Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Girdles, Cinchers or even spanx

Can we wear any of these. Do you wear workout bands? I will love to wear workout band when I exercise but I'm worried about my band. I carry a lot of my fat around my mid-section and my stomach doesn't look like it is going down even though I have gone down two dress sizes in two months.

I haven't been banded yet but I love Spanx!!

Right now is the time to get them; Nordstrom has them on sale for the next two weeks. They usually don't go on sale. They have all sizes too... I got "Higher Power" which is like shorts that go all the way up to the bra line. A great smoother under summer dresses and stops the "rubbing of the thighs" too. They have all types though, pantyhose, footless pantyhose, shorts, you name it!

@ OP

I hope someone knows, because that was the last thing I thought about when I went under. I can't believe how superficial I am. I was at the most important moment of my life to date, and my only thought was "When can I wear Spanx again, I want to look pretty!" :-)

Lol, I wish I could tolerate ANY of these garments. Even thin women have jiggle in certain clothing, everyone needs some good compression undergarments in their wardrobe.

But they all make me feel sick, I cannot stand the feeling of wearing something so constrictive.

I so want to wear my waist cinchers to sleep every night but I'm afraid it will compress my band or even the port. I want flatter stomach to go with my changing body.

Leggs has some great ones for around 6 bucks. I love the ones I wear because they go to my knees and all the way up to my bra line so no muffin top! I like to wear them because I have lost so much weight in my mid section I have alot of skin hanging down. Dang Gravity!

I was wondering the same thing, so thank you for asking this question.

I wear something like that to work everyday. Goes from the knees to the braline. I couldn't imagine not wearing it and jiggling around, haha.

I wear mine every day!!!!

I purchased one at Walgreens called SQUEEM, at first it was very uncomfortable so I only wore it at home, after time it became part of me and i wear it everyday to work! I feel naked when I don't put it on. everyone asks me about it (comfort) It does help with loosing the weight because it tightens your midsection as you loose. My surgery date was October 22, 2008 and my highest weight was 237 and as to date I have lost a total of 78lbs (need to update my ticker! ) I currently weigh 156 hoping to loose another 20lbs or so. but let me tell you something I FEEL LIKE A NEW WOMAN!!!

SQUEEM is wonderful. I'm glad you wore yours and nothing happened. I will start wearing mine starting tonight. I don't want my tummy to be hanging after losing all these weight.

I didn't know they sell them at Walgreens. I bought mine from hourglassangels.com

Not all Walgreens have them, but the one by my house does. And the good thing is that I get a military discounts on Tuesdays which helps a lot because I'm on my third Squeem Lol and they certainly are not cheap! I also bought a couple other one at Fajas, Faja, Fajas Colombinas y Brasileras Reductoras y Modeladoras they also have a couple of good ones there and they have periodic sales and I got 3 different ones plus 2 other body suits all a little over 100.00 because if you spend over 100.00 you get a free one! check them out (i'm not affiliated with them by any means, just love a great deal)

Not all Walgreens have them, but the one by my house does. And the good thing is that I get a military discounts on Tuesdays which helps a lot because I'm on my third Squeem Lol and they certainly are not cheap! I also bought a couple other one at Fajas, Faja, Fajas Colombinas y Brasileras Reductoras y Modeladoras they also have a couple of good ones there and they have periodic sales and I got 3 different ones plus 2 other body suits all a little over 100.00 because if you spend over 100.00 you get a free one! check them out (i'm not affiliated with them by any means, just love a great deal)

I have 2 squeems so far...and I love mine too! :tongue2: How long did you wait after getting the band to start back wearing your squeem? I cant believe you found them at Walgreens :biggrin:...gotta check out my local Walgreens!!

I've never worn anything like this but I've been wondering about them.

Does anyone think something like these would help to keep you from getting saggy? I mean saggy when you don't have them on. Like maybe they could help shape you as you lose so your body stays firmer? does that make sense?

I started wearing my Squeem right after my first fill, and yes they do make a difference wearing them. The sag will be there, but its not as noticeable. When I don't wear it, you can hardly tell, husband asks me if I have it on! They are great!!!!!

I always wore a girdle since I was 12!! I think it has helped cause I have a fat girl flat girl tummy anyway...I'm 8 days out and put my girdle back on 2 days ago...I missed it...

BTW the most comfortable ones come from the Avenue they are like panties that stretch all the way to your under boob...comfy and does the trick...look at my pictures!!