Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

I was wondering how many of you wern't required to do a liquid diet pre-surgery. My hospital doesn't require it at all, in fact they specifially told me not to do a liquid diet before hand. Only time I can't eat is after midnight on the date of my surgery. Anyone else have those same instructions? :thumbup:

That's the same instructions I had for my surgery November 4th. It varies from surgeon to surgeon. I had 2 days clear liguids post op then full liguids. Then Mushies at 1 week and finally solids at 2 weeks which I just started:thumbup:. It all seems to vary with the surgeon.

Even with my suurgeon, they said they can't always follow that timetable with everyone. It depends on how well they do with the surgery and the diet. They said some folks have to hang out on liquids for a few weeks before moving on to mushies:sad:.

Needing some advice/help/info here. I was banded Nov 6th. Can't get first fill until Dec. 7th. Ok heres the problem..first couple days was doing great..no hunger at all, then later towards end of week...im starving for anything n everything. Went back for post op checkup..doing good lost 6lbs. and learnd all about mushies. Been sticking to the mushie diet, but feel as though im still starved. Will it get better after I get first fill in Dec. Feel like when I go back to get it, I will weigh more than when started. :thumbup:

TIA

I was banded Nov 2. I just want to clarify... do you mean you get hungry a lot through out the day or do you mean that small portions don't satisfy you? I'm starting to get hungrier throughout the day but a small portion of something satisfies me. My doctor said if you feel hungry, have a protien drink. It helps with the hunger. Good luck.

I was wondering how many of you wern't required to do a liquid diet pre-surgery. My hospital doesn't require it at all, in fact they specifially told me not to do a liquid diet before hand. Only time I can't eat is after midnight on the date of my surgery. Anyone else have those same instructions? :thumbup:

No liquid presurgy diet here either. I'm surprised to hear so many had to. I was just asked to eat high protien, low fat prior. I think if I had to do liquids before hand I would have been really tired of them afterwards. My hat off to anyone who had to do that! But if we keep our goal in mind it will keep us going, right? What I did have some of before surgery were high protien bars. Oh Yeah makes a delishish Almond Fudge Brownie. 14 grams of protien, 190 cal. There are other good ones too.

Hello all. Well I am 10 days into my liquid diet (4 to go till surgery day) and I feel ROTTEN. Feels like I am getting a head cold, I am super weak and to top it all off having a super bad crampy period right now. Yuck, all I want to do is crawl into bed...I hope I start feeling better the last thing I want is to have my surgery postponed again! I think I feel extra weak due to no food so I ate a bit more today than I have in a while, maybe the extra calories will help!

Hang in there. I had to bump up the calories 1000 wasn't doing it for me, went to 1200 some days and I spaced them out. I also got my period surgery week, pissed me off since I don't get a period hardly ever since I have the Mirena!

You will be fine just a wee bit more!

Hey everyone. I see that someone started a thread in the post surgery section called "november knockouts". Come on over.

Well I was banded yesterday! I got home today. I wasn't in alot of pain I didn't need pain meds until 3:00am last night because I kept tossing and turning in the hospital bed. The only pain I really had was at the port site. I have bloating from the gas but it's not painful hopefully it stays that way. Well good luck to all of you getting banded soon.

Hello all.

I had my consultation today, and I am scheduled to have my surgery on Friday, November 27, 2009. I'll be on my liquid diet all week, which means I won't be going to family's for Thanksgiving dinner (that would be torture). I've only told my partner, and two friends. (My family would think I've lost it if I shared this with them). I hope to lose 65 pounds. Good luck to all of you! Looking foward to supporting all of you.

I am getting banded this Wednesday (the day before thanksgiving) and have been on a liquid diet for 2 weeks now. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my family of 10 last night. I did not want my son to miss out on the holliday. It was not that bad at all.

Hello all.

I had my consultation today, and I am scheduled to have my surgery on Friday, November 27, 2009. I'll be on my liquid diet all week, which means I won't be going to family's for Thanksgiving dinner (that would be torture). I've only told my partner, and two friends. (My family would think I've lost it if I shared this with them). I hope to lose 65 pounds. Good luck to all of you! Looking foward to supporting all of you.

I am getting banded this Wednesday (the day before thanksgiving) and have been on a liquid diet for 2 weeks now. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my family of 10 last night. I did not want my son to miss out on the holliday. It was not that bad at all.

KUDOS to you SE!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::unsure:

I am in drooling mode all the time just watching the holiday commercials on TV!:(

And I'm having my Lap band on Friday. Im on a low fat, low sugar and lots of protean diet. Ive already lost 8 lbs and my sugar level is approaching normal and Ive had to reduce my insulan. Can you imagine, no more needles and insulin. I can hardly wait.

Mark

Mark, my husband is diabetic and was banded last month. He is using like a 1/4 of what he use to shoot up in insulin. A BIG difference. No more 350's and HIGH readings on his sugar kit. He has gone to low a few times, be carefull right after you are banded because if you crash you cant gulp down the sugar like you used too to raise it up.

And I'm having my LAP-BAND® on Friday. Im on a low fat, low sugar and lots of protean diet. Ive already lost 8 lbs and my sugar level is approaching normal and Ive had to reduce my insulan. Can you imagine, no more needles and insulin. I can hardly wait.

Mark

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with no pre-op diet reqired. I am doing high protien and extra calcuim, as the doctor suggested though. My post op instructions are 14 days liquid (with first day home clear liquids) and then "baby food" for 14 days then soft foods for 14 days. It's interesting that so many doctors had so many different instructions!

weight.png

I had my surgery on the 19th, and stayed overnight at the hospital. The first night was hard, it was hard to move around, and I had a hard time with dry mouth and throat. Getting up to walk around was good, but hard at first. By the time I got home on the 20th I was feeling better, but still sore. The only real pain I've had is headache - the incisions are ok. I hate smelling food around me, and watching tv commercials/shows about thanksgiving. It makes me realize how much food is a huge part of my life. I've tried walking outside, and had my daughter drive me to Target today to walk a little bit, which was good. The Protein Shakes are giving me gas, which is not FUN. I'm living off of Protein shakes, Tomato Soup, grape juice and Jello. Can't wait for the mushies to start already! Hope all you other Nov banders are doing great!!

I was wondering if anyone ever has a fairly easy post op. A minimum of pain, not much of a gas problem, not to much discomfit. Or is it always a couple of days of "torture" Not quite, but you know what I mean. My procedure is Friday, and its just hitting me.

Mark

I also got my period surgery week, pissed me off since I don't get a period hardly ever since I have the Mirena!

Same here... damn mirena....lol. the minute i stripped down for surgery i started spotting!