Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks restless. and its funny there are times when i loook in the mirror that im so shocked at the change in appearance that i wanna jump for joy! im sure ill hit my goal. but truthfully if i stayed where i am. and i know you will make it to where you wanna be your attitude wont allow you to fail!

HH and Restless - be careful - people are going to start talking!

But I agree, I also think Restless is great. She gives good , well thought out, well balanced advice.

just don't tell plain, ok?

and while I LOVE the love fest...and think you all are pretty darned marvelous too...

people who even DONT think I am "the thing" should post their good experiences if so moved. It's mostly a "love the band" fest

(but if you want to PM me about how great I am..... LOL )

Looks like you made the right decision for yourself RM, congrats on your success!! Nancy:thumbup:

Looks like you made the right decision for yourself RM, congrats on your success!! Nancy:thumbup:

Isn't that just one of the big questions of life...which decision (if any!) is the RIGHT one?

I may have problems with the band down the line; I for SURE would've had problems doing nothing. So today, life is good! :)

I'll proudly say I think you're the bee's knees any day of the week. :)

Restless - I'm so happy for you. Your attitude IS inspirational! I've been following you since I joined. You've always had wonderful suggestions, insight and motivation for everybody.

Life is good for me too! I'm a binger from way back....but honestly, since I've hit my sweet spot, I haven't even had the desire to binge. Not that a binge would even be possible at this point. I can eat maybe two Cookies and if I try for one more bite, I begin foaming at the mouth! Now, if I want a sweet, some ice cream, whatever, I have it and move on. Like you, I can easily get right back on track with the next meal. I know my old eating patterns were in my head, but my band definitely "mutes" the signals to my tummy.

It's taken me eight months to know without a doubt that this is going to work. I want to stress to everyone who has not reached good restriction yet, that you must persevere. Don't give up, don't put off fills, make the best food choices you can, exercise and be patient. Once I hit my sweet spot, it was like a calm came over me.....that loud voice in my head turned off and my body felt satisfied with small amounts of food. Dare I say, I feel normal?

Good Luck Everybody!

Mim that is so great to hear!! I love your "two-cookie" binge you wild woman!

And I agree the "sweet spot" is life changing. I liken it to when I was a kid and wanted to know what "being in love" felt like and "grownups" would always say "You'll know" with that look all grownups have...and one day BAMMO I knew what they meant.

Restriction/sweet spot was like that for me...a true epiphany.

Restless - I'm so happy for you. Your attitude IS inspirational! I've been following you since I joined. You've always had wonderful suggestions, insight and motivation for everybody.

Life is good for me too! I'm a binger from way back....but honestly, since I've hit my sweet spot, I haven't even had the desire to binge. Not that a binge would even be possible at this point. I can eat maybe two Cookies and if I try for one more bite, I begin foaming at the mouth! Now, if I want a sweet, some ice cream, whatever, I have it and move on. Like you, I can easily get right back on track with the next meal. I know my old eating patterns were in my head, but my band definitely "mutes" the signals to my tummy.

It's taken me eight months to know without a doubt that this is going to work. I want to stress to everyone who has not reached good restriction yet, that you must persevere. Don't give up, don't put off fills, make the best food choices you can, exercise and be patient. Once I hit my sweet spot, it was like a calm came over me.....that loud voice in my head turned off and my body felt satisfied with small amounts of food. Dare I say, I feel normal?

Good Luck Everybody!

As Restless has found, and Mim as well, it is indeed a matter of "fine-tuning" the fills and your eating habits until you hit the proverbial "sweet spot". The "Calm" that they describe is what a lot of people find.....it's kind of how they were "meant" to feel. I never achieved that, only because the Band was not meant for me. But it is truly something that people need to be aware of. Some of the Advertisements (and some of the people on this board) make the band sound more like a "switch" that turns your hunger off....and it's not really. It's more like a dial, something that you have to work with, adjust, fill, unfill, until you find yourself in that "special place". But when you DO arrive there, watch out! :) Time for a whole new wardrobe, AND a new outlook on life.!

It's sweet to be able to watch this happen for people!

HH

RestlessMonkey,

It sounds like your healthy eating and living is your norm now since you resorted back to it without even thinking about it. That is where I hope to be one day. I am only 3 days post op so I am just starting out on this journey and have alot to learn. I find myself searching for your posts because they are always uplifting and you have such great advise. I have gone through so many emotions in this process as I am sure many of us have. All of the pre op testing, the many Dr. appts., getting health problems under control, and for me another gallbladder surgery with complications. I have been nervous, anxious, frustrated, excited, angry and many more. My point is today I have felt so happy. I feel happier than I have in a long time. I know I made the right decision getting banded. All the things I have went through are worth it. I have hope again and to read a post like yours is reassuring. Thank you.

RM, congrats to you and continued success!!! To us both, to us all.

I am still on Cloud 9 (I've posted that more than once tonight on the board LOL). I mean, sometimes I contemplate my new reality and I want to cry tears of happiness. I can't stop smiling about it.

Last week, I had a 5 day business trip. Then my husband and I did a little 4 day get away. I was definitely out of my normal routine - I missed my workouts, and I didn't eat as carefully as I do in my routine. And not only did I not gain weight, but I lost a half pound. Oh, it wasn't 2 pounds or 4 pounds or whatever, but I LOST WEIGHT WHEN I WASN'T EVEN TRYING.

I'm deliriously happy.

flowerchild...I'm so glad to hear how happy you've been today. I know you've had doubts and challenges and I'm glad you are seeing the fog clear!

And LindaD...I am just floored. I can't believe you LOST WEIGHT after a business trip (they are NOT fun, just go on 1 and you'll know LOL) and then the 4-day with your husband and you LOST.

And you're over half way to goal.

I just LOVE the band!

I know it isn't the right answer for everyone (nothing in life is that easy) but when it works, it's just priceless.

Monkey,What a great post!! Your success is just wonderful. You're so great about sharing your experience both as a nurse and as a patient. Thanks for that. You've worked very hard and you deserve to Celebrate and toot your own horn (especially since you can now reach that horn.) Sorry, no grinning smiley...new computer and it hates me.Here's a big WHOoooo HOOoooo to you!!TPG

Hey TPG You're supposed to post a "life is good" scenario of your own. Surely something good happened...didn't you see the surgeon?

Or maybe catch another glimpse of that Vincent D'onofrio lookalike? Something?