Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got my band on monday 6/29/09. Is it normal to feel like you regret it. I feel like I may have done something bad to my body. It is now friday and still really gassy and my stomach will not stop gurgling. I also miss the food more than I thought I would. Does this feeling go away? When do you start to feel like yourself again?

Don't feel bad i went though the same feeligs when I got banded almost one year ago. I started feeling like myself around the 2nd or 3rd week post-op. I have lost around 160 lbs in he last year and ot only is it the best thing I could of done for myself but for me family also. I am no longer taking any of the meds I was taking before the band. I am so much more mobile, I can play more with my kids and my love for life is back after being gone for many years. So hang in there it will get better and you will love your band also. If you ever need someone to chat with just log on to the chatroom, its a great place to find people to talk to.

The feeling will go away. Before I went home from surgery, I had a panic attack..".OMG, what have I done? But it went away and I haven't had a single regret since then. Hang in there...it just takes time!

I just got my band on monday 6/29/09. Is it normal to feel like you regret it. I feel like I may have done something bad to my body. It is now friday and still really gassy and my stomach will not stop gurgling. I also miss the food more than I thought I would. Does this feeling go away? When do you start to feel like yourself again?

It is really really really normal! I think most of us go through that. When you start seeing the scale move you'll lose that feeling of regret. The first month is the hardest! You are on a post op diet, you don't feel well, you want real food... it's hard. It gets easier, just hang in there.

I too felt the way you do now. I am one month post op and so happy that I was banded. I started feeling better 3 weeks post op. After one month, I have more energy and have started exercising. I havn't exercised in years. I missed the foods, but I stayed on course. I called my doctor's office 2 days before I was to start soft foods and ask for permission to move from liquids to soft. I was told I could. I lasted 12 days on the liquid diet. I was really proud that I did not cheat.

You will be able to enjoy the food again. Make sure you give your body a chance to heal before you move to solids. The band is the best thing to happen to me. The weight loss is slow, but it is weight loss. I could not do this without the band. I lived from one fad diet to another and none worked. I felt bad about myself. I stopped doing things with my family outside of the home. The band has given me my confidence back.

You can do it!

I thank God never have felt that way but it is not uncommon. It is pretty common, in fact. Hang in there; as the other posters told you, it will get better!

OMG ... the first week I was almost on the verge of calling my surgeon and demanding he get the thing OUT!

They had left Fluid in the band from when they primed it during surgery. One they got the saline out, I felt much better and started recovering .... physically and emotionally.

Like the others have said, give it time. :eek:

I definitely feel/felt that way. I got banded 10 days ago. For the past 10 years of my life I have been all about natural-wanted natural childbirth with no drugs, shop organic...hate artificial sweeteners because I like natural sugar. So, having this foreign object in my body has been, philosophically hard to swallow (pun intended). But I am starting to feel better now...eating normally and anxious to implement changes using this new thing as a tool. Naming it helps. Mine is my DLF (dear little friend) like Trumpkin in Narnia. :-)

I felt the same way. I was banded on Friday 6/19 and on Monday 6/22 I had myself a big pity party. I wanted food. No liquid sounded like I wanted to drink it. The protien shakes all tasted bad etc. I really wanted to give up. Then I thought wait a minute, I can't quit. I have been through too much and I want the results too bad. So I shook it off and got back on board.

I do have a question. I have been moved to soft foods. I feel like I could almost eat anything. I don't, but 4oz does not fill me up always. I also fill like things pass through quickly. I am pleased with my results. I have already lost 14 pounds. That's an average of 1 pound a day. WOOO HOOO! I just want to do what is right and know what to tell the doctor at my next visit. I feel like I am going to be one of those people that are dependant on the fills. Did anyone else feel this way?? Also, what is everyone's average weight loss for the first month??

Thanks everyone. This is a great support system!

JSlone

30 pounds lost Pre-Op

14 pounds lost Post

Banded 6/19

I felt the same way the first week and was so sick of Soup I wanted to barf. But, alas, it does go away and I felt so much better once I started mushies. It is great and I am anxious for my first fill on Tuesday. Yeah!

I felt the same way. I was banded on Friday 6/19 and on Monday 6/22 I had myself a big pity party. I wanted food. No liquid sounded like I wanted to drink it. The protien shakes all tasted bad etc. I really wanted to give up. Then I thought wait a minute, I can't quit. I have been through too much and I want the results too bad. So I shook it off and got back on board.

I do have a question. I have been moved to soft foods. I feel like I could almost eat anything. I don't, but 4oz does not fill me up always. I also fill like things pass through quickly. I am pleased with my results. I have already lost 14 pounds. That's an average of 1 pound a day. WOOO HOOO! I just want to do what is right and know what to tell the doctor at my next visit. I feel like I am going to be one of those people that are dependant on the fills. Did anyone else feel this way?? Also, what is everyone's average weight loss for the first month??

Thanks everyone. This is a great support system!

JSlone

30 pounds lost Pre-Op

14 pounds lost Post

Banded 6/19

I was banded on 06-17-09 and I have lost 17lbs so far. I think everyone is different depending on their medical situation, etc. I am anxious for my first fill on Tuesday. I have been eating a lot less but I still want that feeling of restriciton that I don't have now. It feels good to see my clothes getting lose. I love that.:smile2:

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP!!! I had the exact same feelings after my surgery 6/12/09. I thought I had made a huge mistake, I felt horrible, I wanted food and I was so miserable. That was gone by 1 wk post op. Now I am 3 wks out and delighted I went through with it. I do not feel "full" quickly but I make myself stop because I know I want to lose wt and in the end I am satisfied!! i am proud of you- just keep your spirits up- it WILL GET EASIER!!! :smile2:

I definitely feel/felt that way. I got banded 10 days ago. For the past 10 years of my life I have been all about natural-wanted natural childbirth with no drugs, shop organic...hate artificial sweeteners because I like natural sugar. So, having this foreign object in my body has been, philosophically hard to swallow (pun intended). But I am starting to feel better now...eating normally and anxious to implement changes using this new thing as a tool. Naming it helps. Mine is my DLF (dear little friend) like Trumpkin in Narnia. :-)

I hope I'm doing this right. Doing this from my phone. It's kind of confusing. Yeah I'm the same way. No fake stuff, want natural child birth. I think that is one of the reasons I'm so down about this. I just put some foriegn object permanantly in my body. I'm assuming I'll get over it. I kind of feel like I took the easy way out.

I hope I'm doing this right. Doing this from my phone. It's kind of confusing. Yeah I'm the same way. No fake stuff, want natural child birth. I think that is one of the reasons I'm so down about this. I just put some foriegn object permanantly in my body. I'm assuming I'll get over it. I kind of feel like I took the easy way out.

You are soon to learn that you did anything *but* taking the easy way out.

But what if you did? What if you did take the easy way out? What's wrong with that? Do you stand all the time or do you sit sometimes? Isn't that taking the easy way out? Do you live in a house with electricity and running Water or do you live in a cave? Isn't that taking the easy way out? What about transportation, do you take a car or bus when you travel or do you walk? Isn't that taking the easy way out?

Assuming for one minute that WLS is the easy way out, what exactly is wrong with it?

Thank you all for the encouraging responses. I'm trying to hang in there. It was really hard yesterday. Went to a friends house and they were all eating real food. Thought I was going to crack. I actually wanted food that I never liked before. I would have even eaten fast food which I haven't done in years. Hopefully those feelings will go away. Even before surgery I tried to only eat organic or at least natural selections. No fake stuff. At this point I feel like I don't care if it has chemicals or not just give it to me.