Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Governor of South Carolina.

Anyone up for discussing the antics of the righteous Governor of South Carolina? How about Rush Limbaugh's claim that he could have been the Republican's John Kennedy? The gov is supplying lots of discussion material folks, or are the neo-cons staying in bed today with the covers pulled over their heads?

Anyone up for discussing the antics of the righteous Governor of South Carolina? How about Rush Limbaugh's claim that he could have been the Republican's John Kennedy? The gov is supplying lots of discussion material folks, or are the neo-cons staying in bed today with the covers pulled over their heads?

Nope, no head under covers here.

I had never heard of him until the other day when he was missing... then on the Appalachian Trail... then this.

I think he should crash and burn, but that's because I'm a conservative. If he was a democrat, we wouldn't be hearing a thing about this -- or if we did, it would be minimized, there would be no call from the left for him to step down, etc. The only time you hear about the call for heads to roll is when the right does it.

That's right Beth, no one ever heard a thing about Bill Clinton's antics. I use the term antics, but that doesn't do what either of them did any kind of justice.

One reason that you hear so much about some of the Republican politicians affairs is because they are the ones who run on rethoric claiming they're all about family values and high moral standards. They're the ones who do call our attention to the immoral behavior of a man like Bill Clinton on the Democratic side and in his case, didn't stop until they pressed Congress into the impeachment process.

That's right Beth, no one ever heard a thing about Bill Clinton's antics.

But the thing that sank Clinton wasn't his affair, it was that he perjured himself when he lied under oath. And even then, those on the left didn't really have a problem with it. If the left had their way, we wouldn't have heard anything about any of that.

One reason that you hear so much about some of the Republican politicians affairs is because they are the ones who run on rethoric claiming they're all about family values and high moral standards.

Absolutely true, but do you see the irony in that statement? It says in a roundabout way that liberals are not for those things, and that's why they don't tout them -- so they can be as disgusting and immoral as they want to be and, hey, how can anybody complain because we all know what they're all about. This comment says that libs are not about family values or high moral standards -- which is not a surprise to me, but it's actually being verbalized if only by saying that the right is this one extreme, indicating that the left is the opposite. I know that takes it to an extreme (kinda), but it's what I read into what you're saying -- not saying that I haven't already felt that way.

They're the ones who do call our attention to the immoral behavior of a man like Bill Clinton on the Democratic side and in his case, didn't stop until they pressed Congress into the impeachment process.

The impeachment ONLY came about because he lied under oath, a crime. His affair was not a crime. Lying about it under oath, especially while as president of the United States, is what got him impeached. However, the left would not vote to have him removed, as he should have been. They were all okay with it when it meant their boy would be ousted.

Well that's funny because I guess you're saying that because some of the neo-cons got caught and didn't lie about it, it's okay. Is that right?

That assumption is no different than you saying that Democrats aren't all about family values and high morals.

Okay yeah. Dems are all about devil worship and sinning and immorality.

That's what's do funny about the right wing. They believe that if you don't preach, you don't believe. And if you don't preach, you are probably out fornicating. And if you don't pass judgment on others, you must have inferior morals.

That's the hyprocrisy of the whole thing that makes people get all upset with them.

I can't lump Dems all in the same boat, nor can I lump all Republicans in the same boat. But it's the extremists who want to run the Republican party that are causing the uproar. They're the ones who keep getting caught with their pants down. And by golly, they deserve to be raked over the coals for being such hypocrites.

Well that's funny because I guess you're saying that because some of the neo-cons got caught and didn't lie about it, it's okay. Is that right?

That's not what I'm saying at all. But you are in a backhanded way admitting that when the left gets caught, they DO lie about it. And obviously Clinton's situation was proof positive that it was accepted, expected, and okay to many people.

That assumption is no different than you saying that Democrats aren't all about family values and high morals.

I didn't say that. I said that the way you worded it sounded like the right is all about high morality and family values, which seems to connote that the left is not. Again, it appears to be a backhanded way of admitting the differences between the two sides (ostensibly speaking, of course :thumbup:), saying that if the right is for this, then the left, being the opposite, is not.

Okay yeah. Dems are all about devil worship and sinning and immorality.

I didn't say that. But you yourself said that the right touts family values and high morality. What, then, does that mean the left touts? It comes across as if you are separating the right by what they supposedly believe in, and I can only assume then that it means the left is opposite of that...?

That's what's do funny about the right wing. They believe that if you don't preach, you don't believe. And if you don't preach, you are probably out fornicating. And if you don't pass judgment on others, you must have inferior morals.

Not at all. I mean, if you think the right is a bunch of PattyGreens, you'd be badly mistaken. Thankfully. :bored:

I certainly don't preach nor do I profess to live a sinless life, but I believe. And I'm certainly not out fornicating. :scared2:

I can't lump Dems all in the same boat, nor can I lump all Republicans in the same boat. But it's the extremists who want to run the Republican party that are causing the uproar. They're the ones who keep getting caught with their pants down. And by golly, they deserve to be raked over the coals for being such hypocrites.

I believe EVERY SINGLE POLITICIAN who is caught being immoral, dishonest, or otherwise corrupt should be raked over the coals, regardless of party affiliation or adherence to a particular belief, no matter what. We entrust these people to run our country, and more and more they are proving from both sides of the aisle that they aren't qualified to run a Taco Bell, much less determine what laws WE should be adhering to.

I have never EVER made concessions for "my side" while blasting "your side." I think if you've seen me post often enough on the political threads, I don't make a differentiation. However, it seems some on the left DO -- somehow those on the right who get caught are to be treated more harshly than those on the left who are caught, and I just don't get that. I want them ALL punished for being egotistical boobs who feel the rules don't apply to them. I don't want him treated any less harshly than he should be, but I don't believe he should be treated MORE harshly simply based on whether he has the letter D or R behind his name. Why not hold them ALL up to the same, GOOD standard?

Otherwise what you're still saying without coming out and saying it is that those on the right are held to a higher expectation because they tout values that, what, the left does not? It sure seems that way -- not only that that's what's being said in a backhanded way, but that it's acceptable for those on the left to do whatever because, hey, they don't claim to be highly moral or for family values.

I'm sure that's not what you're trying to say, but it is what is being said by the way it's worded.

The one thing I AM glad about is not seeing some forlorn, sappy wife standing next to him. Let him stand up there by himself. Serves him right.

I've heard shrinks say that when a person has an affair they are completely self-possessed and not thinking about others. His performance at his news conference was really all about him, even when he was saying he owed his wife and boys an apology. It was actually all about him and how it was making him feel.

If he were really concerned about them, he would not have chosen to stand up and say the things he did. I am sure that the reason he did is because he knew the emails were about to surface. But seeing an email and hearing your own dad say it outloud in front of millions of people are two different things.

Beth you've put your own spin on what I said.

Democrats can't be lumped into a clump of folks who lie about affairs or even have them.

The only lumping I did was to point out that some of the people who have been the most vocal about embracing family values and having high standards of morality are the ones who have been caught lately making themselves public liars.

We all know that Bill Clinton lied. Now we know Sanford did. But please don't paint all Democrats with that brush and I won't paint all Republicans with the brush of hypocrisy.

The only broad brush I intended was the one that lumps most politicians into the fold with Clinton, Franke, and this guy from SC. I have very little faith that ANY of them are anything but liars, cheats, and scumbags.

Negative Nelly. If I felt that way about the world I would be seriously depressed all the time.

Negative Nelly. If I felt that way about the world I would be seriously depressed all the time.

Maybe just more realistic.

I'm glad to see you're not making personal jabs again as per our agreement. :thumbup:

I was merely trying to be humorous. Far be it from me to actually jab a person. :thumbup: Especially a person with whom I share a peace treaty. Uh oh, did we forget to smoke the pipe?