Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one Banded 8/4/09 or 1st week of August

We can follow each other get ideas from each other. Since we are banded together we can be the August Bansters.

Hi,

I was banded on the 4th also, I would love to have band buddies that way we can support each other.

~Carol

Also banded on 08/04. 36 hours post op and it's getting better by the hour. Hang in there. What's your diet plan for the day?:wink2:

I was banded yesterday 8/6/09 and I am feeling a world's better than I did right after surgery. I would love to have a few band buddies to see how the progress is going with other people.

Hello, I was banded on 8-4-09. I had very little pain after surgery, but I now have this welding since of reflux or something in my throat. any of you having that prob? everything else is doing well.

Hello,

I was banded 8/1/09 in Mexico. Great experience except I could not eat the food! lol I am still sore on my left side where the port is but it gets better everyday. I have not been hungry so I am not complaining. Just getting a bit excited about slowly getting my life back. I am gonna begin walking 3x a day tomorrow. My throat is still sore from the tube down my throat during surgery but that's about it.

ALSO, I forgot the most important thing! We are trying to get a bunch of people who are up for a trip later next year. We are waging $10 per 1lb lost and we are thinking either a cruise or somewhere with surf/sand/waves/music to Celebrate. Anyone interested in this endeavor with no strings attached please email me!

Thanks,

Susan

Edited by scodwyer
additional info

I was banded on the 4th in also in Portsmouoth, NH and there were no complications, no pain, no nausea. If I didn't have the scars I think nothing happened to me !

I'm allowed 3 shakes a day with 1/2 cup soft food once per day (i.e. an egg or cottage cheese). Lots of Water Water and more water.

Hiya hiya ~ I was banded yesterday the 6th. I feel pretty good. Before I went in for the surgery I asked the nurse about these terrible gas pains that everyone writes about and she said that only 1 out of 10 of their patients ever have this problem. Thankfully I seem to be falling into the majority. Every once in a while I have a little tightness in my tummy from gas but that's about it. I am pretty sore today...isn't that bad but it does hurt when I get off the couch or out of bed. My throat is also sore from the breathing tube. That's about it...not a big deal at all.

I haven't really been able to eat that much because I feel full very quickly -- I had a 1/4 of a pudding cup and 1/2 of a Jello cup. I'm going to try to eat some Soup later with some Protein powder so I don't start to feel icky from lack of nutrition.

Congratulations everyone!

I was also banded in 8-4-09....feeling good 3days out...had the dry heaves the first day home but now i'm doing full liquiids now and better....im just having a hard time getting the Water in...ne one have any suggestions???

Good replies Hi Ebony I was looking for an email to see how everything went. I'm glad everyone is doing ok. We are going to need each other. I started my blog its: myra-smith.blogspot.com I'm going to write my progress there and post photos here and there. Come along. Today I had Rotisserie chicken broth, and 2 cups of itallian ice. My Doctor said I can have a gasX chewable. I don't get hungry at all. I eat because I know I have to.

I was banded yesterday the 6th!! Still pretty sore but no nausea and no gas pain. The nurse said I've got it easy if only the port pain is there :tt1: I'm also able to take full drinks of liquid, i guess i didn't swell very much. I personally am a belly sleeper so it will be different for awhile on my back :(...We did it

Go august bandster :scared2:

Hi everyone i was banded 8-5-09. I experienced nausea and vomiting while i was in the hospital but i feel much better. Im going to try to do some walking on monday.

My fiancee was banded on 8/03/09 ... looking to chat with people who are experiencing the same thing as he is and maybe get support. He is not very happy these days as he misses real food. :scared2:

ToomuchRN.

Doesn't that sound fun to save up and go August bandsters go on a trip to Celebrate?!

I think it gives extra motivation!

I was also banded on 8-4 in Carmel, Indiana. Yesterday was a rough day for me physically. I had extreme gas pains and was miserable. I have been walking at least 3 times a day since I came home from the hospital on Wednesday. (Although I did have to walk every 2 hours in the hospital following surgery) Today has been the toughest for me emotionally. Feeling somewhat depressed. Hope that passes quickly. Oh, and I am hungry ALL THE TIME!