Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! What am I doing wrong?

Help! I dont understand what im doing wrong. Am I failing my band or is my band failing me. I had my surgery July 13, 2009. Pre surgery Lost:thumbup: 15 lbs. Post surgery Ive:thumbup: lost 15 lbs. I dont get my first fill until September 18 because the the doctors office is so backed up.

Any how I was doing really great at first, wasnt hungry at all. Didnt really have an appetite. Following the diet was great as far as the liquids phase goes. Then as soon as I started to eat regular food. I lost one pound one week and the next week I :scared2: gained 4 pounds and havent been able to get it off. What am I doing wrong?

I Know I seem to be having a small issue with drinking while eating and getting enough fluids in but for the most part im doing ok. I dont go over 1,200 calories but some time have more than 80 grams of carbs in a day. Is that the problem? Im hungry before I should be after a meal. I dont want to fail my band but somethings definitely not going right.

Someone please help me and give me some advice. I'm really freaking out about this.:rolleyes::cursing::unsure::cursing::glare::cursing::tt2::c ursing:

You probably don't have any restriction right now. How much can you eat at a time? How long do you go in between meals? Are you making the right choices? Are you exercising?

The band is a great tool but as many have said before, until you get good restriction it takes a lot of hard work on your end. Hopefully with your fill it will start to help. Just try to focus, make sure you're doing your job, and get to exercising to really kick start things.

Good luck! You can do it

Well im not exercising as much as I could be since Ive started working. Im not really able to stick to a schedule do to work either as far as my eating goes. I try my hardes to limit my carbs to but its so hard with carbs being in a lot of the foods I have at home rite now. Im getting better with drinking my Water now and I can see a difference in my weight because the pounds I had picked up, have dropped off. So I guess I need to just plan my meals better and try the low carb diet or something. Thanks for the advice cuz i can take all support rite now.

It's not an easy journey we are on. I was banded the same day as you. Not trying to offend, but you need to let go of the excuses. I too kept saying I couldn't exercise because of work, but really I could. Would I be tired after working, would it be hard to find time to exercise? Of course, but the truth of the matter is that there IS time. Exercising will really kick start your metabolism and move things along, so just try your hardest to find time for it.

As far as carbs, if they are in a lot of the foods you have at home then you need to get rid of them. I'm not one of those no carbs at all people. I just go based of my doc's guidelines which is to keep it under 60gm/day. At first I thought this would be impossible considering I ate over 150gm a day typically, but once I started educating myself on simple carbs versus complex carbs, things that have carbs in them, etc it really wasn't too bad. Plus I don't focus on JUST carbs.

The meal planning thing I can definitely relate to that. I'm a nurse and I work 12 hour shifts, and there are days where I'm running around the whole time and lucky if I get a break. Is it possible for you to keep at least Snacks at work? This way you can get a good Protein snack in, like a hardboiled egg, and it should hold you off until you're able to get to lunch.

It's a rough ride, just try your hardest and make sure you're doing yourself justice and the band will start to do it's job. Plus once you get restriction you should start to lose, and once we start to lose I think we get more motivated to do right.

Good luck!

Edited by Unforgettable
typo

Unforgettable. Great post!!!! It wasn't to me, but I sure got a lot out of it - the things you said are so true!! That's what I love about this site - if you keep reading and asking, you can get great advice from the people who really know what it's all about. Thank you for taking the time to help out others. You are a wise woman. Take care and keep up the good work!! Becky

YOUR RIGHT THEY ARE JUST EXCUSES. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. IVE CERTAINLY CALMED DOWN NOW. NOT IN PANIC MODE ANYMORE AND I JUST NEED TO DO WHAT I KNOW IM SUPPOSE TO FOR THE BAND TO WORK. THANKS ALOT FOR GIVIN ME , ( WHAT I CALL TOUGH LOVE) I SURE DID NEED IT. :rolleyes:

No problem! Tough love is hard to give but is often times what's needed. I only know because I've been there myself.

P.S. 28 pounds lost already is awesome!