Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

iPhone/Food, Nutrition, Exercise Tracker

I know there is another geeky bandster out there somewhere that can help me out. :eek:

I'm struggling to find the perfect application to track food, Water, nutrition, exercise, etc. In order for me to be consistently compliant with tracking I need to have something that I can use on the iPhone. I started out pretty well recording my food manually, but the honeymoon is officially over in just 3 weeks....I'm sliding off track with recording my intake and I really wanted to have excellent records to present at my first appt post-op (6 weeks). Since I'm also finding myself at my first (and I'm sure not the last) plateau this past week, I need this info if/when I need to consult with nutritionist.

The ideal app would be something that can be used on the iPhone, that has an adequate (and ACCURATE) database of food nutritional info (restaurant, brand name and common foods), and that can be backed up or synched with a web application. I'd like to be able to record water and perhaps even Vitamin, Calcium, blood sugar, blood pressure, weight, exercise...but the accurate nutrition is the main thing.

I know that a lot of folks use Daily Plate. It would work very adequately, but it seems that I can't use the mobile app unless I have a paid account (did I mention that I need to find something reasonably cheap :laugh:).

I'm willing to pay for an app, but not an annual membership.

I've tried a couple of iPhone apps, but the one that will export to a spreadsheet doesn't have a very good database (as in many of the foods have no values for Protein :thumbup:), is not very friendly in the export function, and requires some workaround to be able to record water & other liquids). The other app is working fine, but doesn't have any way to synch, save or print/export the logs at this time. It's database is better, but still limited.

All of these take some time to build up the personal collection of custom foods, meals, etc, so I'd like to find something I can stick with.

Can anyone help a sister out:confused:

You know, I KNOW that there is one out there. I know several developers personally that are working on just that for the iPhone.

Have you searched the App Store completely? try using different keywords....I'll take a look and see what i can find....I know one is out there somewhere.....if not, I know a couple that are coming soon!

HH

I did a pretty thorough search and reading reviews of the not so good aps lead me to Lose It. I'm working with that one now and the only complaint I have is that there is no way to synch/print, etc. The info states that they are working on it though, so perhaps I'll just stick there for now.

i use the lose it ap as well and love. but theres also an iphone ap for spark people. you have to register on the website 1st. im pretty sure any info you enter from your iphone will be available when you later log on to your account from a PC and can probably be printed out. hope this helps

MyDailyPlate/Livestrong.com advertises that they have an iPhone app as well as a Blackberry app. I know nothing about those apps beyond that, but I am using the website to diary the food.< /p>

HI - I'm another vote for Lose it! app. I love it!! Not only is it free (yeah!!) but it is actually a great program. It has a huge database, you can add items and even break it down into individual servings, AND, especially good for us bandsters, you can break down the daily info to keep track of fat, Protein, etc. per day and even per week. I highly recommend it! Good Luck!

Claire

I use MyNetDiary.com

They do charge a monthly fee ------ BUT I have found they are worth the charge. They have a free app for the iPhone and it sync's automatically! wirelessly! I don't even have to plug in for it to do that! (that was huge for me) and no advertising! (another huge plus for me)

Plus - they have a HUGE database of food - the largest available I believe.

You can print out all sorts of different reports, which I like, so I can present it to the nutritionist. I fell off of recording too - but am back on and am glad for My Net Diary dot com.

Check out their website first - then the app.

They also will track whatever nutrients you want to have tracked.