Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

u guys all i have been thinking is what have i done to myself i was banned on 8/11 and things just haven't been right since then ihave been in pain and hunger since the pain is getting a lil better but the hunger will not go away does this get better can i look foward to the day where ican eat normal again without eatting like a bird

I am not banded yet but from everything I have read, what you are going thru is very normal and yes, it will get better. You are in pain. The drugs that have been given to you are making your emotions run amock and you are hungry. This is quite a volatile mix. Please try to rest and give yourself time to heal. For some assurances, go to the listing of success stories here and see what others have accomplished using the lapband. This is a small amount of the rest of your life and although it is not pleasant, it will pass. Rest! Drink your Water, try not to think about anything else but healing. I am sure that others who have gone thru this will chime in shortly with more advice but I wanted you to know that someone was hearing your plea and thinking about you. You have gone thru a big event but it will soon lead to great success!

Elgrad

The pain will get better. Make sure you walk, walk, walk. That's a good way to get rid of the gas pain. As for hunger make sure you constantly have a drink in your hand. I assume you are on a liquid diet right now. Make sure you have Protein Shakes, juice, tea, ice Water available at all times. I would have 3 drinks going at once during that phase!

u guys all i have been thinking is what have i done to myself i was banned on 8/11 and things just haven't been right since then ihave been in pain and hunger since the pain is getting a lil better but the hunger will not go away does this get better can i look foward to the day where ican eat normal again without eatting like a bird

ALL NORMAL!!!!

Every person I've talked to who had LBS (including me) asked and thought the exact same things you are now. OF COURSE it gets better!!

Take your pain meds, take it easy and heal, that's ALL you need to be doing right now!

You have entered what they call "Bandster hell"

I had a hard recovery after the surgery. I was to the point of calling my surgeon and asking him to take it out! But, I got through it, and you will to.

Follow your doctor's eating plan. Mine allowed me to enter into the food stages faster than most doctors. When you an eat oatmeal, I learned a little trick. Use a little more Water or milk than usual. Once it's cooked, stir on some Protein powder. It thickens it up and really sticks w/me longer.

Take care of you!

I just read in WLS for Dummies last night that what you are experiencing is very normal. I am near the end of the process hoping to get banded by the end of Oct so why I cant yet relate to the feeling I have heard this many times before. Be strong..Good luck. I look forward to reading your posts as time goes on and u feel better

Sorry you're feeling this way. :(

I was banded the day before you, but I can honestly say that the only time I thought, "What have I done..." was when they wheeled me into the OR. I was ready to back out at the last minute, but then the drugs knocked me out! I'm still feeling disbelief, but not in a bad way.

I am also still in pain, but I actually just got off of the treadmill...a 20 minute walk @ a very slow 2 mph. It definitely helps work out the gas, which is definitely responsible for most of our pain.

As far as the hunger, I bought unflavored Protein powder and add it to every single thing I drink. Luckily, I haven't felt hungry. However, last night I REALLY wanted food, but that was more mental than physical...so I went to bed, instead.

Try to look on the bright side, this is a temporary phase. We can't lie to ourselves, there's a lot of work ahead, but seriously think of all of the things we'll be able to do once healthy that we couldn't or wouldn't while overweight. Our overall health will improve, we're decreasing our risks for certain diseases, and hopefully we're extending our life spans! Our brains are also going to be free of negative weight related thoughts, which I would say consumed a good 70+% of my daily thinking. We will be able to buy cute clothes and walk comfortably and confidently on the beach without covering up, and we'll be able to cross our legs and wear skirts without our thighs chafing....I could go on forever.

To wrap up though, let me answer your question: YOU HAVE DONE A DAMN GOOD THING. BE PROUD. HANG IN THERE. WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!!!! :thumbup:

IT WILL GET BETTER!!!! I am only 2 1/2 weeks out from being banded and it is nothing now. The 1st 5 days was like OMG am I going to make it and mainly b/c of the gas pains and my ribs had inflammation on them so everytime I breathed it was like I couldn't and someone had knocked the breath out of me. I promise you as soon as you feel better you won't regret it. Just stay positive and know that it will be gone soon! Good Luck to you!

IT WILL GET BETTER!!!! I am only 2 1/2 weeks out from being banded and it is nothing now. The 1st 5 days was like OMG am I going to make it and mainly b/c of the gas pains and my ribs had inflammation on them so everytime I breathed it was like I couldn't and someone had knocked the breath out of me. I promise you as soon as you feel better you won't regret it. Just stay positive and know that it will be gone soon! Good Luck to you!

Thank u so much for yur reply to my post, I am so grateful for finding this site its really helping me, cause I did feel like I was all alone, with no one to understand what I am going through. Yur post really helps me to try and stay focus and positive. Thank u so much and please try to stay intouch.

I am not banded yet but from everything I have read, what you are going thru is very normal and yes, it will get better. You are in pain. The drugs that have been given to you are making your emotions run amock and you are hungry. This is quite a volatile mix. Please try to rest and give yourself time to heal. For some assurances, go to the listing of success stories here and see what others have accomplished using the lapband. This is a small amount of the rest of your life and although it is not pleasant, it will pass. Rest! Drink your Water, try not to think about anything else but healing. I am sure that others who have gone thru this will chime in shortly with more advice but I wanted you to know that someone was hearing your plea and thinking about you. You have gone thru a big event but it will soon lead to great success!

Elgrad

Thank u so much as I told sum1 else I'm truly happy I have founded this site u guys with yur replys are truly making me feel I wll be ok. Thank u

This might sound contradictory, but the moment my "pain" stopped was the moment I stopped taking my pain killer medication. It turned out that it was making me weak, to the point where I couldn't walk or sit up, and also gave me cold sweats as well as made me "moan" in my sleep. It was all very dramatic and as soon as I stopped taking it I was out of bed the same day and went to the movies. The pain in my stomach was just discomfort now and again, and it has gone away. I think I was more afraid of being in pain than anything else.Hope you get better. I thought the same thing, Why would you do this to yourself, when I was on those meds. Now that I am off, I am thinking, Why would I ever take those pain killers again? Hope you are well.

Sorry you're feeling this way. :(

I was banded the day before you, but I can honestly say that the only time I thought, "What have I done..." was when they wheeled me into the OR. I was ready to back out at the last minute, but then the drugs knocked me out! I'm still feeling disbelief, but not in a bad way.

I am also still in pain, but I actually just got off of the treadmill...a 20 minute walk @ a very slow 2 mph. It definitely helps work out the gas, which is definitely responsible for most of our pain.

As far as the hunger, I bought unflavored Protein powder and add it to every single thing I drink. Luckily, I haven't felt hungry. However, last night I REALLY wanted food, but that was more mental than physical...so I went to bed, instead.

Try to look on the bright side, this is a temporary phase. We can't lie to ourselves, there's a lot of work ahead, but seriously think of all of the things we'll be able to do once healthy that we couldn't or wouldn't while overweight. Our overall health will improve, we're decreasing our risks for certain diseases, and hopefully we're extending our life spans! Our brains are also going to be free of negative weight related thoughts, which I would say consumed a good 70+% of my daily thinking. We will be able to buy cute clothes and walk comfortably and confidently on the beach without covering up, and we'll be able to cross our legs and wear skirts without our thighs chafing....I could go on forever.

To wrap up though, let me answer your question: YOU HAVE DONE A DAMN GOOD THING. BE PROUD. HANG IN THERE. WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!!!! :thumbup:

Wow, u said a lot to really change my way of thinking I'm going to try to stay focused and try to not think abt food so much atlease just what I can have. But u r so right I can't for the day I can put on clothes smile and like what I see from head down and not thinking neg ne more. To go to a store and try on clothes without getting depressed and upset I can hardly wait. It's just what I'm going through right now seems so hard but I know I'll make it. Thanks so much for yur reply it really gave me sumthing to think abt. Please keep intouch. And let me know what u are doing as well

I think we have all experienced this in the beginning....I was banded June 4th 2009 and the first few days I too kept thinking "What did I do??!!" I was on this site every waking moment of my day and this is what pulled me through. I found tips, support, suggestions and a knowing that I wasn't alone. Today I'm just over two months banded and have had one fill, have lost 28 lbs and I am now thinking "This is gonna work for me! I'm glad I did it!!"

So in closing I just want to say, hang in there. You've rec'd alot of good advice and its all true....this time to shall pass and soon enough you will be on the road that you expected to result from the band. Just keep coming back....this site is full of awesome support!!

Right now, take care of yourself!

P.S. I need to update my ticker....it off by 6.5 lbs......Hee Hee!

Edited by TenaciousTrace

That is so good I know it must feel nice to look back on this and now see it is a good thing dispite its hard beginning, congrats on the lbs lost as I know more will come, and yes u r right this site does help a lot. Thank u so much for yur support. keep me posted on yur journey.

To every1 here that replied to my post thank u all so very much, I can try to have a more positive look on this. U guys have given me some hope and encourgement God knows I needed it cause honestly I was thinking I have done sumthing I'm abt to regret big time and that I had gotten myself into a world of trouble but now I know this is just part of the process I'm a big fan of the quote anything worth having is worth working for. I believe I can get through this alone with the support of u guys that have been through it already and the ones that r going through it. I only hope that down the line when its my turn to a help that next person I'm as encourging as u guys were to give that next person what they need to know they will make it, I'm typing on my phone I really tried to go back and thank u guys 1 by 1 I don't I was able to reply to every1 if I didn't I'm sorry this phone site isn't the same as the pc version but thank to all of u cause u helped me a lot today I was truley missable ealier today. Thank u.