Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning, Violets..

I'm up early to greet Ethan when he arrives for the day. Well, I weighed in this morning and lost 1# so I'm happy with how day 1 went. I'm hungry this morning for the first time in a long time. Will have some tuna with soy nuts and mandarin oranges and will share with Ethan. I've trained him well! Got my 30 minutes of exercise in yesterday and will work at it again today.

I had a friend of a Facebook friend contact me about lap band back in September. I had not heard from him except once saying he had lost 19# so I emailed him the other day. Got a reply back today and he has lost 90#!! So it can be done. I just have to make these 39 more days count!

PamELa.. glad to hear the taping went well.

Keeping Sheila in my prayers today.

Everyone have a good day! I'm sure gonna try!!!

Finally, kids go back to school today! 2-hour delay, but they are going!

Thanks for the prayers for S. Things are still a bit vague right now, meaning that "they" don't exactly know what's wrong, so info changes day to day and no specific plans can be made (such as, how long she'll be in the hospital, if/when we should go up, etc.)... but as dh said, "It doesn't look good."

DH & DS are going to Williamsburg for a soccer weekend this weekend... DD & I will stay here... I'm toying w/the idea of she & I going up either Sat eve - Sun or maybe even just up & back on Sun, just to see/hear her & the situation for myself... we'll see...

Ok... lots to catch up on today... make it a good one!

Yay on the -# Judy!

Hey Girls~

Another day another dollar! After yesterday, I am looking forward to being in the library and the mac lab 3 of the 5 periods today! I am still working on my damn stupid board stuff....uuuggg....writing every free minute I have!

Have a great day! Congrats on the # Judy.

Michelle, keep us posted on S!

Haydee, Laura, Janie, Heather...love you!

I put something on FB sooooo funny. I got it from Denise (original violet). If you get a chance go see...omg, it is funny! I love this little boy, I think he is about 3 yrs old

Me again!

I just wanted to share this passage that I read today, as part of my "body/mind/soul" approach to this Lenten season... thought the Vi's might enjoy it, as well.

Start the Day with Love, Live the Day with Love, End the Day with Love

If any of us could master this strategy to its fullest, we would be among the great role models of humanity, right up there with the likes of Mother Teresa. Yet, as difficult as this strategy would be to master, it's worth every bit of effort you put into it.

Actually, the wisdom of this strategy is quite simple. The idea is to remind yourself frequently, throughout the day, of the importance of living your life with love as your absolute top priority. Someting magical happens to your life when nothing is seen as more important than love. "Small stuff" is kept in its proper perspective and consciousness opens to the beauty and joy of life. Our day-to-day living begins to take on an extraordinary quality and we begin to experience what's truly most important in life.

"Start the day with love" means that when you wake up in the morning, you open your heart and remind yourself of your intent to be loving in every aspect of your life.

"Live the day with love" means that your choices and actions stem from your decision to be loving, patient, kind, and gentle. It means you keep things in perspective and try not to take things personally or blow things out of proportion. It means you make allowances for the imperfections of others and of yourself, and that you make an effort to keep your criticisms and judgments from rising to the surface. Living the day with love suggests that, whenever possible, you will make an effort to be generous and complimentary, as well as humble and sincere.

"End the day with love" means that you take a moment at the close of your day to reflect and be grateful. Perhaps you say a prayer or do a quiet meditation. You might look back on your day and review how closely your goal of living with love matched up with your actions and choices. You do this not to keep score, or to be hard on yourself, but simply to experience the peace associated with loving intent and to see areas where you might act even more loving tomorrow.

From Don't Sweat The Small Stuff with Your Family.

Good morning!!

Sneezing my head off today and yesterday. So much snot, I think I have lost 29 pounds just by blowing!!!

I hope you have some encouraging news today Michelle!! It started off with school so maybe that is a good sign!

Wow did anyone else look at the place Haydee is going? Now that would be a great violet getaway!!!!

Good going Judy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle, that was great! I need to be reminded often to love more!

Jane, I LOVE THE PLACE Haydee is going. I want to go there, but will be broke for a few years.But that is sure something to save for. Off for lunch...taco salad day!

Oh yeah, no... the place we stayed in MX was *nothing* like Haydee's! Ooh la la!!! Gorgeous!!!

the place we go to is actually not too expensive. i'll ask my dad for the breakdown and that might be somewhere we should consider going to. it's great for families, hint hint... very secluded. away from all the stress.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new carson pic... He is such a cutie...

michelle - keeping your MIL in my prayers...

Michelle,

where is Grantsville MD? Is it near you? I have a student who teaches there and she hasn't been to school all week. Just wondering how far is this from you?

Hello everyone!

I sure have the winter blahhs today, blahh with work, blahh with eating, blahh with everything. I just want to curl up at home in my toasty bed with a good book and a glass of OJ. Is it Friday yet???

Prayers for Shiela, Michelle.

Michelle,

where is Grantsville MD? Is it near you? I have a student who teaches there and she hasn't been to school all week. Just wondering how far is this from you?

It's about 2 hours West of me... more in the mountains, so they usually get more snow than we did. It's out where we were going to go on our first Vi trip, before we decided to go to Gruene. Man, I bet they go a lot of snow!

Good evening, Violets...

One more day coming to a close and 38 more to go!!

Food report..

Breakfast... 1/2 cup tuna salad with soy nuts and mandarin oranges

Lunch...1 small cobb salad from Walmart

Snack...handful cashews and macadamia nuts

1 cup hot chocolate with my daily dose of Miralax..

Supper...2 pieces very thin crust pizza...Italian carnivore.. lots of meat.. little cheese and sauce

Exercise.... going up to do 15 minutes now and 15 minutes during Project Runway.

Another good day and I plan on weighing in, in the morning.

Haydee.. I checked out that site.. Deeevine!!! The rates are very reasonable too. Problem is getting a flight in.. couldn't find any right now. Just wanted to see what the flight costs might be.

Horrible fire in Texas today.... so sad..

Everyone have a great night...sleep well!!

Piehole report...

B'fast- Yoplait yogurt & chocolate milk

Lunch- Taquitos, chips & dip, side salad

Snack- granola bar

dinner (to make up for lunch): Tempeh and butternut squash Soup

snack for later...I'm going to have a 100 calorie pack.

I am on a roll, I've stayed under my calorie goal since I started back to it almost 2 weeks ago! I'm not denying myself (as you can see), I'm just evening things out and paying attention. I can do this.

Also, I posted a hilarious video of Carson doing baby bowling at work today on FB. If you don't have FB let me know and I'll e-mail it.