Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

:( Anyone out there have a October 2009 surgery date? Mine is scheduled for October 27 and I can't wait! I am having a bit of 'reality' anxiety I think.. now that the date is actually set - but I know this is the best decision for me.

Good Luck to all of us who are taking this important step in improving our health and starting a 'new life'

Would love to hear from other Oct 2009 bandsters... :thumbup:

Hi! I am planning for October too! Not sure of the date..but since I am self pay, there is no issue. Only traveling for work issues! I want to give myself at least 2 weeks after the surgery. So it may be the 27th too!

I am thrilled to start this process. Did you go to the nutritional meeting yet? I go the 8/31....then to my primary for physical, EKG and Lab about 25 days before the surgery....

Good Luck!

Hey Shar Pei,

The hospital I am going to actually requires that you complete their 6 month pre-surgical program. I am in month 5 and and am finished on Sept 9.

I have had my nutritional visit, my psych visit and the surgeon visit. All of my pre-op testing (labs, x-rays, etc) will be done about 2 weeks prior to surgery date. All that is left is to finish my program and submit to insurance for approval (keeping my fingers crossed).

Good Luck to you!

I'm October 19th. I could have been earlier but it's field season and I work outside. Now that I'm stuck waiting I am kicking myself for putting it off, even if there was a really good reason for it. I just want to get it over and done with now that I'm comitted. Plus, all this extra time give you extra time to pack on more weight before the surgery. Luckily the heat makes me sick as a dog and I'm good for about 10lbs every summer of heat sickness weight loss, but it hasn't been that hot this year and I didn't get my first bout of heat tummy until this past weekend.

Oni..I feel the same way...I could kick myself for not just doing it now...but I have some personal travel that I want to enjoy...I am thinking of not worrying about the business end of it and trying to get it done beginning of October...I will know more after my nutric consult.

I am so hooked on this site...I read the information everyday and look at those amazing before and afters...I just can't wait! I am so ready.

I am scheduled for Oct 1, i am so nervous, not about the surgery but i am nervous not to loose the weight, i have 17lbs to loose so hopefully everything will fine.

Got my date! October 13th at 7:30 AM Doing it out patient.

Just ot my date today - Oct 1st. They told me I didn't need to lose any weight beforehand - just not to gain any. I think I can manage that/ Now I'm off to GNC to get some Protein drinks to try and see which I like the best - my doc does 4 weeks of a Protein liquid diet (which seems like a long time compared to some people on here, doesn't it?)

Best of luck to everyone!

Marci

My date is October 8! I feel the same way! I just cannot wait! I am so ready for this change in my life. And yes 4 weeks of liquid diet sounds pretty harsh. Mine is 2 weeks. And I have heard that the Vitamin Shoppe is a good place to get Protein Powder. Take care! We will be facing our journey together : )

October 13th for me. I am so anxious and can hardly wait. I really get jacked up reading all the success stories can't wait to post my own. Look forward to seeing everyones progress. Good Luck!

October 13th for me. I am so anxious and can hardly wait. I really get jacked up reading all the success stories can't wait to post my own. Look forward to seeing everyones progress. Good Luck!

Dear Guy,

I totally understand! I almost get depressed waiting. Then I remember, it's okay, that is going to be you soon! We will all be experiencing it at the same time! I too am so excited to be posting pictures of my progress. And holding my head high : )

I am so happy for everyone on here. It's amazing!

:thumbdown:

I have a tentative date for October 14th, I can't wait. I have been working at this process for 5 months. For my doctor, you have to lose 10% of your weight, be evaluated and treated for sleep apnea, see nutritionist, dietition, therapist, and surgeon. I am just waiting for confirmation of all pre-op appointments. Good luck to everyone!!

October 9 -- I am so excited about it - I can't wait to start posting my success on my little ticker....

My journey started in July with the seminar, psych eval. Then surgical consult in Aug -- primary insurance approval Aug 18 - secondary insurance approval today!!!!

Good Luck everyone -- Bright Blessings!!!

I am so happy for everyone! I can't wait till we all have our little tickers----just going down, down, down! Yay for us october bandsters! So excited to be heading down this road with you all : )