Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I had the band on the 27th, I know not too long ago. Tonight was the first time I have felt deprived. I am bored with what I can eat. Mind you I can have my shakes, blenderized bean Soups, popsicles, and yogurt. So I know part of the reason I am feeling deprived is because my family is eatting pizza. So I need something to look forward to. When can I eat pizza again??? Oh and the other thing I finding it very hard to keep my liquids seperate from my Soup which is basically a liquid. Since I have no restriction yet I can eat basically everything without stopping. I of course am not but it feels like I can. And I am eatting the recommended calories. I need to know when I can eat foods only because I am looking forward to them not because I want to pig out. This part of the banding makes me think I made the wrong choice...but I know I didn't but the deprivation could kill me!!!

Oh and when can I eat regular sandwiches from Subway, etc???

I was banded on the 27th also and up until today i wasn't hungry at all. today was when the hunger really really kicked in. I am trying to get all of my Protein shakes/liquids in but i get full so quickly. i dont think i could even pig out if i wanted. i feel like i'm going to burst after i consume a couple of ounces of Water. I am bored with my food choices as well but i am determined to do this the right way. stay strong.

This is a time for healing. I think it would have been HORRID for me during that phase if my husband ate around me. God bless him while I was on liquids all he had around me was liquids. When I ate mushies HE ate mushies. If I'd had to cook or even just SMELL his food I'd have gone postal and I'd be in prison now.

So I feel for you.

But hang in there. Follow your post op diet as given by your surgeon. Think of it as a post op prescription you have to do.

I can tell you that at 11 months out I could eat a subway (or at least as much as I wanted of one) IF I liked them. I have had chick fil A, I've had pizza, I've had fried chicken. It is a process, it isn't a speed race and you have to get your head set that it will take as long as it takes. So many of us are in such a rush to get to the next thing...that doesn't fly with the band.

So ignore your family AND their darn pizza. Hang in there. Don't think of what you're having now as food if that helps, think of it as medicine to make you heal. and do what your doc says so that like me you'll heal well and be able to eat pretty much anything, on down the road, as you want it.

Being deprived is such a bad thing.

And look at all the deprivation you will have to face in the future:

It'll be AWFUL.....

You'll be deprived of being able to shop ONLY in "Large" clothing sections.

You'll be deprived of feeling like you just want to lay around because you're just too tired from carrying all the extra weight around.

You'll be deprived of all the nasty "fat" remarks people make behind your back.

You'll be deprived of feeling squashed in an Airline seat or roller coaster car.

You'll be deprived of the feeling of self-loathing you have every time you look in the mirror or walk by a store window and see your reflection.

You'll be deprived of the opportunity of enjoying things like Diabetes and High Blood pressure, or maybe a stroke.

You'll be deprived of the feeling of disgust and discomfort you feel everytime you put on your always-too-tight clothes.

You'll be deprived of the embarrasment you feel when you see someone you haven't seen for a few years, someone who hasn't seen you THIS heavy.

You'll be deprived of watching your ring finger turn blue because your finger is getting fatter and you refuse to have your ring re-sized.

You'll be deprived of having your kids be embarrassed to have their friends come over after school, because they are ashamed of you, their fat parent.

You'll be deprived of avoiding High School Reunions year after year after year.

You'll be deprived of accepting your best friend's request that you be his best man at his wedding, because you're ashamed of how you look.

You'll be deprived of being able to avoid having sex with your mate, because you're ashamed of your body and you have no stamina.

See? Just LOOK at ALL the things you're going to miss out on by losing the Weight.

It's awful

Isn't it?

:)

HH

Thank you both! Although I am kind of jealous of Pixi since she feels restricted. But I still follow the amount of food I need to and I full just jealous of foods better than what I am having now! I am so happy to hear all the things you can eat all of those things are things I love and won't mind doing them in moderation one day. It gives me something to look forward to since so many people said a lot of those things I would never be able to eat again!! So that makes me feel so much better!

HH

Thanks for the different/better perspective! That is the prospective I need to work toward and away from the one I have now. I'll work on it. It'll take time like all things but I'll get there! Thanks again to you all!!

HH,

I loved your post, definitely helps remind me of why I did this...THANKS!

Stacy

Ali. the only different thing i can suggest food wise is youplait makes some great new yogurt flavors. the cinnamon roll and apple turnover are great. are you allowed pudding? and it probably gonna be at least 8 weeks before subway, and even then you might wanna be careful bread is not always our friend, but try there wraps. there very good and anything that goes on a sub can go on them.

and HH you are right about all of the things we are happily deprieved of. and on a personal not. weve had some interesting debates in the past, which i throughly enjoyed by the way. but. i was appalled at some of the things said to you this week. no guy not even you deserves kicked in the balls. lol

Agreed! those were some encouraging words. TY

While I was healing, on liquids and soft foods, I was HUNGRY. I mean, really hungry. For me, it wasn't feeling deprived, it was because my body was asking for real food. I had been on liquids for a long time. I had dropped weight during the pre-surgery and post-surgery liquids phases.

Are you sure it's not just plain hunger?

Once I got past liquids and soft foods, I slowly expanded what I ate and I swear I have not felt deprived at all. Now, frankly, I would not eat a Subway sandwich - it's just too much bread and bread causes me issues. But I do have pizza and lots of other stuff.

I feel so very satisfied with what I can eat, and I'm a person who has felt deprived on every other diet I've been on. Now that I have the ability to eat a reasonable variety, and to feel satisfied on small amounts, well, I'm still on Cloud 9 over it all - it's incredible, amazing.

Jennifer I will definitely try the new yogurts...no pudding yet...jello though and I have been doing those. Thanks for your suggestion of the wraps of course when allowed hadn't thought of that! Thanks!

Linda I want to try to stay away from bread I of course don't yet know how I will react but the softness of fresh bread kind of scares me but I will definitely do the wraps! And I may just be hungry but I don't think so but you could be right I'll have to pay better attention! Thanks!

So glad to hear that once I get use to the life I'll be fine and will be able to adjust!