Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG!!!! I Finally feel like me...

It is now day 10 for me and the shoulder pain in minimal, gas pain is gone as long as I walk right after I drink, I finally burped like a big dog, and went #2 twice this week,

Oh it really doesn't take much.... I went fishing with my dad today and worked yesterday, Oh still no food but can finally drink more than 6 oz of Water at a time....

Oh it doesn't take much:thumbup::biggrin::unsure:

Hi there! :biggrin:

It is now day 10 for me and the shoulder pain in minimal, gas pain is gone as long as I walk right after I drink, I finally burped like a big dog, and went #2 twice this week,

Oh it really doesn't take much.... I went fishing with my dad today and worked yesterday, Oh still no food but can finally drink more than 6 oz of Water at a time....

Oh it doesn't take much:thumbup::unsure::wink:

Congrats on feeling like YOU again...sounds like you're on the way to being comfortable with your band, and working with it. You're right to take it easy on yourself - especially the first few weeks, you should be following doc's orders strictly. Your body is healing, and you need that time to heal.

I know right after my surgery, I was wanting things to move along faster - but disciplined myself to follow doc's orders and not worry about the weight loss in the first 4 weeks or so. After you've had your first post-op checkup and been scheduled for a fill, the real work (in my mind) begins.

I applaud you on making a quality decision to change your life and your health for the better...keep up the good work, and be sure to check in and let us know how you're doing! :smile2:

thats inspiration for me :biggrin:

Abbidon ! Congrats !!! it's day 6 for me and I'm dying for the day where it feels normal again ! Thnx for letting me know that I'll get there !!

Ebbony Rose: thanks for your kind words and inspiration. We could really use some more of your kind hearted wisdom as we take our baby steps !! THNX !!!!

I'm so glad you are feeling better. It shows me there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's a little scary when people post how bad they feel (I'm getting banded Monday). So thank you for posting that you are feeling better!

Thanks, I was feeling so blue the other day because I was in pain, I felt thirsty, and I was expecting my dad to come over to take my son fishing and how much I wanted to go but I didn't feel too hot.

then I woke up and only had shoulder pain once, I stayed awake and survived going fishing with little discomfort. I am use to major knee pain but no tylenol not tired at the end of the day it hit me I am back... So happy...

So yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel and this morning I still feel good, little shoulder pain here and there but much better than last week or even the begining of this week...:)

I'm so glad that you're back to feeling like yourself. I think the first week or so post-op is the scariest part about the whole surgery, because you wonder if you're ever going to feel normal again. Like Former said, it's all about taking baby steps. I applaud you on your #2's... I just had my first since surgery and I had to tell everyone (I'm sure they weren't as excited to hear about it as I was, though)...lol