Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Counseling/Therapy

I will have to see a counselor/therapist for as long as it takes for her to clear me. If it takes 10 visits then thats what it takes... That is not what frustrates me its now that I am getting the run around with the sleep test. I dont have sleep apnea but now I have to spend a night away from my family to get tested. But before I can get this test I have to have my PCP send a request, so I spend $40 to see him for a minute then spend another $40 to see the sleep consultant. I guess if it was easy it wouldnt be worth it...

my husband was tested for sleep apnea after I convinced him he stops breathing often during the night.... The clinic he went to gave him a little monitor to wear over night at home to pre screen him.... then when they found from that that he stopped breathing 47 times in one hour they took him into the "lab" and did a formal one. So if you dont' have it or suspect that you don't have it see if you can find a place with the help of your dr that does that. my husband went in at 8pm and was home at 4:30 am .... so your kids may not even miss you:thumbup:

Good luck.... hang in there.

I dont know that its an option to do the test at home. As far as I cam tell I have to go there at 9pm and I will be leaving there at 6:30 am. I have never slept away from my kids and I dont think I will have a problem but since I met the love of my life its really hard to think that I may have to sleep away from him.. But if only for one night to make sure I am healthy then I will do it. As far as faxing my PCP... well I tried and he still called me to come in to see him so that he can talk to me and then send the approval over to the clinic. Its good I guess. He has been my PCP for 5 years, he is hot anyway, I dont mind seeing him...My man went with me and met the man I have been dreaming about for 5 years... lol... he said he is not competition for a dr but he knows he is my best friend and I would never leave him... he says when I am thin he is gonna have a better trophy on his arm. So now I have to call the Sleep consult clinic make an appt. I have lost my initial weight the surgeon recommended, now all I have to do is finish my counseling... do my sleep test and I am on the way to keeping my surgery schedule of the first week in Oct...

I know that going in late with make a difference since they go to bed at 8:30pm and I will be gone at 9pm... I told them what I have to do and my man will be here and I am so thankful for that. I just want to make sure I can be here for my 10year to take her to school...

I cant believe how much support I am getting from this web site..

Thank you to everyone and dont stop.. I love it and I need it.

I am glad you are at peace with going to do the test. We just have to remember that the uncomfortable things we have to do are short term, like the liquid diet ;o) and they will make our lives better in the long run to be there for those we love and more able to really participate in life to the fullest. I am excited for my future. I know you are too.

Forgot to add.. Also had to write a couple of paragraphs on my expectations .

My Dr. requires a visit with a therapist .. It was a short one hour visit .. Just talking about life in general and what my expectations were after the surgery ..

I see the Dr. the 14th and hope to set date for surgery.

(BTW- I am a self pay patient)