Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wish you all the best! It feels good losing sizes, but this belly skin seems always in the way of a smaller size. Hopefully by next summer I can get lots of skin cut off and a boob job! Take care:thumbup:

When we first started talking about the he said he was gonna tighten the muscle, but later before my surgery he did say he was not gonna mess with the muscle, so I did know that ahead of time but he did tell me that what he do would get rid of the saggy belly. I do know I didn't get the full tt.

I really do like this doctor. I don't want to start grouching at him just yet. Maybe in a few weeks it will start looking better. I am trying to just give it time, but if the sagginess does't go away I do want to push him to fix it. Not sure how long I should wait till I get pushy.

I understand you not wanting to get too pushy too quick with the doc, but I do think you need to start a conversation with it, so he won't be surprised about your concern.

I so hope it improves.

Corliss

I think he knows I'm concerned cuz I keep asking is this gonna look better. He seems to think it will.

Hi There!

I don't post very often but really thought it was great you came through this so well! Let me ask you this...coming from over 315 pounds, how does it feel moving around with so much skin being removed from your tummy? Had you experienced back problems? If so, are they gone? What feels different and what do you notice is different?

Marieze

Marieze,

At 315 pounds yes I did have back problems, now very rarely does my back hurt. I was winded walking for 5 minutes or going up stairs now I can run up the stairs if I want and I can walk up and down hills for over an hour and I feel great. Cleaning my house is easier too.

My grandkids can sit on my lap that I found I still had under all that fat.

It is also great to be able to buy clothes in any store that I want. I was wearing 4 and 5x and bought them online. It is fun to shop for clothes now, even goodwill, because I keep needing new clothes thats where I go for my casual things. I new wear a medium and even tried on a small and it was just a little snug.

People say my personallity has changed and I seem happier and friendlier. I really didn't notice that so I'm not sure.

And I guess one of the best things is I don't feel embarrassed to be around people.

Had another dr appt today he said I can stop wearing the compression garment. Now I have a girdle thing I wear that covers my belly its on really tight.

Warning if you have to wear the tight girdle do not wait till the last minute if you have to go pee. I couldn't pull the thing down fast enough today and peed myself. ha ha

scrappy, that's funny about leaving enough time to take the girdle off. i forgot i had it on once and peed right through it. ha!

Sounds to me like you had a panniculectomy instead of a Tummy Tuck. The difference between the two is the panniculectomy is used only to remove excess skin and the tummy tuck is to remove excess skin and tighten the muscles. I say this because you said you have an anchor scar and that is the typical scar of the panniculectomy, most tummy tucks do a simple bikini cut. I would start being pushy with your doctor and find out exactly what procedure you haddone. Good luck to you in your recovery!!

OMG Girls, I almost did the same thing. The binder that I came home in, well didnt have a bottom, so got used to just going. Then I canged to this CG that has a slit, and not much of one, you still have to move it out of the way. Well, lets just say, I have failed to move it a few time. LOL

Take care,

Laura

Had another dr appt today he said I can stop wearing the compression garment. Now I have a girdle thing I wear that covers my belly its on really tight.

Warning if you have to wear the tight girdle do not wait till the last minute if you have to go pee. I couldn't pull the thing down fast enough today and peed myself. ha ha

That is some good advice! I used to wear thigh high compression stockings and had to deal with the same issues, lol! I have also found with these compression sleeves I am wearing on my brachioplasty that I have to give myself and extra 20 minutes when I shower cause i have to treat the incisions and then get the sleeves on right.

With the face lift, I am now trying to practice good skin care and am trying to get in the habit of wearing makeup, so that means at least an extra hour to get ready to go out! Now i remember why I never liked being a "girly girl". :lol: It takes too much time, and I am still just as ADHD as ever! Maybe if I get in the habit, I can develope some speed and time management skills on this one, lol!

Corliss

I went to my 2 month dr appt on tuesday and hes not happy with how my belly looks and said he will do a revision. He thinks I need to wait for a while yet and I agree. He told me not to stress over it I asked about the cost and he said I wouldnt have to pay anymore money. So I feel a lot less stressed now. From what I have ready its kinda normal not to get it right the first time If the weight loss is as much as mine was. I lost 180 pounds. So now just relax and get on with life till the time comes.

Rhonda, I am sorry you have to have surgery again but happy you don't have to pay for it. Can you describe what you and he are unhappy about?

Mimi

what insuance did u have?i dont understand they payed for bottom and u the top half?of the tt? howd u get insrance to pay for some of it?thanks sry if i sound stupid