Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok so friday is my surgery day and i work but its only a cleaning job, i clean a church(my brother introduced me to it, i absolutely hate the job, but i need money to pay phone billy and stuff)on mondays and thursdays and what i need to do every monday i have to clean downstairs(my mom does upstairs) vaccum, sweep, mop, put chairs up, clean bathrooms, break boxes down and take trash out, and clean sunday school(mondays) and thursdays are the same except sunday school, so my question is since surgery is friday will i be ok enough to go on monday? theres alot of bending over and twisting but im gonna try to get my dad to hlep too.

next is about my tongue ring. got it pierced dec 20 08(my 18th bday) im worried it'll close up. the surgeron said surgery is an hour and 15 mins. i can wear any jewelry not even a retainer. i hope i get up soon enough to put it back in when i get out of surgery. ok that really was a question but ok.

this is however, im going shopping tomorrow for the Clear Liquids and any other things i'll need, what did you guys get for the clear liquids stage or full liquids? and anything else before and for surgery?

i know i have a shopping list thread, but ahh i dont know!

my clear liquid's list:

• chicken noodle
  • ramen noodles (and of course im going to strain the noodles and whatever else is in the soup)
  • Gas-X strips
  • Gatorade G2
  • Diet Snapple

ok but i think i only have to do clear liquids for the first day after surgery because on my list my nutritionist gave me of the progression of my diet it says first two weeks after surgery full liquids so i dont know i'll just get more of what i already have

for surgery day, overnight stuff:

• shampoo & conditioner(cause im staying the night)
  • soap
  • tooth brush & tooth paste
  • chapstick
  • q-tips
  • sports bra
  • loose fitting clothes
  • going to buy a new magazine the night before
  • bringing my ipod, cell phone, and camera
  • pillow
  • my breathing tube they gave me
  • all my papers
  • brush
  • glasses
  • liquid tylenol

i feel like im forgetting stuff, i have a heating pad and a cold pack

but again if you have anything that was helpful please add it

and what else did you guys get for your clear liquid and full liquid phase?

i forgot the other questions i wanted to ask but if i think of any ill post them in here

Ask your surgeon; however I don't think you'll be ready to work on Monday. He's the best source, though, for that info

Well as for going in to work on Monday, I don't think that you will be ready. And as for the tongue ring I also have one and it did not close up. Just wear it until right up to your surgery. I put mines right back on as soon as I woke up. Good luck on your Journey!!!:smile2:

I felt great a few hours after surgery. I was up and walking around and even went out for a walk that afternoon. It's really up to you and your surgeon.

Also, I doubt you'll be able to have diet snapple. I'm six days post op and I've been on Clear Liquids for the whole time. This means Water, broth, sugerfree Jello, milk, and Protein powder mixed with Water or milk. That's it.

I wouldn't wear a sports bra. You'll probably want something a little loser.

You will need some clear Protein such as Isopure or IDS. I'm sure there are others you can purchase as well.

I really don't think it will be in your best interest to return to work on Monday.

Just a head's up...dont' spend money on foods (like the "clear protein") until you are sure you can have it post op. Some of us can't have ANY Protein for the first week or two and some have a specific Protein Drink preferred by the surgeon. :smile2:

That's a good point. Since you have a few days before surgery why don't you call your surgeon's office and find out about the post-op diet they want you to follow. Then you can be all prepared ahead of time.

That's a good point. Since you have a few days before surgery why don't you call your surgeon's office and find out about the post-op diet they want you to follow. Then you can be all prepared ahead of time.

That's the ticket! :smile2:

thanks, i cant have Protein until the full liquids, on my paper my nutritionist gave me said i could have diet snapple on the clear liquid week and what's loser than a sports bra?

Well as for going in to work on Monday, I don't think that you will be ready. And as for the tongue ring I also have one and it did not close up. Just wear it until right up to your surgery. I put mines right back on as soon as I woke up. Good luck on your Journey!!!:smile2:

awesome and that is what i planned on doing, haha im going to have a bag full of jewelry :lol: hope they dont get grossed out by my lobes but anyways that makes me feel better about it not closing up, and thankss :crying:!

I would say No to work on Monday even if you are feeling up to it. I am concerned because of the type of work you do, I dont think physically your body will be ready to do that kind of work. I also had diet snapple and it tasted great. As far as what is looser than a sports bra, I would just go with an undershirt and no bra at all!

I wore my normal bra and it didn't even TOUCH my surgical sites. In fact, it helped keep my breasts up out of the way. Had I gone braless, it would've hurt. So just take a comfy bra; then you can decide which option works for you. :smile2:

Hey Erin

I have had my tongue pierced for a while and had to take it out for another surgery and never had a problem. I can keep mine out for months and put it back in with no problem. I just started my journey and didnt even think about the stuff that I'm going to have to get where are the shopping list forums.

Hey Erin

I have had my tongue pierced for a while and had to take it out for another surgery and never had a problem. I can keep mine out for months and put it back in with no problem. I just started my journey and didnt even think about the stuff that I'm going to have to get where are the shopping list forums.

hey that good to hear, i should be fine then, i have made a shopping list post in this section, it should be on the first page and good luck (:

as for the bra, if i sat up straight, it wouldnt be touching and the one i have now is way comfortable than a sports bra (: so i think ill just take the one i have