Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Phyl is face booking !!!! 6 hours ago 1st post and one right now that's she's bored !!!

Janet, Phyl is amazing!! I can't believe they will have her up and walking today. So, will Phyl now set off metal detectors? Janet I hope you had a restful evening and got a good night sleep? Maybe you need to go pamper yourself? Spa day?

First real day back at school. Got my room rearranged. Today and tomorrow are PIR so I will spend them trapped in meetings.

Kind of lost it for a moment last night as we were packing up DD#5 for the dorms. The baby is moving out. Of course she already has tons of plans for the day. NONE of which require my permission as she informed me (with a grin and a hug), she is on her own now. Many moments that I swore she would NEVER survive to go to college. Most of which were a result of the "Wrath of Mother" for her attitude or behavior. She has always been the "Wait till you have children of your own" child.

Feel a bit strange having to get up early and groom up. I have gotten up early most of the summer, but it is the groom thing. Usually have spent the summer drinking coffee for an hour and then getting started. Not brushing my teeth until noon, hey who needs clean teeth to walk the dogs?

Candice, has the itch finally slowed down?

Steph, good luck on your breast cancer activities this weekend. DD#4 has found a nursing home that will provide the CNA training while you work. So she submitted an application. She would much rather work with children, but this will throw her into the deep end. I am sending out to the Secret a request for direction in her life...nursing career AND a good man. Yeah I tagged the man part in at the last minute. It would be a real positive for her self-esteem. She did find out yesterday that the university had allowed her to register for a 7 credit "Intro to Nursing" that she was not allowed to take. So now that she has bought all the supplied (about $400 and read one of the books, she has been kicked out. She spent most of the day scrambling to redo her schedule. Now that she has spent all her funding, she will have to rebuy for 2 different classes. but she took it in stride (without a melt down) and called the head of the nursing department to get class selections AND found a place to get her CNA training. For her it was pretty darn responsible. She is already struggling in her math class (even though classes don't start until Monday). Unfortunately it is an online class, so I guess I'll be doing some math this semester after all.

Well, i need to get busy, have to leave in a half hour and haven't groomed or had bf. You all have an outstanding day. Phyl, no racing up and down the hall, a hop, skip & jump will do it for now.

Janet, Phyl is amazing!! I can't believe they will have her up and walking today. So, will Phyl now set off metal detectors? Janet I hope you had a restful evening and got a good night sleep? Maybe you need to go pamper yourself? Spa day?

First real day back at school. Got my room rearranged. Today and tomorrow are PIR so I will spend them trapped in meetings.

Kind of lost it for a moment last night as we were packing up DD#5 for the dorms. The baby is moving out. Of course she already has tons of plans for the day. NONE of which require my permission as she informed me (with a grin and a hug), she is on her own now. Many moments that I swore she would NEVER survive to go to college. Most of which were a result of the "Wrath of Mother" for her attitude or behavior. She has always been the "Wait till you have children of your own" child.

Feel a bit strange having to get up early and groom up. I have gotten up early most of the summer, but it is the groom thing. Usually have spent the summer drinking coffee for an hour and then getting started. Not brushing my teeth until noon, hey who needs clean teeth to walk the dogs?

Candice, has the itch finally slowed down?

Steph, good luck on your breast cancer activities this weekend. DD#4 has found a nursing home that will provide the CNA training while you work. So she submitted an application. She would much rather work with children, but this will throw her into the deep end. I am sending out to the Secret a request for direction in her life...nursing career AND a good man. Yeah I tagged the man part in at the last minute. It would be a real positive for her self-esteem. She did find out yesterday that the university had allowed her to register for a 7 credit "Intro to Nursing" that she was not allowed to take. So now that she has bought all the supplied (about $400 and read one of the books, she has been kicked out. She spent most of the day scrambling to redo her schedule. Now that she has spent all her funding, she will have to rebuy for 2 different classes. but she took it in stride (without a melt down) and called the head of the nursing department to get class selections AND found a place to get her CNA training. For her it was pretty darn responsible. She is already struggling in her math class (even though classes don't start until Monday). Unfortunately it is an online class, so I guess I'll be doing some math this semester after all.

Well, i need to get busy, have to leave in a half hour and haven't groomed or had bf. You all have an outstanding day. Phyl, no racing up and down the hall, a hop, skip & jump will do it for now.

Karla

Have a good day today !!! This is why I get up at 5 to sit and have coffee & cig for about 45 mins before I have to jump in the shower and be out the door at 7...

I went to bed like 8ish last night - woke up a few times but always went right back to sleep..

Today is a new day... Happy 1st day at school ...

Hugs on you DD going off to college - that's great - they are going to college - you have been a great parent!!! I wish my kids (DS & GS) had college mentally (well gs may go once he gets his license back but it will be community college or training school)

I have never had a spa day - always to fat to go get a massage...

I just got an invite to go to gs's mom's bridal shower Sat - nothing like the last minute - but that's kid's for you - even though she's 35 - she still a kid to me - like my own daughter...

Yep Phyl is going to be the energizer bunny once she heals from her surgery !!! I don't know if us youngins are going to be able to keep up with her...

Well, gotta jump in the shower..

Oh gang - have to tell you this before I go - I got a pm from the nicest girl - she's new to the boards and she read one of my whining post about my bad days - she said the nicest things - I thought it was so sweet - So that give you hope (don't know if that's the right word) that there are really nice pple in this world. (not that you all aren't - I told her that I have a whole new family with you all)..

Hugs Janet

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,201/60/15/133

That's my food for yesterday, on TLC... Now my only cheat was wine yesterday... Still not eating any carbs..

I had a headache yesterday, but I think that is SUGAR withdrawl..

I still have the Kreeping Krud.. calledmy Dr.'s office this a.m. to see if I can get in to let her have a 'look' at it... gross but necessary!!!

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,201/60/15/133

That's my food for yesterday, on TLC... Now my only cheat was wine yesterday... Still not eating any carbs..

I had a headache yesterday, but I think that is SUGAR withdrawl..

I still have the Kreeping Krud.. calledmy Dr.'s office this a.m. to see if I can get in to let her have a 'look' at it... gross but necessary!!!

Good on Calories - Ya could be the sugar withdrawls - glad you are going to the doctor...

Janet, what happened today at work? Did the Boss come and appologise for being "out of line?"

Sometimes the work place stress can be as troubling as any other...Did your car repairs turn out o.k.?

Short work day today - Yeah!!!

food so far, Banana/Strawberry Prot. shake with Flax Meal

coffee with milk

Janet; I am growing out my hair , it'll be a similar style to yours.... Imitation is the highest form of flattery!!

tonight for supper.... Cola chicken (diet of course) its an old WW recipe and it smells wonderful cooking!

Doctors appt tomorrow aft after work is done.... I can hardly wait! ( scratch,scratch)

:thumbdown:

Edited by peaches9
more stuff

Omgosh.

DH and I just had a fight....

He has BOOKINGS for playing GIGS 3 weekends in Sept.

I wanted to go do some more camping, say perhaps LABOR Day weekend...

He says, "we didnt' go camping before we had the RV - why would I want to go camping NOW????"

"I was thinking we'd use it to travel back and forth from the SOUTH"...

"then in the next breath, says he dosn't want to go to Florida this year for a month"...

O.k. so am I freeking nuts???? What the FREEK did we buy the damn thing for? Guess I'll just have to go by myself that's all.... Carla, you said he's a keeper??? well I'd like to "keep' him alrignt... under the floorboards of the VAN :thumbdown:

Hey Candice

Where and when do you go to Florida? We go down for a month too. Maybe it would be at the same time.

Hey Candice

Where and when do you go to Florida? We go down for a month too. Maybe it would be at the same time.

Hi Kari; thats just it... we havn't been down to Florida for a month in the winter yet... DH just retired in JUNE..

So now he says, "I want to spend my first winter off work here (in Canada) and see what its like, before we go taking off to the States.."

Dah, what the Freek does he think the winter up here is gonna be like? Any different than the last 9 YEARS up here at the beach!!!!???#!#!W$#$@$ It's gonna be LONG, COLD and boring!!!!

I think I am married to Jekly and Hyde :unsure:

Still miserable (down there) going to the Doc tomorrow... A massage therapist at work suggested I try an Epsom Salts Bath to take down the itch... so I came home from work and got in the tub..

But ya know what, I also have HIVES on my chest today... do you think I might be allergic to my Bipolar meds? Its the ONLY pills I take with the exception of Vitamins/Calcium chews. I've only been on this MED since Dec '08... Think I'll go and look that up.

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg876/92/21/89

food for today... I had 2 chicken drum sticks for supper, but 1 1/2 hrs later I was hungry... so I dug out an old box of OAT BRAN Cereal, I cooked it up and had SF Syrup on it.. it lowers cholesteral apparently... thats what the dietician said yesterday...:thumbdown:

Hey--remember me? As I was reading through the last couple day's posts, I laughed and cried. You guys are so honest and awesome! I love you all so much!!!

I took a quick trip to DD's to be with her while she had some surgery to remove some skin cancer--very rare in a 22 year old. Good thing I insisted on going in with her b/c they were going to do surgery on the wrong site. I got the doctor to take another look at his notes and he agreed with me and they ended up doing surgery on the opposite side than she signed the permit for! OMG! There's a law suit in the making. . .

Oh, you guys! Candice--Look, Peter will come this far "south." Please, please come ASAP. I don't know about growing your hair. I really like it the way you have it now, but I know all about the need to try something new. So are you going to take him up on quitting our job? I would in a heart beat if DH would support me!

Janet and Carla--I do understand about being all on your own. Why do you think I keep DH around? Life's still better with him that without him, but sometimes I wonder. . . I admire you so much--you have no idea. But I don't get any support from DH--really. He is in his own world, and while it's nice that he takes care of the car and shovles the snow, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it when he complains about bills or money I spend. The grass really isn't any greener on this side of the fence. BTW, is it Carla or Karla? I'm sorry, but I missed that. And if your daughter needs any help with nursing--I'm the person! Math--no problem. I can help!

Steph, You've got me curious: What's the story about Michael and how you got help? Sounds like a "God" thing?

Kari--hey kiddo--time to check in with all your "moms."

Phly--saw your pic on facebook--looking good. Again, I'm so happy that your surgery went well. What a gift you have been given!

oops, phone! It's my mom

Hey--remember me? As I was reading through the last couple day's posts, I laughed and cried. You guys are so honest and awesome! I love you all so much!!!

I took a quick trip to DD's to be with her while she had some surgery to remove some skin cancer--very rare in a 22 year old. Good thing I insisted on going in with her b/c they were going to do surgery on the wrong site. I got the doctor to take another look at his notes and he agreed with me and they ended up doing surgery on the opposite side than she signed the permit for! OMG! There's a law suit in the making. . .

Oh, you guys! Candice--Look, Peter will come this far "south." Please, please come ASAP. I don't know about growing your hair. I really like it the way you have it now, but I know all about the need to try something new. So are you going to take him up on quitting our job? I would in a heart beat if DH would support me!

Janet and Carla--I do understand about being all on your own. Why do you think I keep DH around? Life's still better with him that without him, but sometimes I wonder. . . I admire you so much--you have no idea. But I don't get any support from DH--really. He is in his own world, and while it's nice that he takes care of the car and shovles the snow, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it when he complains about bills or money I spend. The grass really isn't any greener on this side of the fence. BTW, is it Carla or Karla? I'm sorry, but I missed that. And if your daughter needs any help with nursing--I'm the person! Math--no problem. I can help!

Steph, You've got me curious: What's the story about Michael and how you got help? Sounds like a "God" thing?

Phly--saw your pic on facebook--looking good. Again, I'm so happy that your surgery went well. What a gift you have been given!

oops, phone! It's my mom

Hey LInda; How are YOU! So glad you checked in - we've missed you too. I'd love to come to Wisconsin, but alas it probably won't be until Spring.... today, DH knew I was still pissed with him, so he gives me a hug and says " how about a nice trip across Canada to the west coast?".... now where is my tape recorder???? Cause if I don't get it in writing or recorded digitally the bugger will change his mind - again!

Sorry guys, I've done nothing but whine and complain for the last several days.

On a positive note: I've stuck to my guns and recorded ALL food eaten, and stuck to it...

I am anxiously waiting to scale=up in the morning... hopefully ... good news there.:thumbdown:

Oh Linda...you are my hero!! DD#4 Elyse just showed me some math stuff and had a question, and quite frankly I don't have what it takes to go back and figure it out. She is trying to take an online class (long story), but the prof is starting in the middle of the book, and who in the heck remembers how to do equations with subsets. You know.. with all those symbols and crap... She really could use some support IF you don't mind. I am hoping that she will find her niche in nursing, she has such a patient (sp) compassionate spirit. I just hope she makes it through the classes. She got an A in medical terminology but a C in Anatomy/Physiology and now has to take it over because she has to have a B. Memorizing is easy for her, but she has difficulty with abstract concepts. Anyway, I best stop talking about it.

Linda, when I found that I was doing everything by myself (ex: door falls off the refrigerator, husband says "What do you expect me to do about it") is when I said...the sex isn't good enough to stick around just for that. So I said adieu.

Candice keep us updated....and since we are into TMI, I must say that I came home from work and had an incredible BM. You know one of those that just kind of 'lightens' you.

Well, one complaint today...in meetings all day, figure okay, I'll get stuff done tomorrow...but oh hell no..I find out that a 'select few' must participate in an all day long training on assessment testing. Yep, I get to be one of the 'select few'. I shouldn't complain, but...everyone else gets to work in the classrooms all day, and I don't. The Principal (okay, 2 complaints) came in and said that I would be taking a leading role (me a leader in anything, I don't like conflict) in our school-wide behavior program...and CAT team...and Tech committee...and valley wide science curriculum revision...and teach a new subject...and have 27 - 30 students in science labs at one time in a classroom that barely has room for 24.. (okay more than 2 complaints),

Janet, I didn't realize how much time it took me to just pack my food for the day. Tomorrow I guess I'll get up a 4:30.

Phyl you will be in my prayers!!

Thanks, Karla, and to all of your for your thoughts and prayers. Everything has gone very well

buying shoes

sex

bubble bath

quilting

Great list! I LOVE it!

Good thoughts to Phyl. I'm sure she's going to do GREAT. And she has such a great DH. He'll be so doting. Maybe more than she wants him to, but she won't need for anything I'm sure.

I have a million things to do for the rally/dinner today. I'd better get busy. Talk to you all later. Hopefully tonight.

Yeah, Earl is great! But since we've been here, he's constantly rearranging the furniture or trying to do something to help. He went home for a few hours after lunch. I'd just been up to the BR and they forgot to put my foot squeezers back on. So he refused to let me call a nurse or aide to put them back on.. he wanted to do it himself. So by the time he got to the elevator they'd already fallen off!

He's a cutie!

Now something that I SHOULD be doing and not is taking a Omega 3 supplement.... does anyone take those supplements? ??? Cause the one she showed me was a HUGE Capsule... don't know if I could swallow that sucker... What does everyone else use????

Now I am on day #3 of the protien thing.... but tonight I am having WINE with my meat... I have a GF coming to visit for ONE night... so that'll be my only "JUNK" food :thumbdown:

Can''t remember what those things are called that I take. They come in little individual packets and I squeeze on on to a 60 calorie pudding. I found them at RiteAid once, and costco had them once. I was surprised... they gave me a shot of B-1 today.

Omgosh. DH and I just had a fight.... He has BOOKINGS for playing GIGS 3 weekends in Sept. I wanted to go do some more camping, say perhaps LABOR Day weekend... He says, "we didnt' go camping before we had the RV - why would I want to go camping NOW????" "I was thinking we'd use it to travel back and forth from the SOUTH"... "then in the next breath, says he dosn't want to go to Florida this year for a month"...

O.k. so am I freeking nuts???? What the FREEK did we buy the damn thing for? Guess I'll just have to go by myself that's all.... Carla, you said he's a keeper??? well I'd like to "keep' him alrignt... under the floorboards of the VAN :unsure:

Sorry about your RV frustrations! Can you find a friend to go with you...

if you can drive that thing, that's what I'd do!

Day started out GREAT. Of course, I still had the pain pump then. They also gave me long-lasting pain capsules. Then PT came in and had me walk to the doorway and then back to bed, and then to the BR with the OT gal later. So by then, I had to have a Vicodin. Then I had to get up and pee again... drinking lots of Water. So about 1/2 hour later I was in excruciating pain. I begged for another pill so they gave me a percocet. That was at least 1/2 hr ago and I'm still in a lot of pain. But, I've walked twice to the BR and twice to the door of my room. Hope I can sleep tonight. And Earl has a cold.... so now I have a sore throat and I hope I'm not getting his cold. I've had visitors all day long so no time for a nap. First Earl, then he left, ministry team from our church came after that. They brought me a plant from the church. They didn't stay long, but a while later two of my Primetimers friends came by. One of them crocheted me a shawl type thing that I am currently using as a blanket. It's soft and beautiful cream color and lavender. And before they left Tracy came. She brought me a latte. She just about left and Earl was back again. He'd gone home for a couple of hours. So I'm tired and in pain. I'm waiting for my dinner now.. EArl went downstairs to find something to eat in the cafeteria. I ordered chicken marsala and whipped sweet potatoes and peas and raspberrry sherbet. WE'll see if I can eat all that! Probably not.

I think I want to stay until Friday. I can't bend my knee until tomorrow. I just want to get in all the PT/OT that I can. They took away the drain in my incision, took away the IV, and removed the catheter. So all I have left is the foot squeezers and the bionic ice bag! That gets to go home with me, though because we bought it from the dr's office.

Later, gals. Earl is insisting he take my laptop back home because someone will steal it during the night when I'm sleeping! He's ridiculous. Oh, well... I'll still have my Blackberry. It lets me read your posts but the LBT site won't let me do anything.

Hugs to all of you... I appreciate all your support, loving thoughts and prayers!

Thanks !! I LOVE you

Edited by phyllser

Hey LInda; How are YOU! So glad you checked in - we've missed you too. I'd love to come to Wisconsin, but alas it probably won't be until Spring.... today, DH knew I was still pissed with him, so he gives me a hug and says " how about a nice trip across Canada to the west coast?".... now where is my tape recorder???? Cause if I don't get it in writing or recorded digitally the bugger will change his mind - again!

On a positive note: I've stuck to my guns and recorded ALL food eaten, and stuck to it...

I am anxiously waiting to scale=up in the morning... hopefully ... good news there.:thumbdown:

Have I mentioned that I live 15 miles from the Canadian border? Less than 2 hours from Regina. If you are going through to the coast....don't you DARE not get close enough for me to get up there.

Janet, what happened today at work? Did the Boss come and appologise for being "out of line?"

Sometimes the work place stress can be as troubling as any other...Did your car repairs turn out o.k.?

Short work day today - Yeah!!!

food so far, Banana/Strawberry Prot. shake with Flax Meal

coffee with milk

Janet; I am growing out my hair , it'll be a similar style to yours.... Imitation is the highest form of flattery!!

tonight for supper.... Cola chicken (diet of course) its an old WW recipe and it smells wonderful cooking!

Doctors appt tomorrow aft after work is done.... I can hardly wait! ( scratch,scratch)

:blushing:

Hi Kari; thats just it... we havn't been down to Florida for a month in the winter yet... DH just retired in JUNE..

So now he says, "I want to spend my first winter off work here (in Canada) and see what its like, before we go taking off to the States.."

Dah, what the Freek does he think the winter up here is gonna be like? Any different than the last 9 YEARS up here at the beach!!!!???#!#!W$#$@$ It's gonna be LONG, COLD and boring!!!!

I think I am married to Jekly and Hyde :sneaky:

Still miserable (down there) going to the Doc tomorrow... A massage therapist at work suggested I try an Epsom Salts Bath to take down the itch... so I came home from work and got in the tub..

But ya know what, I also have HIVES on my chest today... do you think I might be allergic to my Bipolar meds? Its the ONLY pills I take with the exception of Vitamins/Calcium chews. I've only been on this MED since Dec '08... Think I'll go and look that up.

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg876/92/21/89

Food for today... I had 2 chicken drum sticks for supper, but 1 1/2 hrs later I was hungry... so I dug out an old box of OAT BRAN CEREAL, I cooked it up and had SF Syrup on it.. it lowers cholesteral apparently... thats what the dietician said yesterday...:thumbup:

I am anxiously waiting to scale=up in the morning... hopefully ... good news there.:w00t:

Awe Candice too sweet - I am going to let my back grow out a bit - more bobish for the winter - will be beveled but not as short.in the back..

You are doing great on your food... !!!!

Yes this afternoon Paul (that's his name) was in my files looking for something and I asked him who in case it was on my desk - then he put his hands on my shoulders - I was sitting at my desk and said sorry for yelling at you the other day - I said that you - you hurt my feelings - I wasn't complaining - he said that he was just stressed... I told him I am tired of him always thinking I am the bad guy when I am not... For Paul to touch is a biggie - I have worked with him for 30 yrs and and can count on one hand how many times we have hugged.. Now the other 3 guys - we all hug and with Van we kiss - not make out get your minds out of the gutter but brother sister kiss.. I think Paul had his self worked up as to how I was going to reach to this new account cuz the guy is a butthead - but I didn't react they way he thought so he went on the defensive... We are like husband & wife (office kind) - it just that sometime I would like a little credit for the good things I do - Ya I have a big mouth and I talk back and talk shit - but he is very unorignaized and having to redo stuff 3 times is very frustrating.. - So ya we have kissed and made up :0)

Car is fine - it's in the my garage where it should be my gf candy came and took me to get it after work - and told me that her and her DH are always available when I need help - not to feel so alone or be afraid to ask for help - that's one thing I am not good at in my personal life.. I hate being needy..

Oh sweethearr you haven't been complaining I have - that's all I have done for the last week :0)...

West Coast - How far west - Desert is BEAUTIFUL in the winter - just ask Phyl - she loves it here and I do have 1 spare bed room..

Hey Candice

Kari - Won't that be great - but we would all be jealous !!!

I may be going to FL in Feb to meet with my mentor thread ladies - they are trying to put something together - they are talking orlando - I told them you figure it out and I'll try and be their..

oops, phone! It's my mom

Linda - I know - like I said I love my single life 99.9% of the time - but when it comes to car things I just don't do good - and then at work they always talk about pple who are out for this or that - well hell last week I was out 2 hrs with battery issues - had just gotten back from Canada.. But I agree - the grass isn't always greener on the other side - it just depends on how bad the one side is :0)

Oh Linda...you are my hero!! DD#4 Elyse just showed me some math stuff and had a question, and quite frankly I don't have what it takes to go back and figure it out. She is trying to take an online class (long story), but the prof is starting in the middle of the book, and who in the heck remembers how to do equations with subsets. You know.. with all those symbols and crap... She really could use some support IF you don't mind. I am hoping that she will find her niche in nursing, she has such a patient (sp) compassionate spirit. I just hope she makes it through the classes. She got an A in medical terminology but a C in Anatomy/Physiology and now has to take it over because she has to have a B. Memorizing is easy for her, but she has difficulty with abstract concepts. Anyway, I best stop talking about it.

Linda, when I found that I was doing everything by myself (ex: door falls off the refrigerator, husband says "What do you expect me to do about it") is when I said...the sex isn't good enough to stick around just for that. So I said adieu.

Candice keep us updated....and since we are into TMI, I must say that I came home from work and had an incredible BM. You know one of those that just kind of 'lightens' you.

Well, one complaint today...in meetings all day, figure okay, I'll get stuff done tomorrow...but oh hell no..I find out that a 'select few' must participate in an all day long training on assessment testing. Yep, I get to be one of the 'select few'. I shouldn't complain, but...everyone else gets to work in the classrooms all day, and I don't. The Principal (okay, 2 complaints) came in and said that I would be taking a leading role (me a leader in anything, I don't like conflict) in our school-wide behavior program...and CAT team...and Tech committee...and valley wide science curriculum revision...and teach a new subject...and have 27 - 30 students in science labs at one time in a classroom that barely has room for 24.. (okay more than 2 complaints),

Janet, I didn't realize how much time it took me to just pack my food for the day. Tomorrow I guess I'll get up a 4:30.

What in the heck did you back for work.. Yogurt/cereal for bf - a piece of meat & veggies for lunch - and maybe some fruit or string cheese for a snack.. Since I have a refigerator at work when I make a one pot wonder (haven't in ages now) I would cook on Sunday and take lunch for a week at one time do the same with they yogurt and fruit - I would take most of my food in on monday - then didn't have to worry about it on a daily basis - but lately it's been salads that I have been eating - make them in the morning and take them - but always have pt bars in my desk.. It take some planing and time to get use to it - but keep on doing it - it's better for you than cafetreia foods..

Congrats on being a LEADER... That's a great honor ...

Oh ya - the main reason I wanted to post tonite was that I tasted that coconut curry sauce I was talking about - I thought maybe I would try it on my fish tonite - opened it - I don't like it - it's too sweet for me - I think you might like it but I'm not one for sweet meats - well I do like teraky chicken and sweet/sour pork - but no cranberry sause on my turkey or mint jelly with my lamb...

Thanks, Karla, and to all of your for your thoughts and prayers. Everything has gone very well

Great list! I LOVE it!

Yeah, Earl is great! But since we've been here, he's constantly rearranging the furniture or trying to do something to help. He went home for a few hours after lunch. I'd just been up to the BR and they forgot to put my foot squeezers back on. So he refused to let me call a nurse or aide to put them back on.. he wanted to do it himself. So by the time he got to the elevator they'd already fallen off!

He's a cutie!

Can''t remember what those things are called that I take. They come in little individual packets and I squeeze on on to a 60 calorie pudding. I found them at RiteAid once, and costco had them once. I was surprised... they gave me a shot of B-1 today.

Sorry about your RV frustrations! Can you find a friend to go with you...

if you can drive that thing, that's what I'd do!

Day started out GREAT. Of course, I still had the pain pump then. They also gave me long-lasting pain capsules. Then PT came in and had me walk to the doorway and then back to bed, and then to the BR with the OT gal later. So by then, I had to have a Vicodin. Then I had to get up and pee again... drinking lots of Water. So about 1/2 hour later I was in excruciating pain. I begged for another pill so they gave me a percocet. That was at least 1/2 hr ago and I'm still in a lot of pain. But, I've walked twice to the BR and twice to the door of my room. Hope I can sleep tonight. And Earl has a cold.... so now I have a sore throat and I hope I'm not getting his cold. I've had visitors all day long so no time for a nap. First Earl, then he left, ministry team from our church came after that. They brought me a plant from the church. They didn't stay long, but a while later two of my Primetimers friends came by. One of them crocheted me a shawl type thing that I am currently using as a blanket. It's soft and beautiful cream color and lavender. And before they left Tracy came. She brought me a latte. She just about left and Earl was back again. He'd gone home for a couple of hours. So I'm tired and in pain. I'm waiting for my dinner now.. EArl went downstairs to find something to eat in the cafeteria. I ordered chicken marsala and whipped sweet potatoes and peas and raspberrry sherbet. WE'll see if I can eat all that! Probably not.

I think I want to stay until Friday. I can't bend my knee until tomorrow. I just want to get in all the PT/OT that I can. They took away the drain in my incision, took away the IV, and removed the catheter. So all I have left is the foot squeezers and the bionic ice bag! That gets to go home with me, though because we bought it from the dr's office.

Later, gals. Earl is insisting he take my laptop back home because someone will steal it during the night when I'm sleeping! He's ridiculous. Oh, well... I'll still have my Blackberry. It lets me read your posts but the LBT site won't let me do anything.

Hugs to all of you... I appreciate all your support, loving thoughts and prayers!

Thanks !! I LOVE you

Phyl - Hugs - hope they give you something stronger or at least a shot - those shots usually do the trick - heck pills take too long - Hugs Sorry you are in pain - this is one reason I haven't called - I know when pple are in the hospital they get tons of visitors and don't get any rest.. I saw that you had posted on FB so I knew you were ok.. xoxo J

Have I mentioned that I live 15 miles from the Canadian border? Less than 2 hours from Regina. If you are going through to the coast....don't you DARE not get close enough for me to get up there.

Steph - How things with Michael - how are you holding

up...

Well gang today was a better day - hopefully my stint of bad luck is past..

Well I'm going to go chill and wait for my fish to cook then eat

TTYL - Hugs & Love to all of you !!!

Denise - Hope the kids haven't driven you crazy yet and Mom's ok...

Janet, I had to pack Breakfast & lunch & snack & Water & coffee. Okay BF is frozen blueberries, yogurt, Kashi, & a smidgen of dried cranberries. I don't like my blueberries totally thawed or my Kashi mushi, so have to pack it individually. Snack was a piece of fruit. I have to pack water because our school has had some issues with water quality...as in e-coli...remember we are on a well, not city water. I don't like water so I have to pack the SF fakey chrystal light. After all that I get to school and forgot the blueberries and snack and out of yogurt, had to go to the store. Tomorrow will be easier because all my breakfast stuff is now at school.

I did get quite a few complements today about my weight-loss. Several people said they thought I was a new teacher. That was nice.

Didn't get my walk in until tonight. Let me just say, 3 miles isn't that much fun when you don't have a puppy along. The lousey thing was that a couple was out walking their dog, think rottweiler mix, and stopped to say hi as their dog is ALWAYS barking at ours when we walk. So I stopped to let the dog come up to me and the darn thing jumped up and nipped me in the face. Now I have a scratch across my cheek and it is all puffed up. The owners just laughed.

Janet, it is okay to lean on someone. But I SO know what you are talking about. My pride and stubborness gets in the way. Glad your car is fixed.

Phyl, glad you are up and moving what a wonderful thing. Hopefully they get the pain under control.

Candice, tell you what, if you ever decide to travel during the summer in the ole' RV, I'll help with the driving. You and I could travel the country checking out quilting shops and sit and quilt in the evening. I could bring my featherweight, it doesn't take up much space. I also do a lot of hand piecing and quilting. We could have a blast. To heck with the DH.

Should head to bed, TTFN