Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Mile Challenge

Okay, Willow - you need to send me some of your energy in the morning...I've been feeling a little sluggish...need a good kick to get me started....Will be thinking about you in the morning....Great job going over your goal this week!

Deb

Well my husband and I are off for a drive down the Oregon coastline and then to my favorite river, the Rogue River. It is one of eight wild and protected rivers in the U.S. Only reachable by jet boat for the first 52 miles from the ocean and then by fishing boats and rafts the rest of the way up to Crater Lake. It is so beautiful there. It is my happy place. With school back in session, the river should be very quiet. Fall time on the river is so peaceful and relaxing.

I am bringing my workout gear and hope to get some dedicated walking and exercise in.

Talk to you on the weekend.

Jenai

Okay, Willow - you need to send me some of your energy in the morning...I've been feeling a little sluggish...need a good kick to get me started....Will be thinking about you in the morning....Great job going over your goal this week!

Deb

Deb, I don't know that I have any extra energy--being back at work is kicking my a**. I just keep remembering what the therapist at my psych-eval told me (she had had bypass herself): "You'll have to approach exercise like your job--you might not feel like it, but you still go, because you have to." I might not feel like exercising, but I do, because I have to. Thanks for the kuddos for going over my goal (the weekends give me a little more energy to push myself just a little more than I can muster on the work-day weekdays). I think of you and our other early birds, too. Glad you're here with all of us!

Does today mark the first day of the new week?

Yes it does.

9 miles completed this week,

18 miles completed this month,

57 miles to go.

:tongue2:

Well my husband and I are off for a drive down the Oregon coastline and then to my favorite river, the Rogue River. It is one of eight wild and protected rivers in the U.S. Only reachable by jet boat for the first 52 miles from the ocean and then by fishing boats and rafts the rest of the way up to Crater Lake. It is so beautiful there. It is my happy place. With school back in session, the river should be very quiet. Fall time on the river is so peaceful and relaxing.

I am bringing my workout gear and hope to get some dedicated walking and exercise in.

Talk to you on the weekend.

Jenai

I hope you had a wonderful time...just reading about it made me happy. I tried to imagine what you were experiencing. I love the river/lake - water/nature experience. It definitely is a relaxing place. We go to southern Missouri (Branson) area and play on Tablerock Lake - we're a boating family.

This week:

Walked 17.8 miles Total 25.8 Miles to goal 28.2

Bike 5.6 miles Total 11.6 Miles to goal 9.4

Okay, I was a little worried that I was getting a little lax on my exercise...I missed a couple days but then I picked up a couple of miles two of the other days...so I feel I'm in about the place I need to be.

I have to let you know that I'm out the door when it's dark now (not liking the daylight getting shorter). But this week I picked up a walking companion....(scared me at first put I'm enjoying it's company now, wait I'm getting ahead of myself.)

The other morning starting my walk in the dark down my .2 mile driveway out of the woods and onto the road jumped a red fox. He stands about 18 inches high, long skinny legs, and long tail. Well I talked in a calm voice and he just cocked his head several times looking at me...I slowly started backing away and he following me. I gently tried to shu him away and he jumped off the road and began walking right beside me off the road. I'd slow up -he'd slow up - I'd speed up = he'd speed up. Then he moved faster and jumped on the road in front of me....he'd run ahead of me, turn around and sit and watch me walk until I got quite close then he'd run farther ahead sit and watch me. He was really quite cute....The next day my husband asked if I saw him ...no ...He said I thought not because he was on our patio and playing in the flowers about 1/2 hour after I left. Last night coming home about dusk he was again on my patio...I sat down and he played around and several times got within about 2 feet of me....He's also curious about my husband but not really afraid of us....He plays around like a energetic puppy. We live in the woods and always have deer, wild turkey and hummingbirds around....an occassional night raccoon or skunk. But this is a new addition to our animals.

My kindergarters were learning the letter Ff and sound this last week so, of course, the Friendly Fox with red fur that runs fast, follows me, and lives in the forrest was a favorite story of theirs. Some thought I made it up so I am going to attempt to get a picture for them. Anyway it did spice up my walking this week...that's why I'm not exactly happy that before to long I may have to do exercises in gym or on bike at home. Oh well, maybe I'll find some interesting 2 legged people to occupy my mind at the gym.

Hope you enjoyed my fox tale! Deb

I hope you had a wonderful time...just reading about it made me happy. I tried to imagine what you were experiencing. I love the river/lake - water/nature experience. It definitely is a relaxing place. We go to southern Missouri (Branson) area and play on Tablerock Lake - we're a boating family.

This week:

Walked 17.8 miles Total 25.8 Miles to goal 28.2

Bike 5.6 miles Total 11.6 Miles to goal 9.4

Okay, I was a little worried that I was getting a little lax on my exercise...I missed a couple days but then I picked up a couple of miles two of the other days...so I feel I'm in about the place I need to be.

I have to let you know that I'm out the door when it's dark now (not liking the daylight getting shorter). But this week I picked up a walking companion....(scared me at first put I'm enjoying it's company now, wait I'm getting ahead of myself.)

The other morning starting my walk in the dark down my .2 mile driveway out of the woods and onto the road jumped a red fox. He stands about 18 inches high, long skinny legs, and long tail. Well I talked in a calm voice and he just cocked his head several times looking at me...I slowly started backing away and he following me. I gently tried to shu him away and he jumped off the road and began walking right beside me off the road. I'd slow up -he'd slow up - I'd speed up = he'd speed up. Then he moved faster and jumped on the road in front of me....he'd run ahead of me, turn around and sit and watch me walk until I got quite close then he'd run farther ahead sit and watch me. He was really quite cute....The next day my husband asked if I saw him ...no ...He said I thought not because he was on our patio and playing in the flowers about 1/2 hour after I left. Last night coming home about dusk he was again on my patio...I sat down and he played around and several times got within about 2 feet of me....He's also curious about my husband but not really afraid of us....He plays around like a energetic puppy. We live in the woods and always have deer, wild turkey and hummingbirds around....an occassional night raccoon or skunk. But this is a new addition to our animals.

My kindergarters were learning the letter Ff and sound this last week so, of course, the Friendly Fox with red fur that runs fast, follows me, and lives in the forrest was a favorite story of theirs. Some thought I made it up so I am going to attempt to get a picture for them. Anyway it did spice up my walking this week...that's why I'm not exactly happy that before to long I may have to do exercises in gym or on bike at home. Oh well, maybe I'll find some interesting 2 legged people to occupy my mind at the gym.

Hope you enjoyed my fox tale! Deb

Thanks for sharing the Fox story with us! I think I would have been frightened at first. Any concern over the fox becoming "tame" by the human interaction? I must admit I would love to see a fox in real life. Super cool.

The river trip was awesome. I love the river too. The first 20 miles of the jetboat trip there are roads on the left or right of the river. After that the next 32 miles there are no roads. There are 2 or 3 lodges where material was brought in by boats to build them. People on the river that are rafting or fishing will stop at the lodges at night for dinner and to sleep. My husband and I did that 2 years ago. We did a 50 mile fishing trip. It was 4 nights, 3 days, we fished for salmon and steelhead and the fishing guide manuevered the fishing boat over rapids up to a class five. We fished all day and slept in the lodges at night. That was a lot of fun. Saw a lot of eagles, osprey, deer. Didn't see any bear this year. Can't wait to go back next year. It's a 6 hour trip each way down there, but so worth it. I'm hoping to get my 2 sisters to come up to Oregon next summer and do a girls road trip. They would love it. One sister lives in Alabama and one lives in Louisiana. We also stopped at my favorite lighthouse. It is called Cape Blanco and is the second westernmost point in the contiguous United States. It is surrounded with high cliffs and beautiful ocean views. I like to fly my huge american flag kite way out over the ocean. I get it out 500 feet. It has this long American flag tail and looks awesome way out in the ocean over the Water. It was a great week. Sigh. Back to work tomorrow. :)

Jenai, Yes I am concerned over the interaction ... that is why I am resisting the urge to try and feed it or touch it.

Your description of your trip was awesome...I've never been farther west than Kansas...I do want to take a trip to the west coast even more now. Maybe one day! My husband wants to take me to San Francisco (he was there on business trips several times) But your area - is more of what I'd like to see... Maybe in a couple of years we will take a road trip over the summer and hit the whole coast and another goal the Grand Canyon.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Deb

week 2: 28.9 miles (4.1 miles below goal)

17 months post op. I fell off the wagon after losing 92lbs and plateaud 19lbs from goal for the last 7 months. I am ready to kick it back in gear. I am doing the c25k and I am on week 2 right now.

Jumping in late her but better late than never.

This week my miles for RUNNING are 6 Miles and biking 20.

Jury Duty nearly drove me insane. I did not get as many miles in last week, but will put it in high gear this week to make up the lost miles.

I went in for my 5th fill this morning. I now have 6.3ccs in my 10cc Lapband. I'm anxious to get to my sweet spot.

Deb you are a wonderful storyteller. I enjoyed reading about your furry walking companion.

Welcome Brandy!

20 miles combined since last week. last week was a very bad week for me but it's getting better. I hope to make 80 miles by the 30th :blushing: