Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I am freezing today too. It has been moderately reasonable with a lot of melting snow the last few days. Then this morning I have to scrape, scrape, scrape the ice off of my car and now I just can't get warm enough.

I can't wait for spring. I am just itching to buy a bike seat for Ayla. I saw helmets for infants 1+ at toys r us and I really want to do a lot of biking with her this year. I did a ton of biking before I got pregnant. I read that it is not safe to take an infant biking under 1 year old because the jostling is bad on their neck's when they are small and have not yet built up sufficient neck strength. She will be ready this summer, that is for sure.

I need to exercise but I haven't been doing much at the gym lately. I took Ayla to the family swim times but that is it. I really need to work on it.

Michelle, I am still hoping everything is good with Mo and your MIL.

Laura, I am avoiding daycare for as long as possible. I don't like having an infant in daycare but I think she will be fine once she is 2 or so.

Okay, here I go again, I hope!!

Good morning!!!

Heather I love Ayla's picture!!!!!

No snow here but the sun is shining!!!! It is cold, but that is okay!!! SUN!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that with Jack in the Box and sort of reminded me when I worked at Dennys and we had a sandwich called the 'superbird', it was super popular, and it was good too. From what I remember bacon was the only thing different.

Okay, this is the start to my work week!! Didn't do anything the past two days.......story of my life. I need to become not so reclusive!!!!

Aww the new picture of Ayla is darling!!

I was hoping to hold off daycare till 2-3, but I obviously didn't know what I was in for!! He wants to do things, and he can't do them here. IF the daycare meets my standards (the other one totally did, if only I were a rich woman), I think he'd be happier during the day. And I'm only doing 3x a week for now, so he's still with us 2x a week at work. We do our tour today, I have my list of questions.

It was almost in the 70's this weekend.. and today it's in the 30's and snow flurries tonight and tomorrow. What the heck.

Oh and I don't know how many of you keep up with people on Facebook, but did you see Denise is adopting her grandson Dimitri? Such a nice grandma, I couldn't imagine!!

Good morning,Violets.

Just finished my 20 minutes of gliding. Now I'm waiting for Bob to get home so we can have lunch together. I decided to add my ticker again to keep myself accountable. I ordered some clothes from Woman Within and they arrived today.... all too small. ;o(( I ordered a medium but that's a 14W-16W.. so I was sure they would fit. WRONG! It's depressing!!! Anyway they are all going back and I'm not ordering anything else online for awhile. I'll just have to try things on before I buy.

Ayla is soooo cute. We have to get Ayla and Carson together.. what a cutie patootie couple they would make!!!

Laura.. there are days when I feel like I've adopted Ethan!! I've been baby sitting him since he was 6 weeks old and he'll be 4 in June. One more year and then he's off to school.. I HOPE!!! I hope everything works out well at the daycare. I know how active Grady is, I can't imagine you can get much work done when Carson is on the move! But you've been so lucky to have had him with you for so long while you're working.

Haydee... 40's sound heavenly, but everything is relative. I totally understand!! I'm still scouting out a dress for the wedding. Got another one picked out, but Kris has to ok it first to make sure it's fashionable enough.. She's my fashion critic. When she says " ohhhh, Mother".. I know I'm in trouble!!

Off to fix some lunch for the Bobster and me.

Jane...when is your next doctor appointment?? I'm anxious to hear how things work for you with him.

Michelle... where are youuuuuu??

PamELa.. no more lisping, eh? :tongue_smilie:

Hey Michelle, what ever happened with the horse and Claire? Did she get a new one or did the old one decide to act right?

She got a new one... Savannah... much better behaved!

DD earned Reserve Champion (2nd place) in her division for the Winter (Oct - Feb) jumper shows @ her barn! So proud of her!!

Here they are:

post-17584-13813670493804_thumb.jpg

post-214707-1381313914374_thumb.jpg

I hope to be just as lucky as laura and at least keep my child with me the first year. We will have to see what happens.

I can't see aylas pic because I'm posting from my phone. This website was banned again at my work. Sucks. I am eating my lunch. tuna casserole.

Hey.. where'd it go?? Guess you figured out it was a mammoth pic, eh?

Man, you're FAST for a lil' ol' preacher's wife from Alpena, Michigan!! :cool2:

Yes, I figured out it was mammoth... good thing I'm a genius, huh? & that the second time I noticed the "Preview Post" button at the bottom of this little boxy-thing I type in. What's the phone number for Mensa?? :tongue_smilie:

This website was banned again at my work. Sucks.

This makes me feel like we're some kind of "ooh la la" site!! :tongue_smilie:

Good afternoon, gals...

A busy start to the day... slowing down a bit now.

Am about to dig into another chapter of work... am burning a "Tea & Honey" Yankee Candle at my desk, and it smells soooo good -- EXACTLY like a cup of tea w/honey! How do they do that? A very relaxing scent. I've got Cafe Mocha in the kitchen... hmm, hadn't noticed, but I'm doing the whole "warm winter drinks" theme w/my candles!

I did very well w/eating, moving yesterday. Am doing pretty good today, too. So far:

B = vanilla chai flaxseed pro shake

S = grande nonfat chai latte @ SB

S = 100 cal choc choc chip vitatop muffin top

L = strawberry/banana, van greek yogurt, skim milk, flaxseed, vanilla pro powder shake -- very thick and very tasty... *almost* milk-shakey!

Keep enjoying the day!

OMG...long day...off to the mac lab to do teen biz 3000

loved that pic of claire

can't wait to hear about the daycare laura

too tired to cap

Daycare was HORRIBLE.

Here's the preface, I went to a hoighty-toighty daycare first (a month or so ago). Gave me a 30m tour + Q&A, Loved it, but too expensive.

So this place was in our price range.. We walked in, and it's the glass walls, and she just points to the room; which had a mix of TEN!!! kids--4 infant, 6 were under 2.

That is illegal first of all. When I asked about it, she said they have another worker, but she gets off at 12.. uhm so from 12-6 they are operating illegally. Immediately we both made our minds up on that alone.. but then, the ONE person working in the room, didn't even try to pretend in front of us, she clearly hated her job. She was annoyed, tired, etc.. I guess with 10 kids you would be, but uh... that's not the environment for MY baby!

9 of the kids, 4 which were infants, all sat on a blanket, no toys, not moving, nothing.. with a pacy in the mouth. Not doing anything. Carson wouldn't even do that, and the lady is like 'they do when parents aren't around'. Babies turn into zombies when parents aren't around? Huh.

Sooo I was looking up other places to check out, found an old website and assumed it's out of date, but decided to check em out anyway. They said I don't need to make an appt, just stop by whenever.. that's always good (other one makes you make an appt, although they didn't clean up the act so I don't know why). She gave me an hour long tour, the kids were WELL attended to, the staff was young and perky, she said 90% of them do have ECE, and a couple of them are certified (whatever that is, that's not a degree??). They have video monitoring every inch of the place, which is recorded, should you ever want to look back. The ratios were right... the ONLY problem I had, was a FUNKY smell. When I walked in, it was overwhelming. One of the last things she showed me was the 1+ food menu, and said today was salmon patty today (AH HA!) and was explainin how they call them something goofy to make the kids eat it, but that explained my only problem with the place.

The big kicker, it's near my house, and it's CHEAPER than the bad place. ANNND I actually liked it more than the hoighty toighty place I originally liked. I can't say enough about how well I liked the staff here.

Pretty no-brainer..

Edited by FairyFacade