Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded 6/30/09 Would love to talk to you!

Hi Guys,

Beautiful day in New Hampshire. Wondering if any of you are experiancing port pain? I have it on and off. Especially after walking or doing some housework that kind of thing. I am assuming it is the healing process.

weight.png

Hello all.... I was banded on 6/30 in overland park KS. I am doing so good! Only thing is I am disappointed i havent lost more.. down 14lbs. I see alot of people are down 20 from surgery and it make me wonder what I am doing wrong?:rolleyes:

I think a lot of this difference of weight loss depends on your start weight. I was banded on 6/30/09, haven't weighed recently, but at my 1 wk post op check up I had lost 12 lbs. I was disappointed at first, but after reflecting (with help from my mom) I think that is great! Just go with it, keep following your prescribed diet and remember your healing and that is the MOST important thing for us right now. Good luck to you though!:smile:

I think I may have messed up,I picked green Beans yesterday, port area had been aching all day, I hope it's better tomorrow, I am so afraid of messing up my port, it didn't hurt at the time..so I just did it.

I think I may have messed up,I picked green Beans yesterday, port area had been aching all day, I hope it's better tomorrow, I am so afraid of messing up my port, it didn't hurt at the time..so I just did it.

I did the same thing with crab legs...was pretty sore on and off last night and still a bit this morning. I thought since I could have tuna I could have crab, not so I guess. I hope you feel better soon.^_^

For those banded on or around 6/30, when are you scheduled for your first fill? Just curious. I am scheduled 7/29.

My first fill will be on the 28th. I am nervous and excited! Still havent lost alot of weight between 12-15lbs... wish it was more!

I am scheduled on 7/29 too. I haven't lost any weight this week! I am nervous and excited too...

So far I have lost 14 pounds and feeling better each day, though my port area was senstive when I over do it with excercising. Tomorrow I get to eat more real food I can not wait to have more variety. So sorry for the crablegs and greenbeans. Hope you are feeling better? You guys are lucky, I do not get a first fill till August 7th. Do guys have to be on liquids for 2 days when you get your fills?

Banded 06/30th/09 CMC Dr. Connie Campbell

weight.png

Hello, I am doing better, that bending at the waist really has done me in...I get my first fill the 7th of Aug. I haven't had weight loss yet this week will weigh in the morning,I think I am ready for the fill ,need restriction.I also need to learn not to bend over all the time.LOL

Today I had some tunafish and 2 crackers. It tasted sooooooooo... good. I find to stretch out my meal in the day that I get up and keep doing housework in order to make the meal last for 35 to 45 minutes. And I am really chewing. Question for you guys what does PB mean? I have seen it in several threads and I am assuming it means food getting stuck? I am so worried about food getting stuck.

Banded: 06/30/09 Dr. Connie Campbell CMC

weight.png

I was banded 6/25/09 pretty close to 6/30/09. How are you doing. I seem to feel hungry all the time even a couple of minutes after I eat...do you think this is normal.

:thumbup:I have my first fill on 8/7/09 also. I have lost about 15 pounds, I don't see why I am not losing more, not taking much in food wise, I go on the hard stuff this Friday gingerly though. I have a lot of weird muscle pain in the sides of my back and I can also feel some pain in my port area. I hope in time this all settles down. I am worried that the weight will be super slow in coming off.:bored:

Okay I was banded on 6/26 and I only lost 5 pounds. I must be doing something wrong???? I get my first fill today.

One of my friends that had the band awhile go filled me inthat her doctor said only 20 grams of fat a day.. since i have been doing that I have lost! Maybe try that!

Hi all,

I was banded on 6/30 in Mississippi and surgery went great. I lost 15 lbs on liquid diet and now I am slowly introducing all the foods. To tell the truth I went kinda fast and am eating like a normal person now. My problem is I am not losing weight but gaining weight since started on solids. My first fill is on august 10th and I am very scared. My other problem is I am back to eating sweets and feel almost guilty but can't stop. Good to have this thread.