Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Out there January 08 Bandsters~~

Wow, we all have stopped coming here.....I check in every now and then, and am amazed how were on here everyday before and right after surgery. Now, stop in every few weeks.

I have been plateaued again...I fractured my foot, and also tore a ligament in the same spot, have had a cast on my foot for 8 weeks. Haven't lost a pound in over 2 months.

Now, have lots of personal things going on, family issues, people close to me losing their jobs, a breakup, massive expensive car repairs, etc. In the old days I would have been binging on food. Now haven't, the only thing of my former eating habits I did was finish a 1.75 quart container of ice cream over 3 days. And I felt guilty about that. Never had I felt guilty about eating something. It was a weird thing.

I don't know, posting it here makes me feel better. Its funny, it took 20 months for me to do something this reckless with food, and it bothers me.....Boy, have I changed.

Hello Chrisann,

I am still active on the boards but I post most on the Shrinking Violets April '07 thread. It is very active daily and it was just so quiet over here I stopped checking much.

I have lost all of my weight and am in maintenance mode. I had a baby in June and she is doing great. However, unfortunately and sadly, my band slipped while I was in the hospital with the baby. I ended up needing a band replacement in September.

I originally had a Realize band and now have the large 14cc size Allergan band. I have only had one fill so far and am struggling with my choices again but my weight is still within goal range. However, I know without the band and fills it wont stay in an acceptable range because my hunger has come back full force.

All and all things are well. Even with the complication, I still feel like banding was the best thing I ever did for myself.

You look great in your picture and hopefully things are looking up and life has calmed down over the last months. :0)

Happy New Year All we have been banded 2 years now how is everyone doing out there fine I hope. The holidays was harder this year than last so many stresses. Trying to learn how to cope with out food or money. Food was my stress calmer and than shopping replaced food now I have no money to spend I have to deal with my problems head on and it was not easy. But I came through with out gaining weight and that is a change for me this band is the best thing that I have ever done for me. I have lost 150lbs so far had an unfill in sept. gain for the first time gained 14lbs got a fill in Oct. lost no weight but didn't gain any had other fill Dec. have lost 10 of the 14lbs gained I'm 20lbs from goal and I'm scared I wouldn't make it I'm in the gym 3 times a week and work out at home with the wii. My body feels good still no more meds so that is still a plus. I'm starting back to school this month it has been a long time there no one or anything to stop me from making my goal I have lost the weight and have new knees. Please keep me in your prays and I will be praying for you also. Be Blessed in 2010

LadyRoz

My doctors have told me that I am 29 pounds from their goal weight for me! Personally, I thought I had 40 pounds to go. But I trust them more at this point.

I made it through the holidays! Last year I was on liquid because of complications, and two years ago on liquid because of the impending surgery, so I was finally able to taste the food my family cooks only this time of year.

I have no qualms that the last 29 pounds are going to take me at least 6 months, if not longer, so I am not going to let it bother me.

LadyRoz hang in there. :(