Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill...piece of cake-ha!

This is to encourage all who are awaiting there first fill and like myself have read so much that they are totally worked up! I was banded on 6/30/09 in Mexico and found a local doctor to has agreed to do my follow-up. I went yesterday and he checked me over and thought everything looked great. I have been reading so many horror stories that I think I was more nervous about the fill then I was about the surgery. Because I didn't know what to expect I had major fears. First their was small prick and sting to num the area and after that I could feel nothing! He found the port on the first try and added 3.5 cc. I tested it was okay by drinking some Water and it went down fine. I almost danced out of there I was so relieved. So be enouraged...you can do it!

Great post! All my fills (Had 8) and 1 slight unfill have been uneventful, not grueling, easy! :laugh: Glad to read you are off and running!

I am so glad your fill went great!

I also had my first fill on Tuesday and it was also very easy! Like you, I had worked myself to the point that I was almost CRYING! I was reading all these terrible stories about having to be stuck 5-6 times, and the doctor not being able to find the port. I was really terrified.

We did the first fill under fluoro and it was SO easy. I didn't have anything to numb the area, but it sounds like it was the same experience as yours - a little prick and that was it! He put 5cc in my band. I'm on Clear liquids until tomorrow, then full, then mushies, then regular food. I'm excited to have some restriction!

To anyone who's scared...remember many people post on sites like this with PROBLEMS! The percentage of people with bad fill experiences is probably pretty darned low...but many don't post "fill was great and easy" like the OP just did! :laugh:

So right you are, Restless (if I can call you that :laugh:). I deal with a lot of people in sort of a customer service kind of way. And only those with problems will come forward for help or to complain.

I had my surgery on June 30th and my first fill yesterday. It was also uneventful. There was a bit of tenderness around the port but it was not bad. The Dr. stuck me once and got the placement she wanted. No numbing it first. I had a bit over 1 cc in the band from surgery and she brought me up to 5. I am at the end of my 2nd day of liquids and will move to mushies tomorrow. Strangly, I have found this time on liquids harder than the 2 week pre-op. She also cleared me to start working out so hopefully i can get the scale to move soon.

You may call me Restless (way better than "Couch-Potato Monkey, for example) or RM, OR the whole moniker, or as nanook did the other day (made me LOL)

"Reckless Monkey" :laugh:

You may call me Restless (way better than "Couch-Potato Monkey, for example) or RM, OR the whole moniker, or as nanook did the other day (made me LOL)

"Reckless Monkey" :laugh:

Well , of course there is always Relentless Monkey too.

You can call me UWS as we do here in NY.