Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grocery list!

Hey everyone. I need some help compiling a grocery list. I'm a college student, so things that are healthy but still quick and easy are key! Healthy Snacks are also a plus. Also, I can cook (I have a fully equipped kitchen in my dorm. I know, I'm spoiled.), but most nights I'm tired and just want something that requires little effort.

Here's a list of what I keep in the dorm:

Pepperoni

Peanuts

Frozen chicken tenders (I usually cook five or six of these up with some olive oil and garlic and then store them in the fridge for later.)

Frozen tilapia filets (I cook them the same way I do chicken.)

SF Jell-o

SF popsicles

Protein bars

Slim Fast (But I'm guilty of skipping Breakfast...I just can't get anything down in the morning, and I can't wait for my band to loosen up because I have class.)

Hershey kisses (One a day! For a little sweet treat.)

Huge bottles of Water

Diet green tea

Various Soups

Anyway, I'm getting a bit bored with this stuff, and would love some suggestions, as I go shopping on Thursday. Thanks!

Do you like tuna or sardines?

How about sugar free Fat Free puddings?

Reduced Fat Cheeses?

Salsa for on carrots or apple slices.

pineapple juice for emer. PBs

My baratric Coordinator said no nuts if by mistake you swallow some not as ground as smooth Peanut Butter or too sharp for the banded area the Dr. has to go and get them in the hospital.

My nephew just started college this year at Tulane. So good luck

I love tuna and it's on my list of things to get, but sardines...eh. I'm not a big fan of strong fish. Cheeses are good and I've got some on my list as well as SF pudding. I've never heard on putting salsa on carrots or apples...is that actually good?

I'm looking too for quick and easy meals though. Thanks for your suggestions! You reminded me of a few things I forgot to put on my list.

I am definately one who likes to keep things changing!! I don't like to eat dull or boring food either!! However, some ideas might be fat free refried Beans, i eat those with either meat or cheese and salsa. String cheese is a good one. I like to keep canned green beans in the house to get some veggies in! I like to make meatloaf and I make a lot of chicken. Chili is also a good one to make and easy to reheat and eat for a few more days! Oh and salads!! I use turkey lunch meat on my salads for Protein and put some veggies on there, cheese and light dressing, the possibilities are endless!! I hope that I have helped!!

Low-fat cottage cheese. I buy it in the individual 4 oz. containers. Also what about light yogurt? If they have a Kroger store near you, Kroger has a yogurt called "Carbmaster" it has 12 grams of Protein, 3 grams of sugar, and 1.5 grams of fat. And it's good! Also what about eggs? Hard-boiled eggs are easy enough to make, or scrambled. :blushing:

2 minute noodles, Soups, crackers cheese & chutney, mash potato, quiche, zuccihni slice, frittata, omeletes, dips, tin spaghetti or baked Beans, anything from the frozen section you can oven cook - I like a potato ball with a cheese & cracked black pepper flavour or chicken tenders or fallafel. Now leave me be, I gotta go & have a pappodum with tzatziki & Malai Kofta (amazing Punjabi veg balls in a thick sauce). Life is not over with the band - I'm loving it. It's like you can have your cake & eat it too.

I like those healthy choice cafe steamers.

i like keeping some lean deli meats on hand. a few slices of lean ham wrapped around a piece of cheese make a quick, great tasting band friendly snack. oh and if you get the hillshire farms deli select brand( i think its the right brand) they come in a nice reusable gladware container. perfect for a poor college student. i alsp keep some Fiber choice granola bars on hand. they taste great are filling and help give me my daily chocolate fix. good luck at school!:blushing:

oatmeal, eggs, and Protein powder are staples for me. I like instant bean or broth-based Soups too. Fresh fruit like bananas and apples are a must and canned pineapples are a favorite treat.

OMG I almost forgot! Ground lean or white meat turkey is my holy grail. Its good for riceless stir-fry, meat loaf in a muffin tin Pasta sauce, sloppy Joe...u name it.