top I realized I was alone (everyone else had to stop midway). That was a moment of enlightenment (wow! I did it!)

23. I was able to work 16 hour shifts in a nursing home where i was on my feet for at least 14 of the 16 hours.

24. I can bend over & tie my shoes now.

25. My youngest cousin, who is 8, climbed onto my lap Christmas eve & proceeded to turn around with a suprised look & exclaimed, "Jessie you have a lap now! Look everybody, I'm sitting on Jessie's lap!" I think this is my favorite NSV so far!

Happy New Year everyone! Hope it's Happy, Healthy (or healthier) & Prosperous for everyone! :Bunny

update 1/20/06

26. When I went for my fill on the 18th, I noticed that I actually had room on the gurney! On both sides of me! I didn't have to rest my arms on the side rails! I had to add this one before I forgot! :clap2:

update 1/23/06

27.I noticed last night that I am no longer like the hoover dam when I take a bath. Yes, the Water goes all the way around!

28. I have lost 12.25 inches from head to toe since January 5, 2006!! :faint:

Your favorite NSV and mine are similar...my daughter got her arms all the way around and then some! Thank you for posting your NSV's! I think they are really inspiring! Cindy

Kids always tell the truth about stuff like that. It makes their compliments more real sometimes, you know?

Those are great NSV's!

Thanks everyone! It's still slow going, but better slow going than no going! Right! I even gained 10 lbs. But it's not gonna get me down! I have already lost 5 of it! I also joined all of the challenges. I need the butt kicking! Just kick softly. I do have back problems. LOL!!

Jessie,

This is quite a list making you an inspiration for me! Thanks for posting these things. It's the things no-one wants to mention that are so important!!! Good for you!

Kelli