Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anything Goin on for Missourians?

I just read another post of yours and I just wanted to tell you I went to the WLC first. I was very disappointed with Dr. Nigro. I paid 150.00 for a consult and he didn't show up. There was a Nurse that weighed me and told me everything. Then I scheduled for the pre-op stuff and he didn't show up again. I should have gotten my money back but I didn't. Then because I am in the medical field I asked around about Dr. Nigro...he is a JERK according to two people that I found that knew him. Thank God I didn't have him do my surgery.

WOW thanks for the info.. luckily I canceled my appointment with them after talking to Darlene.. I just joined the forum over on his site, and I am excited to get the ball rolling with him and his staff. and that is a very good reminder about the tax deductible stuff.

Hey Missouri and Illinois!

I love my surgeon, Dr. Darrin Minkin. He works out of Des Peres Hospital. He did my band in July. He is very caring and willing to explain EVERYTHING!

WendyR, hello from Cape Girardeau, I'm working with Dr. Wagner's office. All I know is from his bio, but the credentials seem to be excellent. I still have to attend the seminar (1/18) and the psychological evaluation (2/1) before my consult with Dr. Wagner, but all the other paperwork has been done and insurance approved. If there's anyone else who has info/experience with Dr. Wagner I'd love to hear from you. Good luck Wendy.

tachlime

Nurse in this area...Had a pt who had Dr. Malley and loved him.... Worked with one on the commercials now....would NOT go to hime. So if you see a doctor on the tv ads....

Well just saw Dr. John Price he is new doctor for St. Lukes Hopital on the plaza. He come from La. You can find info on him on the following page. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+John+M+Price+ddm.html

OK So found out my insurance will pay 100% if my BMI is 35 with conditions. Mine is 35.2 with diabetes type 2, hypertension, high cholesterol. So on the path I go. I am so excited and have so many questions. I have my first medically supervised diet meeting on the 31st...I can have the lap band after 3 months of this... I fill like there is not question I should do this. My diabetes is out of control and at the rate I am going i will be on Insulin before I know it.... what rate do you really loose the weght??

I got my date for the band surgery today! I'm heading to Tiajuna for my surgery on the 14th of Feb. I'm looking SO foward to it. A tad nervous, yes...but it'll be aright.

Thank you guys! I just booked my flight to San Diego where I'll be picked up. Since the surgery is coming up so quickly, I'm on the pre-op diet now. So far, it sucks! I hate not having normal food! oh well, life goes on and I'll be looking and feeling better once all of this is done!

Hi ... I am in Jefferson City.... I am scheduled for surgery in columbia on March 12. Is there anyone located close to me?

I'm back from Mexico and finally banded! Everything went well, and I was very pleased with the care I got in Tijuana. I'm just dealing with the liquid diet stage, and hoping time flies by so I can start eating solid food! :) Other than that, I'm just a little sore and taking it easy. I luckilly don't have a job to hurry back to so I can take it a little more time to recoup.

mellove------- where are you from? why do i hear of so many going to mexico to have this done? the other website group i was on, everyone was going to tj... also noticed, we have the same birthday ---not the year, i am older..