Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tracy, dirt cake is amazing, but it isn't really a cake at all. It is basically vanilla pudding, cool whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar. That gets mixed together and then crushed oreos go on top, so it looks like dirt. Serve it in a flower pot with Gummy worms crawling out and maybe an artificial flower or two.

I found a pic of one that is decorated for Halloween, but usually it is served in a new flower pot.

Dirt Cake I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

post-40009-1381313963404_thumb.jpg

post-40009-13813139634206_thumb.jpg

Boy! you've all given me lots to think about!

Another friend at work who wanted to have the bypass--did I mention her here? Anyway, she started thinking about getting the lap band but called me and one of the reasons she gave for changing her mind was someone told her that after ten years the band has to be removed. Someone in my department wants to have a bypass because she thinks it will help her to stop eating sweets.

I'm not sure who said it, but I can so relate to the fact that it's not my band, it's my mouth that opens to eat sweets. I have 5.75 CC's in my 10CC band, and I feel full on less. If I snack, I try, not always successfully, to have fruit, a few nuts, or just good ol' Water.

It makes me sad to think that the band might become a thing of the past. I would not have had weight loss surgery if it (the band) hadn't been a choice, and for all the reasons that y'all have talked about--it's irreversible and less risky being just a couple of the important ones.

Tracy, congratulations on the 7 pounds. You are truly our inspiration!

My surgeon also has support meetings which he sponsors, focusing on nutrition and emotional health. While I have made a couple of friends there, it feels like I can get just as much, if not more support from all of you, and for that I'm truly grateful.

Debbie

Good Morning all

Late but wanted to check in -

What a bunch of great input and reality check!

I am going in for my 4th fill next month - but just getting topped off, I am sure I am down to 1cc and yes it is that I can eat, but I have a tool and I know it gives me the reality check at 1.5cc so I'm going to get back to that but I've never done the fill unfill game, I am good at 1.5 and that is it.

Tracy - congrats

Cindy - I love dirt cake

hi all - got to go

I agree with Jenn, I love dirt cake. I made it years ago and the look on my Boss's face when I took a spoonful out of the flower pot was precious.

Working this morning and that is just the start of a very extremely busy weekend. I'll check in when I can.

Everyone do good, you know you can. It's up too us to use our Bands wisely.

Home for a little bit. Then hubby and I have to take off and get somethings done.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

Me and Tracy are going to be rooting for the opposite teams on Sunday. Oh well. lol.

OMG what a busy morning at the polls!!! What strong opinions people have and no issue sharing them in the one area we cannot have them doing so!! LOL

Waiting for Manda then we are off to get the phone issue dealt with, and have lunch.< /strong>

Got a kind of wake up from my Uncle last night. We were chatting on FB, and I mentioned how yucky I have been feeling, and when I said I was getting the sour stomach several times a week, he told me it is very likely my gall bladder, he said pain is the most common symptom of gall stones. The sour/gassy issues I am dealing with indicate a sluggish or diseased gall bladder. Hello! My Grandma had hers out after YEARS of this and they found it diseased. Told her for years it was fine because they saw no stones on ultrasound! Then last fall my Mom had hers out because it was sluggish---I swear! They did a test where they actually watched it, and it was non active. So out it come. I ask her, and very similar symptoms. Dr.'s told her for years her symptoms were IBS, or thought she was having an attack of diverticulitis.

So.....when election is over, I will go have it checked out, and if need be they can yank the little sucker out of there. Whatever it is, it is making me miserable, and carbonation irritates the you know what out of it. No more diet DP for me, I was so mad at myself last night, I know it and the salad were not good plans, but they both sounded so good. SO WHAT!!?? It did not feel good! LOL

We voted over 140 people this morning. 2 of us, they did not start coming in heavy until about 8:30 or 9, then it was steady. That is 2 of us, getting identification (that the state will allow us to), finding on the computer that person, printing an application for early voting, having them confirm that, and sign it, and print the 2 sided ballot, precinct specific, since at this time we are voting the entire county, explain the ballot, and get them into a voting station. We put that many people through by 12:30!!! We stayed hooked up! I can only imagine 2 years from now, the last presidential was so unbelievably busy---I forget how it is, until we get slammed again! The keeping your mouth shut no matter what they say is the hardest!!!

Well Manda is here.

Tracy keep goin' girlie, I am SOOOOO proud of you!!

I am proud of ME even, I have walked every day since getting Izzy----she deserves it.....and I do too! I missed Rick last night tho---and I think she did too!

BBL

YIPEE

I passed the test without study

Hellz yeah!! WTG!!

Spoke with my nephew in regards to changing our phone service. We are with Alltel, and they sold out here, so we have to find a new provider, and get new phones. I have had the same account for 10 years----so, he thinks our best bet is Sprint, I have no idea! We need something that will provide us with service in Texas as well as here.

I had Allteland now have Verizon. They're the only carrier that I can get service with here in podunkville.

Plain - why am I not responding to you???? where are you[/b]

I want company - someone come visit me

I went to a huge 3-day music festival in Austin. More on that later....I have to pack if I'm coming up to visit you. Whatta ya mean you weren't talking to me??

If I send you some valium will you come see me? :)

If you send me some Valium' date=' I'll come see you. Of course I'll be all tripping from the valium, but that makes for a more fun visit. Heehee...

Oh and we have Verizon. Have has them for years. We originally went with them b/c of their coverage. DH will get cell service on some of those fires that others don't.

Verizon is a friend to those that live in far-flung corners of the Earth...

I just finally put up another pic. I am so critical of myself. I hate pictures.

What?!? Your new picture rocks!!

Plain-wassup? :)

Wazzzzzzuuuuuuup?

I know it's emotional. I've pretty much given up on having a relationship, but that doesn't mean that the desire doesn't rear its ugly head sometimes.

Why have you given up? Don't make me come up there and slap a blind woman!!

Plain, where are you?

I'm here. I had to work days all this week. My evil Overlord bosses change my schedule frequently to suit their evil whims. Unless they're reading this......in that case, I love all my bosses.

Ok, so I went to AustinCityLimits fest this last weekend. There were dozens of groups spread out over 3 days The Eagles closed Sunday night. It was a blast!! Kinda bad news, though....I found out I can tolerate beer just fine. Ruh-Roh!

Anywho, I'll try to post pics, or you can just friend me on FB. Whateva. This weekend I'm going to a kind of multi-year class reunion and will try to pick up every desperate lady that might might have me. :) (That was a joke)

So, I've been busy, but I'm watching you ladies!! And yes, I meant it as creepy as it sounds.

Hi y'all....this is just a quick note to say thanks for all the kudos.

Gotta run go pack tho....goin' to Louisiana for the night. It was a spur of the moment, ok lets do it kind of thing.

I will talk to you all tomorrow!

:)

Kat...get that looked into!!

Tracy...I am GREEN with envy! I hope you win big! You deserved it. I wish we could join you!!!!!

I am going to find our "creepy guy" on Facebook, lol!!!

Plain...you have a FB page??
Nevermind...I Facebook, not myspace!!

Move on up in the world, Mr. Creepy!!

Um, Hello! I can totally hear you!!

I do indeed have a facebook page....although I don't really have any "friends". I have to rent them.

post-231523-13813139634359_thumb.jpg

post-231523-1381313963468_thumb.jpg

post-231523-13813139634965_thumb.jpg

post-231523-13813139635338_thumb.jpg

post-231523-13813139635647_thumb.jpg

Edited by plain
trying to mess with pics

Home, took FOREVER to do the new phones, figuring out the plan, then the system went down, and then they needed Rick's DL #---it was chaos all day long, and now everyones phones work except mine, I kept my #----and it has not ported over. grrrrrrrr should be up by morning, and will be fully charged, I have no idea how to use this fancy damn phone! BUT it is identical to Ricks---well his is not pink! LOL So I can only figure one out---usually I have to figure his too. So same #, text is up on this one, and I have to pay for the phone, which bites! But we had a good long run of work paying for it!!! LOL

Going to bed, gotta work tomorrow. I chose this weekend because Rick is working too.

See ya tomorrow it is a short day 10-2.

Evening!

I am pooped!! Been up since five and just got home a little bit ago from the football game.

Nothing much planned this weekend. I think I'm gonna tackle the garage and see if I can get some more junk moved to the shed. It just seems to all end up back in the garage!! Lazy, lazy, lazy...lol!

Zach is begging for pumpkin pancakes. I don't really want to mess with it as I have been doing really well on my eating. I am debating if I want to find a recipe and make a small batch or just load up and head to IHOP in the morning! We shall see how that goes.

Have a good one and be safe!!!

Angela

Hey Y'all!

Tracy, congrats on your loss!

Jenn, congrats on passing your test!

Plain, glad you had such a great weekend!

Hello to everyone!!!

I am sooooooo flippin' tired!

Monday: worked w/new secretary at the office, soccer, visit to a friend's house to pick up a HUGE dogloo for Reggie (free!), grocery store, dinner, bath, bed.

Tuesday: woodcutting, dinner, bath, bed.

Wednesday: cleaned the entire house, meeting w/insurance friend, dinner, bed.

Thursday: can't remember [and yes, I know that was only yesterday] :)

Today: office again, errands, home for an hour then took a friend to the city so she could pick up her car and DD and I went to costco and Target, dinner, then home finally about 9:30. THEN had to unload the truck and get the kiddo to bed.

Geez, what a week! Tomorrow is soccer pics at the field before the game at noon. I hurt too. :)

Night y'all!