Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"doesn't look like you're losing any weight"

You've lost 30 POUNDS!!! That's 10 pounds a month and truly a wonderful weight loss. You could always say to the rude person, "Sure I've lost weight, I look a lot better naked. You want to see?" That might make them think twice about negative commets.

HAHAHA:thumbup: I LOVE that!!!

I get the same thing from my inlaws, everytime I see them they ask how much weight I have lost even though it had only been a couple of days between visits (hence the reason I didn't want them to know in the first place because I didn't want to feel the pressure *grrrr hubby*)...it starts to wear after a while.

My wife and I are both amazed, at the things people say regarding what we have done. Between us I think we could write a pretty funny book of the idiotic things people have said to us. The worst ones are the ones that one take the hint to STFU.

It took until I was about 25 lbs down for anyone who didn't know about my surgery to notice. That was more than 10% of my body weight (I started at 230), so it sounds like that may be the magical point!

Definitely take your measurements if you haven't already. It feels great to be able to see how many inches you are losing, especially when (a) the scale is moving slowly; and (^_^ you have a hard time seeing the change on yourself because it is so gradual. Photos are good landmarks, too!

Congrats on being 30 down!

Catherine

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches