Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

America's decline of morality

Obviously totally agree with your assessment of N. Korea and China pulling the strings. If only we would all stop buying things made in China. Of course if we did that, we wouldn't have any stuff to buy. I was shocked one day when I decided to look through Walmart and Target and find Amerian-made merchandise. Couldn't find one thing in either store that was made in the U.S.A. Not a very scientific study, but it made a big impression on me. Now I always look at labels on everything. It is disappointing to realize that even things that are packaged in the U.S. are often manufactured in China or thereabouts.

Yes, the middle east is a big threat to the U.S., but you do understand that North Korea is a supplier of bad stuff to them, right?

Read an interesting book about Israel bombing a plant in Iran that was disguised and secretly manufacturing a nuclear weapon. Quite an intriguing story. Seemed pretty credible although it was a work of fiction.

I love Israel and have always admired their strength and tenacity. I do have some empathy for the Palestinians in some ways. But if I had to choose between the two peoples right to exist in the region, my choice would be clear. Our support of Israel is complicated and extremely important, of course.

What the heck? Am I actually now agreeing with plain? I need to go pump some Iron and find my brass ovaries.

In the book of Genesis God clearly states concerning Israel in chapter 12, "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples will be blessed through you." There are other scriptures that are similar. I believe it would be best for everyone to support Israel.

Are you just making a random comment patty or are you misunderstanding my post and trying to correct me?

Are you just making a random comment patty or are you misunderstanding my post and trying to correct me?

a random comment concerning Israel.

In the book of Genesis God clearly states concerning Israel in chapter 12, "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples will be blessed through you." There are other scriptures that are similar. I believe it would be best for everyone to support Israel.

So we should support them because the bible says so? Even while they don’t make the best efforts towards peace with the Palestinians and while they continue to expand illegal settlements into the West Bank? It seems to me that our Foreign Policy should be based more on what is right and just, not a scripture form the bible.

Yes, we should support them because they are God's chosen people. Whenever anyone messes with my kids, they better watch out! I protect them and keep them from harm and they get my attention when they call on me to help them.

Also, what man deems right and just, God may not.

Sorry Patty, you know that answer is not enough for me. For me, there has to be legitimacy in what we do beyond what is said in the Bible.

Fair enough. But not for me. I stand on the word of God and make all of my decisions by it. I suppose we can just wait and see what happens when we decide not to stand by Israel any longer.

I’m sure that on that day we all just be smitten from above right where we are standing

j/k:wink2:

And the ones who are "born again" will rise up and leave the rest of us behind to be smitten, er smoted, er smited. :thumbdown:

And the ones who are "born again" will rise up and leave the rest of us behind to be smitten, er smoted, er smited. :thumbdown:

Uh....there is some truth to that.

I thought you said you were a believer? Therefore, you too will rise up.

I can remember when stores were closed on Sundays. Today noone wants laws forbidding them to do anything - except to preach the gospel in public places. When 75 dedicated teens from a baptist church in Albuquerque, NM went to Los Angeles on a mission to witness for Christ and to sing and testify, they met with resistance at every turn. They went to UCLA Medical Center to perform for the dying children there and when they began to sing, the director of the center told them to leave because they had mentioned the name of Jesus. Then they went to the mall to pass out Christian literature and invite people to church. They weren't buttonholing shoppers or forcing their views on anyone, yet a security guard asked them to leave the premises. The way America is treating Christians today is the way Hitler treated the Jews in the 1930's. Remember, before holocaust and genocide and physical persecution always comes slander, scandal, public ridicule, and abuse. You don't have to go far to find people who think, because of the image being portrayed by the media, that fundamentalist evangelicals are not only fanatics but dangerous to society. Liberals always think that Christians are going to spoil all their fun or limit their freedoms. History, however, reveals just the opposite. The fact that Christianity has had a positive effect on America cannot be doubted. Our founding fathers believed that only a nation that trusted in God could survive as a democracy. The ideals of life, liberty and happiness were perceived as resting on the premise that "all men were created equal and endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights." Belief in God was the glue that held society together. Today, the liberal elite want to keep 'religion' in its proper place - inside the church. Removing God from the public arena has been detrimental to America. This is why I feel that the decline in morals in this country have fallen sharply.

I don't know what to make of your rant about the young people who went on a tour to sing and testify and who were rebuffed and required to leave various premises.

At first glance, I wonder just how well-behaved and peaceful they actually were.

Neither of the places you mentioned are public places. They are privately owned businesses. If in either case, the kids were deemed to be disrupting shoppers or children in various stages of healing from illness, it is understandable that the persons in charge would want to protect their customers and patients.

You will never convince me that the hospital administrator made them leave because they said the name Jesus. Now if they were screaming it at the top of their lungs, then he could have been opposed to the tone in which they used His name.

If that is not the case, I'm afraid I don't understand the opposition to some kids gathering to quietly sing and pass out literature.

This sounds to me however, like some propaganda that is circulated to enrage the flock and influence them to go about posting rants and talking about how awful people who aren't Christian are.

Liberals are Christians too. Talk about buttonholing people!

Liberals think the religious right wing are wanting to "spoil all their fun" and "limit their freedoms"? That is incredibly offensive, not only to liberals but also to mainstream Christians everywhere.

Frankly this kind of bigoted and biased negative rant against anyone who is not right wing reeks of the same kind of propaganda and brainwashing that Hitler used AGAINST Jews.

They went to UCLA Medical Center to perform for the dying children there and when they began to sing, the director of the center told them to leave because they had mentioned the name of Jesus.

Liberals always think that Christians are going to spoil all their fun or limit their freedoms.

I don't understand.........Do Liberals always think this? What fun are they having that you think that they think might be spoiled? Are Liberals and Christians mutually exclusive?

As I mentioned on a previous thread, I spent quite a long time in the hospital with my son. Any group that came in to see the patients without prior arrangement were asked to leave. I didn't see any Christian groups asked to leave, but I did see a group of highschool kids who had made toys for the kids asked to leave and call ahead to make arrangements to come in.