Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone. I am about to go on Muchies and i need to make a Dessert. does anyone have any good recipes for me to make so that i could have the dessert.

Hey everyone. I am about to go on Muchies and i need to make a Dessert. does anyone have any good recipes for me to make so that i could have the dessert.

Hmmm... SF pudding - yum! But that doesn't really require a recipe does it? Hmm.... Or banana pudding - the Cookies get all mushy after a while. I guess I'm stuck on pudding. :biggrin:

I remembered a dessert!! My mom's friend always brought this to potluck at church - you mix a large container of cottage cheese with a pkg. of cherry or strawberry Jello powder (unprepared, I guess you'd wanna use the sugar free), n some sugar free cool whip. It's sooo good. She would sometimes mix in canned mandarin oranges. Sorry you're not getting more responses!

Hi:

I cannot remember if I used to mix sugar free Jello with sugar free or fat free whipped cream. I am definitely sure that there is fat free whipped cream. Will that do for you?

Not exactly dessert, but I started my sugar free popsicle addiction during the pre-band diet.

Another trick I've used is to fool myself into thinking that crushed ice with crystal light eaten with a spoon seems like a desert.

Good luck! I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

Ditto to the sugar free banana pudding. I made it and lots of tapioca pudding made with splenda. Now that I've said it, I think I'll make some tonight!

I love the sugar free Italian Ice. It is so good it makes you feel like you are cheating but has the same calories as a sugar free popsicle. I also like sugar free fudgepops. I didn't want to take the time to make Desserts and knew I would go to snacking putting off making something so I stocked my freezer with sugar free everything and now if I feel the need to have something like that, I just pull one of those out and I am ready to go. It has kept me totally on track.

It’s interesting how you put that: “I NEED to make a dessert”.

Actually,…you don’t. And perhaps you should consider not doing so.

Dessert is a cultural thing. It’s a tradition that we end most of our meals with something sweet and yummy. But consider where the “sweet and yummy” stuff has gotten you. It probably played a significant role in getting you to the point where you needed WLS.

You really need to break the “cycle” of events that brought you to this point. For many people, this means indulging in sweets, and the TASTE of sweets. Perhaps it’s time to make that a part of your PAST.

Some people might respond that “you can have some sweets, only make it a lot less”. And that may be true, BUT for a LOT of people (the vast majority, I think) it’s not that simple. It’s kind of like telling an alcoholic “you can still have the booze, just make it a little less”. It just doesn’t work that way.

Some people might also suggest that you try something sugar-free, artificially sweetened. Many experts believe that this is also NOT a good idea. It keeps you addicted to the tastes of “sweetness”. And, to be quite honest, the artificial sweeteners that are most commonly in use today (Splenda, Equal, etc,) have a host of bad reactions, allergies, etc, associated with them. Some people consider them to be poison, or close to it. The idea of “sugar replacements” can also be likened to the idea of giving a Heroin addict methadone to “wean” him off of the bad stuff. What they have found is that the Methadone can be as bad as the heroin, addiction-wise. The same could be said about artificial sweeteners, but to a much lesser degree.

This is a time of change in your life. A change for the BETTER. It would be in your best interests to stay away from the sweets, and concentrate on good, HEALTHY foods; foods that will help move you FORWARD to a state of health, rather than tie you to a past that has given you much pain and heartache.

HH

I love the Jello SF/FF instant pudding. Just mix with 2 cups of cold milk and voila! I add Protein mix and make it with 1% milk, so it has about 110 calories, 10g protein & 1.5 g fat. When I have guests, I make it in a nice serving dish and top with fresh raspberries, blueberries or other fruit.< /p>

I have a good individual dessert:

small (soft taco size) flour tortilla -- I use the low carb kind.

Chunky cinnamon applesauce -- 1/4 to 1/3 cup

cinnamon/splenda

powdered sugar

Mix the applesauce with 1/2 packet of splenda (you may not need this, but I use the natural applesauce and it needs to be sweetened a little) and cinnamon to taste. The chunky applesauce is better for this dessert. It is more like apple pie

Spray a non-stick skillet with PAM (or other non-stick spray), lay the flour tortilla in the pan, spoon the applesauce onto the tortilla, and then fold the edges in like a burrito. Turn until browned and crispy. Remove to a plate and dust with powdered sugar.

I like to add a teaspoon of butter or margarine to the outside before dusting with powdered sugar.

I have made this with bananas and brown sugar also (instead of the applesauce).

I was just googling things yesterday as I get to start mushies next week. I have a horrid sweet tooth but am more than happy to subsitute my calorie ladden desserts for a simpler sugar free version. I found tons of recipes, but I found a few at bariatriceating.com.. A recipe for pumpkin custard, crustless, sugar free sounde supper yummy. They even had a recipe for watergate salad on there.. The best thing is many of the recipes are called to be made in individual ramakins, which would really help on the portion size..

Hope it helps, pm me if you would just like me to give the recipes I found...... I completely understand the need to make a dessert....:thumbup:

The Splenda website has a lot of great recipes. Here is a cheesecake recipe, that could be lightened up further by replacing egg whites for the whole eggs. Rather than a crust, you could just sprinkle crushed graham crackers on it, gives the flavor without the added calories. There are a lot of other cheesecake recipes on there besides this one:

Splenda

I also made one that was FF cream cheese, lime SF Jello, and cottage cheese, whipped up in a food processor. It tasted yummy and was very high Protein. I plan on making these sort of "desserts" for my mushy stages. Tasty but high in protein.

Good Luck!