Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anyone Else Have This Problem??!!

probably just too much salt on the rim of the glass the night before!

That's what I'm talking about!

Yep! I am weighing everyday! I hate to admit it but I do. First thing every morning. I don't want to weigh at night because I weigh more then. I was stuck at the 13 lb loss from my 1 week post op, then I'd go up a pound down 1 up 2 down 1 then down another then up 1 so on and so on. Very frustrating when only having about a 1000 calories a day. I have posted this on another thread here somewhere, but I was reading on the main thread that if you are eating less than 1200 calories a day your body stores everything. I have uped my calories and have watched the scale go down 2 days in a row. I am hoping I am on to something!

That idea seems crazy but also true...I may have to try it. I am eating about 800 a day and I'll find out monday how thats going...I feel like I'm not losing but who knows!!

I stopped weighing as often (every few days now) because the scale isn't moving. However, yesterday I re-measured everything and I've lost 3.5 inches in the last few weeks. So yay there! Don't forget, there's more than just a scale to measure progress :)

I too went to my mom's house to weigh myself. and decided that I would wait until today (1 wk p/o visit) to see what my progress is.

I was actually told to get a scale and a full length mirror (I don't have one:blink:) And weigh myself every thursday. They said as vain as that sounds, it actually helps in the long run b/c you are your own worst critic, and it's motivating... ummm, I guess :)??????

So for this weekend, I will get the scale. And I'm going to be gym hunting in the next 2 weeks, as well as Getting some really comfy sneakers next week..... Takin it a step at a time/

This is why I didn't want to weigh myself heaps lol. I didn't wanna be a scale whore - In having said that I said to myself I would only weigh myself twice a month and that's all I've done - I measure myself once a month as well (did it today) and even if I haven't lost any I've definitely lost the inches, it's great.

I've lost 6cms on my hips. 6cm on my waist & 1.6cm on my chest lol. To me the kgs don't matter as long as I see that the inches/centimetres are going down =)

It's funny, I have been at goal now for a number of months, but i still weight myself every few days to make sure T STAY there!

There was a period, though, when I was a little obsessive about it, but I got over tha pretty quickly. With RNY, the weight rolls off pretty fast and reliably so i just got used to the idea that this was working, so I stopped obsessing!

HH

I have always had this problem. I weigh at least twice a day. It keeps me on track for the day.

i was banded 6/09/09 so i'm3 days post op. couldn't wait to weigh myself because my husband lost 2 and 3 lbs daily he is 3 weeks post op. i actually gained 4lbs following doctors orders. so i'm staying off the scale before i get depressed