Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't ate anything since 8 this morning yesturday I had some sorbet a litle bit of beef broth some Water my pain last night sucked, felt like I was going to puke after I took a pain med then the nurse gave me some med for vomitting. Under my insisions it hurts and ubove where my chest is also hurts. I haven't went #2 since Thursday night. The bigger incision hurts the most when I move or get up, I hope the gas will pass really soon, I'd say my pain is a 5. When will the pain go away, when did it go for you? And since today is just day one, will it be ok to take a stool softener?

well I had gas pains for the day of surgery and the day after pretty bad. Right now I have this awful pain under my right breast when I breath in but I don't know if it is gas or not. I have been to the bathroom several times but it is very watery and doesn't seem to help. Walk, walk, walk is all I can say. That and a heating pad has helped me out a lot. I haven't taken hardly any pain medicine just liquid tylenol b/c I just don't like taking it but the pain hasn't been that bad. The day after surgery I got down to small bowls of broth and some Water and that was it. Then once I was able to drink my Protein Drinks I have felt a lot better. I haven't been that hungry besides the first 2 days. Good Luck to you and I hope your pain eases up soon!

I feel so much better today, sometimes it feels weird when I breath deep but it feels good it's weird tho, my left side not near any insicion it hurts but i think that's part of the back pain, I slept with a heating pad it kinda helped, walking does help,,, I hope the pain goes away too, it kinds hurts more in the lower abdomen like when you need to go #2, I'm going totry some broth today maybe it'll help with the bathroom part thanks (:

Your not alone. I pretty much have the same pains you have. I was banded on the 31st and walking seems to help. When Im resting i have been putting a pillow on my stomach and using my arms to put a small amount of pressure. It seems to help. I dont have an appetite either. I drank 1/2 an Atkins today an was full. Just keep pushing Water that will help your #2 issues also. Hang in there, its going to get better...at least thats what we have been reading on here...lol.

In our pre-op class, she said the #2 thing happens a lot. She said to buy a bottle of milk of magnesia to have on hand for that. That will help "loosen up the works" so to speak. I hope things get better for you. :thumbdown:

Erin,

All depending on what you are eating is why you haven't had to go. I am sure some of it is still in there of #2 but don't expect much. You will hurt for awhile and the gas pains are from anesthesia. Your pain will last awhile with your port area. Be careful with the pain meds as it will cause Constipation.< /p>

Josephine

Hope you are feeling better today. I was banded on June 9 and the worst of my pain was on day three post op. My gas pains started in the upper part of my back then went to the front collar bone to collar one. That lasted for about 2 days then slowly subsided. WALK, WALK, WALK!! And take deep breaths. I know that hurst also but it helps the gas pain pass quicker. At least it did for me. Now to #2. I did not go for almost a week. But I was not in pain from it. I chalked it up to no solid for for a total of 6 days. I will also say that since my banding I my bowls do not move like they did prior to surgery. But again I am not having any problems due to that. Once you start eating some solid food again you will probably start to move again. Good luck!