Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Mile Challenge

We have had 2 very successful months with our Mile challenge. We have set, met and exceeded goals with the encouragement of our members.

Come and join us on this wonderful journey! If you need some encouragement, check out the July and August 2009 Mile Challenge threads.

Hope you cross the finish line with us.:wub:

We have had 2 very successful months with our Mile challenge. We have set, met and exceeded goals with the encouragement of our members.

Come and join us on this wonderful journey! If you need some encouragement, check out the July and August 2009 Mile Challenge threads.

Hope you cross the finish line with us.:)

Will we still update our miles on Saturday? Would that be easier to do on a weekend as most of us are probably Monday thru Friday work schedules?

Would you prefer to see the miles achieved spreadsheet on the August thread or posted here on the September thread to encourage all current and newcomers?

Edited by Jenai

Will we still update our miles on Saturday? Would that be easier to do on a weekend as most of us are probably Monday thru Friday work schedules?

Would you prefer to see the miles achieved spreadsheet on the August thread or posted here on the September thread to encourage all current and newcomers?

Jenai we are so thankful that you are keeping up with the miles for us. Will it be too much trouble to post it to both threads? I think posting it to September's thread will have the most impact if you can't post to both.

Updating our miles on Saturday is a good idea.

BTW, how is your arm?

Jenai we are so thankful that you are keeping up with the miles for us. Will it be too much trouble to post it to both threads? I think posting it to September's thread will have the most impact if you can't post to both.

Updating our miles on Saturday is a good idea.

BTW, how is your arm?

No problem on posting to both threads.

My arm is doing great. It's 100% extending straight up over my head. I still need to work on range of motion extending out to my side and back. That range is still a bit limited.

Thanks for asking :)

I'm new to this how does this work? Do we do a goal for the week?

I am new to this I got banded on 8/17/09. i would like to join this it seems pretty cool.

thank you

kevin masciantonio

Welcome all newcomers. We are glad you have joined the challenge.

This is how it all works:

We set a goal for the month and we update the miles weekly to stay motivated. We get the miles in using treadmills, bikes, ellipticals or taking nature walks. Set any goal you choose and just work toward that goal. The members of this thread continue to exceed goals. We are not competing against one another. We are here to motivate and encourage each other to the finish line.

We check in every Saturday to log miles for the week and miles to go.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by 2911plans

Hi 2911 where do we log our miles?

Hi Rayne. We log our miles as a new post. Here is an example of how it looks.

Week 1

20 miles bike

40 miles to go

At the end of the month Jenai puts all of the results in a spreadsheet to determine our total miles as a whole. She then post it on the thread so we can Celebrate and congratulate each other for a job well done.

Go to the July 2009 Mile Challenge or the August 2009 Mile Challenge and read up on what we've done. I promise, you will be inspired.

Edited by 2911plans

Ok I'm all set now! Added my ticker and now I'm ready to work towards my goal. This will be a hard one but I will stay focused. Thank you for letting me join!

Ok mine will be week 1 20 miles bike

Update goal for month 50 on exercise bike

Ok I'm all set now! Added my ticker and now I'm ready to work towards my goal. This will be a hard one but I will stay focused. Thank you for letting me join!

Rayne, you are off to a great start!