Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Wow... I don't even have to think about this one. I am a negative loser so count me in!

I had my surgery back in April, and ive lost 33 lbs. Its sooo depressing, especially because a gal who had her surgery 2 weeks before me has lost 103.5!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr looking for a buddy or 10!! lol

Ok...guys...so I couldn't wait to get home to watch it...

but I didn't get a chance to until saturday.

ok...I saw it...

that is crazy!!!!!!!!!

1 more definite reason for me not to think of bypass.....

they bypassed the reason why they turned to eating and it transferred over to abusing alcohol....

that is nuts....

but made sense.......

Skeleton's in the closet must come out first......hmmmm

being honest with myself is why I know the band is better for me...

loosing the weight isn't the hardest journey ....is once im there keeping it off is most terrifying...because i know my emotional eating and my selfless thinking of...1 day wont' hurt..or I already screwed up might as well start tomw again..and enjoy today...and so on...

it was a great show!

It's too bad they did not highlight the good points. They stated up to 30% have these transfer addiction problems. The medical community is not quite so willing to conceed 30% but do agree the problem is there. Lets say the 30% is correct. How about the other sucessful 70%.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a TV show that told the full truth instead of promoting their needed agenda to aquire ratings?

I had my surgery back in April, and ive lost 33 lbs. Its sooo depressing, especially because a gal who had her surgery 2 weeks before me has lost 103.5!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr looking for a buddy or 10!! lol

Girl, you and I are in the same boat. But, I tend to be a bit "Pollyanna" about things....you still have LOST.

I agree, it would be nice for life to move along a bit more quickly than it does, but to me, pounds down, is still pounds down. I look great, feel great and am still losing. It took me 20+ yrs to put it all on...I don't expect to remain healthy and it come off overnight.

CHIN UP!:(

Annette

Hi, I was banded Sept. 26, 2007, and I have managed to lose 2 lbs in the first month. Had a fill, lost 2 more lbs in the second month. So, I guess I am a qualified slow loser! I am jst grateful to lose, even slowly. It was funny, the technician who has done my fills, was all intense. He says "Next time I see you, you should have lost at least 10lbs", I just smiled and nodded. No sense trying to tell him I am ok with losing 2-3 lbs in month. He wouldn't get it. And the first time I told him, he didn't absorb or comment. Well, just saying Hi, I visit all over the forum, but my jaw just drops when I hear of these people losing 30 lbs in a month. So, this is a good place for me to be. Slow but sure works for me.:biggrin1:

OMG, I am so grateful to stumble on to this thread! I was banded 8/07 and have been feeling like a failure ever since. I kept gaining weight until my first fill 11/07. It is now December and I have only lost 4 lbs. I have been so embarrassed that I purposely do not put a ticker up. I purposely did not tell family and friends I had the surgery because I can't face them if this doesn't work for me. My boyfriend and hair dresser are the only people that know. I've posted only a few times because I did not want to answer the question of how much I've lost since banding. I was leavin that up to the ones who have lost quickly and seem like the "success" stories. I made the mistake of reading the threads of those that were at their goal weights hoping for inspiration. All I found was a lot of bashing of those that haven't been perfect, embraced thier lifestyles, and asked too many questions. It was soo discouraging to read them mock those that have been struggling. I've been trying to come to this board more often to get my mind off of "head hunger" but the more I was reading the more depressed I was becoming. I am grateful to you guys. The words here have been encouraging, humourous, and understanding of all. I guess I found a thread that I can finally relate to and feel like I fit in. I was soo excited to be banded and know that it will change my life. And it will...in due time. :faint:

"Don't quit 5 minutes before your miracle"

nubeginnings welcome! I know it sounds redundant but hang in there! I am sure it will get better. Everyone loses at different rates....the point is you chose to do something about your weight and that is a huge step!

I love your signature phrase by the way!

I will throw this in again....I feel for the slow losers. I was banded in December 2006, and did not lose 1 lb untill May '07. I was getting fills, but not enough restriction. Finally I hit my sweet spot at about 8cc. I started at 166lbs, (I am only 5 feet tall), when banded in December. NO weight loss for 5 whole months. I am now 118.5, with 8.5 to go for goal. Once you hit that sweet spot, you will know. The restriction can be a pain, but you incorporate it into your life, and no longer have the ability to inhale a big mac like I did when I was depressed. A lady at the Band center where I was banded had lost over 200 lbs, and she told me when I said I was pissed at not losing weight, just be patient and keep getting fills till you hit your sweet spot. She was so right...:straight

Hi all. I'm thinking I'm going to be a slow loser as well. I was banded 9/19/07 and have barely lost 13 lbs. I checked the Sept 07 weight loss post and looks like I'm way behind. I did lose 30 lbs presurgery, so I hope I still fit in here! I have only had one fill and found out today that I can't get in until 1-15 so I'm really looking for some support. Thanks for reading:help:.

Yes, getting the right fill makes all the difference in the world.

Unfortunately, even a tight fill will let ice cream through. That's my big downfall. I can only be good for so long until I freak out and have to have chocolate of some sort. I wish chocolate would get stuck. I had pizza once and spent two hours throwing up.

It makes me not want to ever try pizza again.

I would be happy if chocolate did that.

nubeginnings welcome! I know it sounds redundant but hang in there! I am sure it will get better. Everyone loses at different rates....the point is you chose to do something about your weight and that is a huge step!

I love your signature phrase by the way!

Badonkadonkbutt, I love that name!!!! LOL Thank you soo much for the words of encouragement. I admit I wish I were posting in the Fast Losers forum...but thats just not in the cards for me at this time. I will learn to Celebrate each little victory (and not with sweets and chinese food) You and everyone else here are fabulous in my eyes :clap2:

I will throw this in again....I feel for the slow losers. I was banded in December 2006, and did not lose 1 lb untill May '07. I was getting fills, but not enough restriction. Finally I hit my sweet spot at about 8cc. I started at 166lbs, (I am only 5 feet tall), when banded in December. NO weight loss for 5 whole months. I am now 118.5, with 8.5 to go for goal. Once you hit that sweet spot, you will know. The restriction can be a pain, but you incorporate it into your life, and no longer have the ability to inhale a big mac like I did when I was depressed. A lady at the Band center where I was banded had lost over 200 lbs, and she told me when I said I was pissed at not losing weight, just be patient and keep getting fills till you hit your sweet spot. She was so right...:straight

Ok, you're my hero too! You give me hope that I didnt waste thousands of dollars on a gimmick. I drive 5 hours one way for each fill. I don't care if I have to make that trip every other week...I'm going to keep getting fills until I get it right. How excited you must be to be so close to goal weight. I know you are proud, and you earned it. Congrats

uh..bodonkadonkbutt (spelling) suggested that i join this thread because i have posted elsewhere about my frustrations. i apologize if i am being repetitive, but i did not have time to read all 91 pages (wow..you guys are great).

so, i was banded 10-18. my real name is tabatha. i live in arkansas...and i now currently weight 225 and my starting weight was 222. so, if my calculations are correct, my average weight loss is +0.375 per week. (on average, rounding to 8 weeks). can't wait until that loss is really a loss.

at this point, i would love to be a slow loser, but right now i am a slow gainer..lol.

little background. i had my first fill 3 weeks ago..i got 6.5 cc's. i'm not sure what size my band is b/c my doctor's office says i have a 10cc apl band, and that isn't possible, and i cannot get them to clarify. i missed my 2nd fill because i was sick with a bowel obstruction.

i have a sweet tooth, and i'm working on that. there has been improvement. i was not drinking with meals at all at first, and then i would take a sip, and now i'm back down to nothing.

i'm not exercising. and i'm not food journaling. i have absolutely no restriction though, i can eat 4 pieces of pizza easy and then be ready for more in 2 hours. i don't like to journal when i'm hungry all the time..at first it was fun because i wasn't starving so i could concentrate.

so, i'm not losing for all the same reasons that i wasn't before i got the band. then i got the band, and i'm still now losing. my doctor tells me to be patient, and i am. i have posted some things though, but it just seems to me that unless you are a slow loser or are not losing at all then it is difficult to understand how i must feel.

oh..uh..i did lose 12 lbs. post op, but gained back and then some.

as for nsv's..well..i had one when i had lost and that was that i didn't have edema. now..however...i do not have any nsv's from gaining.

i look forward to being in your group..as much as i hope to one day break out of your group. if i don't, now i know where i can find support.

thanks

tabatha

(i'm 5'2", 25, from arkansas)