Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I only Dry Heave - Not Throw Up

I was banded in November - after hardly having any restriction, I was up to 10cc's in May. I am eating much smaller portions now but if there is a food that doesn't agree with me - I start dry heaving - i never throw up. Wht is that???

I was banded in November - after hardly having any restriction, I was up to 10cc's in May. I am eating much smaller portions now but if there is a food that doesn't agree with me - I start dry heaving - i never throw up. Wht is that???

I am not sure why you do that . However the "act" of throwing up , dry heaving can be and do just as much damage as actually throwing up . It can from my understanding cause a band to slip as well because of the "action " makes or causes the stomach to do . So i would suggest talking to your doctor about . Are you drinking when you eat by chance ?

I would talk to your doc about it .

Mindy

No - I'm not drinking - but I'm alot tighter from this last fill. It's not too tight because I can still eat but if I eat too much or food that doesn't seem to agree with the band - it feels like it's stuck - I'm miserable and then I finally dry heave. I'm suprised that nothing is coming up. When I do get that stuck feeling - I'll take a few sips of pineapple juice - usually that will help.

Ifein,

I was so glad to see your name, as I was just inquiring about you. But sad to see you having difficulties. I would get in pvsa and demand they give you some kind of answers. Are you attending the support groups? I know there is on Monday 6/22. I will be there, and I hope to see you there. Keep your head up, and stay positive!

No - I'm not drinking - but I'm alot tighter from this last fill. It's not too tight because I can still eat but if I eat too much or food that doesn't seem to agree with the band - it feels like it's stuck - I'm miserable and then I finally dry heave. I'm suprised that nothing is coming up. When I do get that stuck feeling - I'll take a few sips of pineapple juice - usually that will help.

Im wondering if this is your " Soft " stop sign . Meaning you need to try stop eating a little before you are now ? there is a very thin line between full and statisfied. its so hard at first to get use to it.

Some people's ( mine included) nose runs when they are "full' But if i stop before im full it wont.

Are you able to eat solid foods "Normally" with out issues other than this ?

you might also have first bite syndrome ?

I would try eating slower, eat a little stop , let it settle eat a little more . See what happens. ?

This is how i have to eat most of the time .

I would ask your doc too thought.

Mindy

I am at 10cc's - I was ablw to eat everything without too much restriction until I hit the 10cc's. I'm pretty good at knowing when to stop that's why I never got sick the first 6 months. One of the problems I was having is my Iron pills - I now have to dissolve them in Water. I can't eat Breakfast anymore like I had been - as long as I wait at least 2 hours after I wake up - then I can have a little something. I can still eat all foods - I actually do very well with Pasta, eggs and pizza - it's meat that I have trouble with. I usually now can only take 3 bites of meat and have to stop. I'm not rapidly dropping tons of weight because I can still eat. last's night's problem was tuna - I'm realizing that if I eat more than 1oz - watch out!! Jenny - I hate the support meetings now that they combined pre-op & post op but I might go Monday night. Hopefully I'll see you there

Lori

I am at 10cc's - I was ablw to eat everything without too much restriction until I hit the 10cc's. I'm pretty good at knowing when to stop that's why I never got sick the first 6 months. One of the problems I was having is my Iron pills - I now have to dissolve them in Water. I can't eat Breakfast anymore like I had been - as long as I wait at least 2 hours after I wake up - then I can have a little something. I can still eat all foods - I actually do very well with Pasta, eggs and pizza - it's meat that I have trouble with. I usually now can only take 3 bites of meat and have to stop. I'm not rapidly dropping tons of weight because I can still eat. last's night's problem was tuna - I'm realizing that if I eat more than 1oz - watch out!! Jenny - I hate the support meetings now that they combined pre-op & post op but I might go Monday night. Hopefully I'll see you there

Lori

Honestly it sounds like you might be too tight . I dont know . But you might want to talk to the doc about . My rule of thumb .. if i cant eat solid foods comfortably im too tight.

1oz of meat is not really enough . either that or i would say maybe this particular fill is going to take a while to get use to ? I dunno this is a stumper for me i think ?

You can email me if you want .

Mindy

I can tell I'm not too tight. At lunch at work yesterday, I was able to eat an entire piece of chicken, some salad and 1/4 c mashed potatoes. I can even eat an entire slice of pizza (over a 30 minute time period). It also has been 5 weeks since my last fill so I could be loosening up a bit but I'm not going back until 7/29. I think I just need to be careful with tuna right now. If I can get 3 oz of meat in - then I'm not too concerned. Thanks!

Lori