Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Jane, Good luck with your weigh-in and with the new doctor. :0)

Michelle, I knew the kids would come around and we can all use an extra bit of motivation . . . I hear WDW a'callin

Grady is absolutely adorable. It is a reminder that I have 3 months to figure out how to do Ayla's first birthday. Maybe I will do it at the park so that the kids can run amuck, lol. Or maybe if the weather is really nice, we can have a swim party at our pool. June in Ohio can be hot, cold, or anything in between.

Carson's walking video was sooo cute. Ayla will stand and hold on to things, but the moment she lets go for an instant, she drops, lol. Any given day at my house you now see pillow's spread strategically around the living room, lol.

Pamela, I think Friday is going to be an ammazzzing day for both of you. What night will be the official first night to sleep in the new house?

Well, my ticker said I hadn't updated it in 80 days. I had to update it and put my actual current weight in. It is funny, I can't lie and put in a false number but I can let it inappropriately reflect an old number that is more positive than the current number. It seems like I am just built that way. I find it almost impossible to lie directly but can definitely be guilty of crimes of omission, lol.

Happy Monday everyone.

Judy, you are doing AWESOME!!! I am just in awe of your willpower. Keep up the good work. I would try what pam says and see if that works...

I stayed the same weight wise in february. Why oh why does my body like it here?

I hate typing this on my phone. This sucks bigtime...

Had a great, albeit busy weekend. Saturday I had appts all morning long, then we drove juans mom and grandma to the bus station. They left for mexico.

Then Sunday after mass we went up to a local state park and did some hiking and had a picnic. Drove home at dusk and crashed... I didn't want to get up this morning...

Carson and grady are getting so big. I can't belive its already been a year since they were born. I just love watching them grow! Can't wait to start trying... we are both so ready and talk about it all the time. We would start now but my luck would be that I get preggo on the first try and then am walking down the aisle with a belly, lol... we are waiting for the honeymoon. Will definetly need good violet vibes!

Pam - I can't believe the huge success of adam lambert in such a short period of time! His concerts are selling out everywhere... glad you had a great time. I bet you'll be counting down the minutes till Friday!!! Yay yay yay, I'm so excited for you! Are you all packed? Does your house come with appliances or are you having to buy new ones? Is it gonna be weird waking up in such a big house?!

Ok, my fingers are geeting crampy now... ill check back in tonight after I get home

Oh what a difference a few hours make!! I woke up okay, now I am soooo crabby!!! Nothing major just a bunch of little things. I think I need a good cry!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Ethan just went home and the bobster and I are having some homemade Soup. I put some cayenne pepper in and it has quite a kick, but it's good.

Food report for today...

B...few bites of tuna.. wasn't hungry

B...a little later 1 cup cherrios with 1/2 banana

S...1/2 banana

L...1/2 cup moo shu pork

S....3 ginger snaps.. (I caved)

S....several cashews

D...1 cup hamburger/veggie soup

S...when I get home from rehearsal..blueberries and cream

I haven't done my gliding yet, but plan on doing 30 minutes before I go to bed.

Janie..keep smilin'!!! Don't sweat the small stuff.

Everyone have a good evening..

4 days till KEYS DAY, PamELa!!!

Pray for my friend's mom, she is in the hospital, tried to kill herself.

Certainly will, Laura. So sad about Andrew Koenig and Marie Osmond's son. Depression can happen to anyone at any time.

oh laura, so sad. I'll keep her in my prayers. What's her first name?

Janie - oh boo, what's wrong? Why the crankiness?

I had a major meltdown at the pharmacy today. I get insulin and needles for my diabetic dog once a month at my neighborhood CVS. I've never ever been asked for a prescription and I've always just gone in and asked for whatever I needed. Today the sub pharmacist was a total jackass to me. He asked me what he could help me with and I said I need a box of needles for insulin and he looked at me like I was crazy. He said I needed a prescription for it. I explained to him that it was for my dog and that I didn't have a prescription. Then it occured to me to tell him to look up my record since CVS has a rewards program and they record every single purchase and while I was trying to tell me this he held his hand up to my face and told me that there was no way I was getting needles there and that I needed to leave. I couldn't believe it! For him to first of all to cut me off while I was talking to him and then to hold up his hand to my face! I was livid! He asked me to leave again and told me that he wasn't SUPPLYING me with needles. Like if I was using them for drugs or something. I about had a caniption. I went home, which is one minute away, grabbed my coco and her insulin and went back to the store. I showed him the insulin and the dog and told him that I was definetly going to put in a report for the way he spoke to me. When I spoke to the manager in charge he apologized profusely and said that the pharmacist was a sub and he came from south houston and those CVS's had different policies regarding needles. I was shaking so hard I almost dropped my dog!

oh well, i'm going to bed now. night ya'll

oh and one last big thing...

Please please please say a prayer for Juan's aunt that is getting a kidney transplant done tomorrow. Her husband is giving her one of his kidney's. Her surgery is at 7am. her name is Maria and his name is Luciano. Please pray for both of them. thank you ladies...

We're a big prayer circle these days -- there's power in numbers!

Please keep my MIL in your prayers, as well. She's still in the hospital, still trying to get her "stablized" before any substantive therapies can begin. Now the doc is saying it's a 20% chance of a 1-year survival. Not good news. To go from fine in Nov/Dec to this in Feb/Mar is head-spinning!

This reinforces my Make Today the Best It Can Be motto... that one & the Life Is Short, Live Now! one that I'm always babbling on about. But it's true!

I'm so glad that we went to MX w/them in January. Time spent making memories is never wasted. Here are a couple pics of her from our January trip:

post-17584-13813670523531_thumb.jpg

post-17584-13813670524299_thumb.jpg

MAKE TODAY A GREAT DAY!!

post-214707-1381313917422_thumb.jpg

post-214707-1381313917459_thumb.jpg

Oh wow, Haydee, my head would've been spinning off as well. How rude! Did he apologize when you went back?

Hey Girls~

Adding to the prayer circle...Susanne's mom has a mass that is 6" x 4" on a leftover ovary piece that was left behind from a hysterectomy 40 yrs ago. There is no blood supply there, but the mass is big now! She is underway w/ tests...and is fiesty as hell! She says, "aahhh, f^&* them, day don't know nutting" in a thick German accent. Anyway, Susanne is besides herself on this one...w/ the house and all our stress now...uuggg! Appreciate it girls!

Haydee, I would have flipped my lid on this mo fo!

Gotta run, but Michelle, I agree...Life is Short. My new motto is LIVE LIFE LIKE IT IS GOLDEN!

xoox

Good morning, Violets..

It sounds like today is a day for praying. Add my family to the list. Ethan's mom is being investigated by Child Protective Services for hitting her teen age son with a belt. Steven reported her so of course they are following through. Steven is a handful and Jen is unstable. So it's a no win situation. I have Ethan early today so he wasn't in the middle of everything.

I will be keeping you all in my prayers. It seems to be a very trying time for everyone. We have to be strong for those going through all the difficulties. And we have to keep ourselves strong and on the right path with our eating. Don't let this be an excuse, k?

Love you all..

Judy, I am sorry your family is going through that. When I was a child, getting a belt ot the rear for misbehaving was par for the course. Times have changed.

I got investigated once when my son was 1 1/2 to 2 years old. He got a black eye at daycare when he fell and hit the edge of one of the toddler tables during play. Since it didn't happen at home and was witnessed, it got cleared up right away. However, it was still embarrassing and they ask you questions like as if you derive great pleasure out of tormenting children. I remember thinking at that time that it just as easily could have happened at home . . . and then what would have happened?

There are a lot of people in need of prayer right now and I will keep everyone in mind.

Haydee, I could never have gone back with the dog, I would have been too upset. You are a stronger person than me. It doesn't matter if there are different policies in different locations, the need to treat customers with dignity and respect everywhere is essential. That was ridiculous.

Janie, I have days like that too. Sometimes a good cry is definitely a mood stabilizer . . . just put in a good tear-jerker flick and you are good to go.

Judy, you are doing so well right now . . . please pass a little of that motivation around to the rest of us :0)

Okay today is a new day!!

Wasn't their a famous couple that just in the past year or so donated their kidney to their spouse? Judy probably knows!!!!! It is so touching that it works like that. You know for sure about your soul mate being yours!!

Sadness abounds! I am saying a special prayer for everyone when I finish. Hang tough girls and ditto for what Judy said about eating!!

I got a notice yesterday from my insurance company that I owe them $227 from an error THEY made two years ago. I tried calling and of course I got a recording to leave a message. My gosh that was one of the things that got me going yesterday. I will tackle that one today, maybe when I say my prayer I will put b/c/b/s in their, so I don't lose my mind with them.

Okay, enough about me, I hope all with heavy hearts find something to lighten today!!!