Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tracy, I hate when my thumbnails get to short to text with on my phone. Funny about dsd, my nephew is real huge about letting us know his b-day is coming up. It's kinda funny, only difference is that we actually hear from him several times a month.

I'm home from work, gas station and grocery store. I went there to buy a piece of lemon pie to take to my bil in the hospital. Nope, they didn't have any yet. So I bought him a bag on mixed candy bars.

Other than that, later this afternoon I'm going to get some sewing done.

Where's Terri? I hope she is getting along with the Band.

OK ladies....I did something today that I have been thinking about doing for a long time.

I called my band dr today and got info on how to get the ball rolling towards having gastric bypass surgery. I gave them my new insurance nformation and it is still Aetna, which did not pay for the band BUT we pay for a better policy now so maybe it will make a difference. They are going to call my insurance and see what we need to do to prove it medically necessary. It seems that it would be obvious of why it is necessary, but we all know how that goes. I wish I had UHC. Anyway...i need to attend the seminar (again) and then see the dr at the seminar. The next seminar is the 7th of July but that is the day of Macys b-day party so I am attending the one on August 21st. Please send good vibes and prayers this way for a YES for me on this procedure.

I am so nervous...

Tracy, I hope that you get this if it is really what you want.

I am not a fan of people switching over to the by-pass. It's my own opinion. But if you can't have success with the band what makes you think you will have success with the by-pass. Do you really think that losing the weight with the by-pass will be the end of it all. Not hardly. Once you lose it you will still have to make sure that you follow a very strict diet to make sure that you don't regain it. I personally know of several people that lost over 100 pounds to only gain most of it back because they didn't make major changes in their lives. At least with the band if you gain it back you can go in for an adjustment. With the by-pass, nothing. No adjustments. This is just my own opinion but remember that no matter what you choose, I will cheer you on.

Hey everyone! I wasn't going to go this long without posting again, but time just flies to fast!! I'm doing good. Finally slept for several hours at a stretch last night and the went in to the shop today. Got home at 4. I actually think opening all that mail and filing helped the gas, I belched and belched and belched! ick lol. I'm not feeling hungry and really I'm not eating much at all. I'm also not getting enough Water in, after a few sips it kinda makes me feel nauseous. Gotta work on that because I go back for followup at the Urologist next week. He wasn't thrilled about the LB as is, if I go in with undiluted urine he really won't be a happy camper.

I've read thru everyone's posts but now can't remember lol. I think 2 rounds of anesthesia a week apart just did my poor old brain in. Or at least that's my story............

I go back to Albuquerque Wednesday (blech) for my postop follow up. Driving seems to hurt more than anything so I'm not looking forward to it. But I've lost 6 pounds since surgery. Man I'm going to miss that once I heal and get hungry lol. But I'll be ok with 1-2 a week, that's what WW always was and I was always thrilled. Just getting tired of cottage cheese and yogurt. Can't do my Protein Shakes, they were so good when I could load them up with ice in the blender, like a milkshake. But now I can't do that cold just yet and it takes 20 min to get 1/2 of one down. By that time it's almost like a snot consistency.:) Should be able to go to mushies after Wed I hope.

Kat when is your birthday? I'll be 50 exactly 1 month from today. I've hoped for years that I wouldn't be this fat by the times I'm 50 and looks like my prayers are gonna be answered. I may be bigger than I'd like at 50 but now I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Cindy (I think...sorry) I'm so sorry about your mother. My Dad had Parkinson's and I'm afraid it's starting to really weigh on my Mom. She couldn't find his 22 rifle 2 weeks ago and it really shook her up. My brother was able to go up (lives 90 miles away) and help her. He found it in the desk hutch/cabinet door loaded with spent shells. I talked to her some this weekend about seeing if their Senior Citizens Center has something he could go do, dominos or cards or checkers. She said she would check to see if they have a program for people who aren't always "there". It's so sad.

Hope you all have a great evening, I'm hoping we get some more rain tonight. Last night's thunder and lightening show was great lol.

Terri

Hey ya'll

Tracy - love ya, do what ya need to do, just don't bail ok? I had a good friend and was banded and didn't work at all.... ever for her, she got bypass and is better than me, long story short. she has new bypass friends

i don't want to lose you!

take care of you ok???? !!!!!

well time for bed. already took a nap but ready for bed, getting up at 3 so i can get on the elliptical and to work at 6:30, got my hrs back, that only lasted a day... i got a new superintendent - i love him, he doesn't put up with any shit and i have a crew to do what needs to happen.

anyway - have a good night, off to bed

Hey y'all!

Been a busy day! We got the alarms all up and working---that is aa GOOD feeling! I mean even with none of the stuff that has gone on, Rick has thousands of dollars in bikes, and thousands more in tools and equipment in the shop----so it is all good.

Pushing 50....yep in less than a month, I'll be pulling it!! LOL I turn 50 on the 17th of August Terri.

Cindy, we lost my paternal Grandma to Alzheimers. She got sick when I was a little girl---under 6. For many years, they tried to link it to a mental breakdown she had years before. She saw her 4 year old get hit by a car and it killed him, and she lost the baby she was pregnant with. so she went into a deep depression, and they always tried to link it to that.

When they finally diagnosed it as Alz. no one had ever heard of it. There were less than a dozen definite cases diagnosed nation wide!! She lived until I was well into my 30's----a loooooong time for Alz. patients, and by the time she died, there were support groups with millions of people in them---she paved the way, in many ways. My grandfather allowed them to take core samples of brain tissue after she died, for Alzheimers study. It is a sad disease.

Rick and I are having a big difference of opinion. he wants to go buy a new car....I want mine back. I love my car.....even more than I hate car payments! LOL, guess we will see. Of course I am not the one who will be working on it as it ages I suppose.

Will be back in later!!

Hey ya'll

Tracy - love ya, do what ya need to do, just don't bail ok? I had a good friend and was banded and didn't work at all.... ever for her, she got bypass and is better than me, long story short. she has new bypass friends

i don't want to lose you!

take care of you ok???? !!!!!

Thanks Jenn...that means more than you know.

I would never leave....ya'll are my friends and are stuck with me. I can't even believe you said that! :)

Tracy, I hope that you get this if it is really what you want.

I am not a fan of people switching over to the by-pass. It's my own opinion. But if you can't have success with the band what makes you think you will have success with the by-pass. Do you really think that losing the weight with the by-pass will be the end of it all. Not hardly. Once you lose it you will still have to make sure that you follow a very strict diet to make sure that you don't regain it. I personally know of several people that lost over 100 pounds to only gain most of it back because they didn't make major changes in their lives. At least with the band if you gain it back you can go in for an adjustment. With the by-pass, nothing. No adjustments. This is just my own opinion but remember that no matter what you choose, I will cheer you on.

ouch :)

Morning all

up and drinking coffee, going to get my big fat butt on the elliptical at 4

I gained 7lbs last week, and as some of it may be Water, I know what I ate and I need to get it undercontrol. OK slight lie, I gained 10 and lost 3. OMG what is wrong with me? I think I am tired or bored eating.

I felt like i ate a ton with George, but in reality I ate dinner and that is it, no munching and he kept me busy.

Tonight is my night to go to the fire dept, I'm nervous but very excited

So, last night dd and I were talking about her going to college. for years she has toyed with the idea of forensic science, influenced very young by CSI, and Bones and then took a couple of science classes. Anyway... I told her she should follow her dreams, our local community college has a great 2 year program and has a very good specific transfer program (i looked into it) She says... well.... I want to but my friends talked me out of it because there is not much you can do with it.... I LOST IT

These are the same kids who's parents talked me out of joining the firedepartment 2 years ago which I am now doing. I told her when I was her age, even younger I wanted to be a state trooper or firefighter, mostly trooper, but my friends back then talked me out of it, said I could never do it... blah blah blah. I listened and now here I am, pushing 40 going to follow my dream. I told her what was the worst thing that happens, you get a degree and still have all your liberal arts classes out of the way...FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS and don't listen to anyone. I told her all the specific fields she can decide to focus on when done with her 2 year and there are tons of jobs.

I'm so glad she is going to do it! I wish she would join the fire dept with me, because fire investigation might be cool, but she is young and can always do that ... plus hot responsible guys over there... i love her, but she needs to get some different guy friends

she is soooooooo me.. i love her to death

Kev dragged us all down for so long, I am going to build her up to where she deserves to be!

well, its 4:10, time to get my lazy butt up

Hope you all have a great day

xoxoxo

Good morning!

Kat, I know that alarm system has got to be a relief! I'm with you...I do not want another car payment. I am going to drive my cheap ("Jeep") until the wheels fall off!

Jenn, good for you...sticking up for your daughter! Forensics is cool. My mom is 55 years young and is currently in college working towards forensics. She has heard some less than positive comments about her age and why now. She just answers "Why not?". I love her and her attitude!!

Tracy, good for you! This journey has not been gravy for any of us, I don't think. You have to do what feels right in your heart. My step-son had gastric after the lap-band and has been really successful so far! I will have to bring you pics.

Terri...hang in there. The gas will go away!!

Suzie...ready to get back in the pool yet? I remember you were saying you felt Water logged, lol!

Have a good day!

Angela

Happy Birthday, Michelle. And Many More.

Home from work and sisters. Just chillin out for a little than we are headed into the pool. We'll be busy for the next few days, so we have to get our time in now.

Kat, any problems since you put the alarms in?

Terri, sounds like things are going well so far with the banding. I know it's hard but you can do this. Losing weight with the band is the easy part. Keeping yourself from over doing it is the hardest. I even find myself eating things that I should not but do thinking that if I eat a little it won't hurt. Well actually it does. Because I always want more. Good luck.

Edited by Suziecat