Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Progressing Thru Goals

Honestly, when I first started this I just wanted to stop gaining weight. My other big goal was to not have to shop at the Big-n-Tall store, cuz I was right on the verge. I had a goal weight in mind, but not a lot of other goals visualized. As I have progressed over the last several months, I have come up with a few others:

1 – Have LB Surgery – Achieved 2/18/09:thumbup:

2 - Overweight (29.9 BMI) - Achieved 5/17/09:thumbup:

3 - Lowest Previous Diet Weight (212 lbs) - Achieved 6/27/09:thumbup:

4 - L Shirts & Size 36 Pants - Achieved 7/15/09:thumbup:

5 - Onderland (199 lbs) – Almost there

6 - Size 34 Pants - Working on this

7 - Goal (Normal BMI, 185 lbs 24.4 BMI) - Working on this

8 – My Navy Boot Camp Weight (180 lbs 23.7 BMI) – Post Goal Goal

9 - M Shirts & Size 32 Pants - This is a stretch goal

10 - OMG Weight (165 lbs 21.7 BMI) – This is a stretch goal:eek:

What are your goals?

KartMan, Congrats to you! That is so awesome. I was just posting on a thread about clothing and goals. Mine is when I go visit my mother in Sept. and have to be seated on the plane that I don't have to pull the seatbelt all the way over and pray it clicks. I visit her twice a year and the last time I visited in April, I was almost to the point of asking for an extension but I sucked it up and barely got it clicked. I have lost 20 so far and was banded 06-19-09. My goal is to lose 20 more and be able to actually pull the belt of the seatbelt and have some left over. Keep your fingers crossed for me. And I was just telling my neighbor that I am so glad I will not be visiting the big girls stores anymore. I am waiting until I can wear regular clothes before I buy anymore. Yeah!

Those are great goals, I'm sure you both will make those.

I use to pray that I would get the aisle seat cuz I didn’t think I could squeeze my fat a** past somebody if I had to use the restroom.

Goal 1: Not wear an extended seatbelt when I fly next month (lost over 60 lbs so I hope I don't need one)

Goal 2: Get to onederland (52 lbs to go)

Goal 3: Wear knee high boots

Goal 4: Wear a short skirt

1) Get insurance to approve surgery - happened Mid-March, 2008

2) Actually survive the surgery - accomplished quite uneventfully on April 11th, 2008

3) Drop below 290 lbs (started at 321.6 but lost 21 during pre-op stuff) - accomplished Mid-May, 2008

4) Drop below 250 lbs - accomplished beginning of Sept, 2008

5) Lose 100 lbs (drop below 221.6) Accomplished two days before Holloween, 2008

6) Wear normal size clothing - happened around Thanksgiving.

7) Drop below 200 - happened right around New Years

8) Wear a size 12 clothes (self-proclaimed 'no longer fat' clothing size) - happened about 2.5 months ago

9) Weigh less than my much taller / thinner little sister (she weighed 165 lbs at the time - she lost 10 lbs the very moment I pointed out that I weighed less than her LOL) - happened 2 months ago

10) Lose 180 lbs for a final weight of 140 or so lbs - will happen in the next 6 weeks.

11) Probably continue to lose until I reach around 130 or so - that seems like a happy, healthy weight for someone as short as I am. If it is gonna happen, it'll happen before winter- I'm running out of restriction quickly these days and am avoiding another fill like the plague (no reason to get a fill if I am still losing.)

For those of you that only have a weight goal in mind, I suggest you jot down a few other goals. For me (and keep in mind I am not normally a list person or a goal person) it has been a tremendous area of self satisfaction to track and mark these off as I go. Since originally posting this thread, I reached some new goals and had to change a few. My biggest change was around some of my BMI goals because I discovered that I am actually closer to 6’ rather then 6’ 1” (which means I was even fatter than I thought:crying:). I did actually used to be 6’ 1’” but I hurt my back several years ago and I think I lost ¾” due to some crushed vertebrae.

1 – Have LB Surgery – Achieved 2/18/09 :(

2 - Overweight (29.9 BMI) – Achieved 6/13//09 :(

3 - L Shirts & Size 36 Pants - Achieved 7/15/09 :thumbup:

4 - Lowest Previous Diet Weight (206 lbs) - Achieved 7/19//09 :wub:

5 – “Average” Body Fat = 18-24% (Hydrostatic Dunk Test) - Achieved 7/19//09 @ 22.3% :eek:

6 - Onderland (199 lbs) – Achieved 8/2/09 :eek:

7 – M Shirts & Size 34 Pants - Achieved 8/7/09 (I never believed I could wear a M shirt) :thumbup:

8 – Goal, Normal BMI (184 lbs 24.9 BMI) – Oh so close

9 – “Ideal” 15% Body Fat (Hydrostatic Dunk Test) – Very doable if keep losing and hit the gym

10 – My Navy Boot Camp Weight (180 lbs) – Post Goal Goal

11– “Excellent” <14% Body Fat (Hydrostatic Dunk Test) – Might be unreasonable, but I feel it is possible

12 - OMG Weight (165 lbs) – This is a stretch goal

13 – Size 32 pants – Seriously? Are you f***ing kidding me? Size 32?

My goals are more basic:

1. Stop eating ice cream

2. Stop eating chocolate bars

3. Take smaller bites and go slower

4. Eat more salads

5. Stop beating myself up if I cheat

6. Keep going to group

If I do these things, I will lose the weight.

My goals are more basic:

1. Stop eating ice cream

2. Stop eating chocolate bars

3. Take smaller bites and go slower

4. Eat more salads

5. Stop beating myself up if I cheat

6. Keep going to group

If I do these things, I will lose the weight.

I am a firm believer that we can eat whatever we want. So how about ice cream and chocolate ONCE A WEEK??

I just moved and my journal has been packed for a while so I will have to review and think about my goals. Good thread!

I totally agree with you about eating the ice cream once a week. For me, maybe once every other week would be a better goal. I really think cutting it out altogether would only result in me binging on it eventually. AND I need to Portion Control it. I am sure if I had just a single scoop biweekly it would satisfy me. Now, tell that to my very thick head. I pray that I can do it.

I have so many goals that I wish to achieve once I have surgery, but I will list a few for examples:

*To be able to look in the mirror and not want to cry because I dont like what the person looking back at me looks like

*To run around with my kids and play without being winded or having to sit out because my knees hurt and cant support my weight

*To feel sexier and become more intimate with my husband

*To be able to ride an amusement park ride with my kids, without the fear of being asked to exit the ride because the lap bar wont click x-amount of times (happened to me last month at Legoland.....)

*Eat healthier and become a healthier, happier me!

*Buy "CUTE" clothing in the women's department of stores and not in the "plus size" or "maternity" section

*To learn to love to wear something other than jeans!!!

Again, these are just to name a few.......I just want to be ME again and not be defined by my weight!! Best of luck to everyone on here!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I just hit the 100lb lost mark:thumbup::scared2::thumbup:

Congrats KartMan. You should be very proud. Be sure to post on the "Who has lost 100 pounds" thread!

Congrats Kartman! I truly hope you give yourself the credit that you deserve! You did it!

I was banded on August 20, 2009 I have already achieved a few goals but have lots more to go!

Lose 10 lbs-Achieved August 26, 2009

Lose 20 lbs-Achieved September 3, 2009

Lose 30 lbs-Achieved September 20, 2009

Lose 40 lbs-Working on it, at 35 lbs now!

As you see I am taking it 10 lbs at a time working my way to my 60 lb loss goal for the "one"derland!

With each small success I give myself a pat on the back and say "see you can do it"

Congrats Kartman! I truly hope you give yourself the credit that you deserve! You did it!

I was banded on August 20, 2009 I have already achieved a few goals but have lots more to go!

Lose 10 lbs-Achieved August 26, 2009

Lose 20 lbs-Achieved September 3, 2009

Lose 30 lbs-Achieved September 20, 2009

Lose 40 lbs-Working on it, at 35 lbs now!

As you see I am taking it 10 lbs at a time working my way to my 60 lb loss goal for the "one"derland!

With each small success I give myself a pat on the back and say "see you can do it"

You not only "can" do it, you "are" doing it. Bravo!