Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

I just joined ww and my first weigh in is tonight. I cannot wait this week was the first time in three years since surgery that I am glad I got the Lapband. My question is did you let them know at ww that you have the Lapband?

I have been attending meetings since June and no...I didn't/haven't told them that I have been banded. I have learned first hand how other people view the band and I just didn't want to deal with that. Yes, I do lose more each week (typically at least a pound) than the other members but that's ok...I continue to attend because of the life style changes it gives. I also really like being part of a weight loss group that I get to talk with face to face.

Good luck to you!!!

I just joined ww and my first weigh in is tonight. I cannot wait this week was the first time in three years since surgery that I am glad I got the Lapband. My question is did you let them know at ww that you have the Lapband?

No I did not tell them and I do not plan to. WW frowns upon weight loss surgery, which I can see why- that is not the product they are selling. I want accountabilty and support from WW- I do keep up with the points, but I mainly watch my Protein intake and carbs. Kind of useless to keep up with points cause I always eat less than my alotted points everyday anyway. I alos dont want to be looked at in a negative way by the other members whee I lose more than them, as if I cheated, took the easy way out, or have an advantage over them. Everyone with a band knows there are always going to be haters, and I choose not to tell the world about my band for that very reason. It's easy to say "I wont let them get to me," but truth is, it does hurt and this is why only my immediate family knows about the band and no one else.

Thank you! I think I will keep it to myself about the Lapband. I really need the support of the instructor, and group, and do not want to be looked at like I took the easy way out. Which is far from the truth, the Lapband is only a tool, and if not used properly it does not work. I should be at my goal weight by now after so many years, but now after one week of support from others struggling with their weight like me it seems like finally I am going to achieve my weight loss goal!!! Thanks Again for all the repllies.

I also did not tell them at Weight Watchers. Too many people think this is the easy way out but as we all know (us bandsters) we still have to eat the right things to lose weight. I did not go into this thinking the band alone would make me lose weight. I knew it was just another tool to my eating right also. I don't want the negative comments or looks from other people either so I choose not to say a word to any of them about it. I don't feel as if it is being deceptive because we are doing the very same thing the other Weight Watchers members are doing. We are trying to eat healthier and follow a better eating plan. Unfortunately my dear mother has told a few people in our church, and it has spread like wildfire so I have had to clear it up with some of them that I am also following Weight Watchers. It's not the band that is making me lose weight alone.

I still struggle with eating the right things at times which is why I will always follow Weight Watchers as I have years before the band. It's just a lifestyle now so I know it is what works for me.

I wish you well on your weight Watchers journey. It is a very good plan to follow as it really pushes you towards a healthier eating lifestyle, but also allows you to have those not so good for you things you really want as long as you have them in moderation.

For me going to the weight Watchers meeting is a good accountability tool. I need to know I have to weigh in weekly because it helps me mostly. There are times I just know I am not eating all the right things during the week So I don't weigh in expecting to lose that week. But it usually gets me back on track when I don't have a good week or two.

So I just cant believe that I only have 16 pounds left to loose before my bmi is "NORMAL" I go with mayo clinic's definition's of normal! I gave up WW a while ago because I needed to save some cash but have been keeping up with the lifestyle. WW and my band is a great mix and I am so happy tonight! I just needed to share. I love my band, it has been the thing that has finally helped me help myself! Yahooo me!

I never told anyone at WW about my band, never have told anyone except hubbie, parents, in laws and now one friend who is about to get bypass. I tried to talk her into the band but it didnt work so I will support her choice, anyway shes my only "friend" who knows. I have kept my band private for almost 3 years now, best choice I EVER made. Privacy and my band!

Hi everyone, I use the on line tools and it has really kept me focused. I find that the WW/Lean Cuisine meals are just the right size. I usually ad a vegetable. The Protein count is pretty good. I struggled with getting enough before. I do not attend meeting as I don't find them that helpful. I have about 140 more pounds to loose so i appreciate any help and support i get. Good look to all of you.

I'm hoping to get this board going again. I just started coming back to this forum, needing it badly.

I have just had my first fill in over 4 years and I am so glad I did. I have lost 7 lbs. in less than a week. I didn't realize how much over eating I was doing.

I have been going to WW meetings for about 3 years, did really good for the first 5 months loosing 30 lbs., have been up and down ever since, but not giving up. I had gained about 8lbs since Sept. When I went back to work, lots of stress. In Nov. I started thinking, why did I spend so much money on my band if I am not going to use it? I finally called and set up a fill date for Dec. 19th, told myself I was not going to wait until after the Holidays, needed to get back on program now. So glad I did!

I have started journaling (today) again, had only journaled off and on for a long time. I know journaling is a very large part to successful weight loss.

Wish me luck everyone!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays or Happy Hanukkah everyone,

Shelley

I am 1 year postop my band and am so glad I found this thread. I was doing well until hurting my knee and needing to have surgery. I have found myself going back to old eating habits and putting some of my lost weight back on. (15 pounds). I have just gotten a fill on my band, have been cleared to start exercising again as tolerated, and am planning on joining Weight Watchers after the new year for the support (I won't be telling them I have the band though). My Dr. and their support meetings are over an hour away and are only monthly. Finding I could use a weekly meeting to keep me on track. Good luck to all with the new year beginning!!

Was wondering does it matter if you were sleeved can it work for me?