Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, Jachut, are you out there?

I have been barfing my liquids today and have not had a fill recently. I am sure my band is swollen. I just took the liquid ibuprofen (how much was I supposed to take?), how will I know when it works? How long before I try liquids again? What temperature should the liquids be when I try them?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mimi

Hey Mimi, have you called your doctor? What's going on?

I don't know what you're going through, but for me, I can always drink hot/warm liquids, but sometimes I can't drink cold.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Mimi...Suzanne is right; you might want to call your surgeon. I haven't seen Jachut on lately..but that doesn't mean she hasn't been around.

I am assuming she gave you some kind of "insider tip" and you have questions?

I know you shouldn't take ibuprofen on an empty stomach, whether it's liquid or not. And if you are so tight that you are vomiting liquids and take it, it can just sit above your pouch and do you some harm. Give your doc a buzz, ok?

I know Jachut is VERY sharp and knowledgable; has lots of good tips. But you maybe shouldn't take the time to wait for an answer from her this time...

You know yourself best of course.

Hi, Suzanne. I don't know what aggravated my band, but I don't want to go for an unfill and that is what the doc's office will say. Jachut has had luck taking down swelling with Ibuprofen so I thought I would give it a try before calling in the rescue team, LOL. If I get one more unfill my doctor said he won't fill me any more.

Mimi

Until you got too tight, are you getting in your 64 oz of Water daily, do you mind me asking? (again I don't mean to hijack your thread to Jacqui; just want to help if I can)

RM, you have good advice as usual, and I can still burp some Slim fast so I am hoping my stomach isn't completely empty. I am really caught between what I know I should do and the long term impact if I do get an unfill. Thanks for caring, I won't let the vomiting go on too long.

Mimi

Mimi, I'd give the warm liquids a try. Sip sip sip and if you get it soothed a bit, keep yourself on liquids for a couple of days, then try mushies for a couple days before going back to regular food.

I've read where RM has told folks that a dry band gets tighter so it's super important to hydrate if you can.

Were you OK before today?

BTW, Jachut lives in Australia I think, so I don't know what time of day she's online.

Ok if it goes on through the "stoma" then while it isn't GOOD to take on an empty stomach, to be honest once probably won't do you any harm whatsoever.

And I ask about the Water because I've just recently learned dehydrated person = tight band. That explains a LOT of schizo band activity. If you don't get 64 oz a day, you run a risk of the band tightening up on you.

I don't know if that might be your issue or not....but just in case I'm throwing it out there.

Off to cell phone store w/husband but hope you feel better quickly!

Suzanne and RM. I drink more than 64 oz a day so I am well hydrated, I ate some tough stringy meat last night and I think that irritated my band. I will keep trying with the warm liquids. Unfortunately the more I barf the tighter my band gets. Thanks for your good wishes.

Suzanne, I bet you are right, Jachut is probably sleeping!!! LOL, or out running!!

Mimi

Did you PB the meat back up? If its still stuck, you could try some papaya enzyme.

No, it went down, it just stayed a long time. Most of 1 cup of my morning coffee went through before I realized I was having an issue. It has been down hill ever since, I am crying I so don't want an unfill!!!! If I am not better by morning I will go, though. Right now I am not dehydrated much, I don't think.

Mimi

Have you tried any warm liquid this afternoon?

What kind of a doctor says he won't fill you again if you need an untill anyway? Since Oct, I've had a fill, three unfills and another fill and mine hasn't said a word.

My DEAR Doctor says we are just wasting time because we keep ending back at the same place we started. I hate him and had to beg for this last fill. I just tried some hot/warm tea a few minutes ago and it came back with the ibuprofen. Blast it all!!!!!

Mimi

hi mimi,

maybe just let your stomach relax for a few hours. whenever i've had an issue...i usually get so nervous and want to get it "fixed" that i aggravate it more. i try to force it to take in liquids, etc.

then it swells more

when i do nothing for a period of time, it will usually come back in place.

it's weird...i havent had a bad episode for over 2 years...except this past friday night. i think i ate too fast or too big a piece of steak/lobster. i got worried and started trying to drink Water, eat ice cream, etc and made it worse. i couldnt get anything down.

luckily it was time to go to bed (which i sat up on pillows to sleep half the night) and it gave me 8 hrs to let my stomach relax. i was better the next day.

maybe this can help?

hope you feel better....

and maybe look for a new doctor who will work with you then work in "absolutes".

josie

Thanks, Josie. I will take your advice. I was sitting here stewing and meditating on what else to try.....the answer just might be "NOTHING!!!!!!" I am so dad blamed hungry, though, it is making my anxiety worse!!!! I wish it was bedtime!!!!!!!! I hope I wake up and it is all better like yours. Thanks, again.

Mimi