Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was banded six days ago and am doing really well. Went back to work 2 days post op and felt great. Well....I am a very sexual person and literally all I have been able to think about is taking advantage of my husband. :cry_smile: So last night I gave into the urge. I haven't had any pain in my port area or chest. Still able to hold down liquids. Think it will affect the healing process? :thumbup: How long did you all wait to have sex after getting banded?

I think you will be just fine.....for us it was 5 days.

Just make sure to save any wild circus moves for when things have had a chance to heal more.

you guys are CRAZY!! I am 6 days post op and the thought of touching anyone... HELL NO! I am still in severe pain, the meds are NOT cutting it and I am HUNGRY! Thank GOD I am single right now... No way would I ever think about sex!

you guys are CRAZY!! I am 6 days post op and the thought of touching anyone... HELL NO! I am still in severe pain, the meds are NOT cutting it and I am HUNGRY! Thank GOD I am single right now... No way would I ever think about sex!

LMAO. I am six days post op too, and seriously, sitting here thinking about what positions will be comfortable tonight. I guess I am alittle crazy. I'm just not in any pain. I haven't been. Alittle sore and get hungry sometimes, but that's it.

What positions did you all find most comfortable during the healing process? My boyfriend is already anxious thinking he has to wait 2 weeks to get any. He's so scared he might hurt me or "unsnap my band" LOL I tried telling him that won't happen but he asked that I ask you all which would be a safe position?

sassysara - I'm sorry to hear that the healing process is going slow for you, all I can say is that I'm very fortunet that I bounce back quickly, my band was my 3rd lap surg in less then 18mnths and every surg I've had I was back to myself in close to a weeks time, I hope you get to feeling more like yourself soon!!

mimmosa - in the begining just be gentle!! missionary (but he can't rest his weight on you) or doggie, just no rough stuff, for us it was about 3-4 wks before things began to return to normal as far as ummm vigorous activites go. But I can tell you this....as I lose more weight things are only getting better!!!

For me personally the most discomfort came from my port, that took the longest to heal. I was having soreness and sharp pains for a good 5wks or so, but I'm happy to report I'm 2mnths out and everything is gooood! LOL

What positions did you all find most comfortable during the healing process? My boyfriend is already anxious thinking he has to wait 2 weeks to get any. He's so scared he might hurt me or "unsnap my band" LOL I tried telling him that won't happen but he asked that I ask you all which would be a safe position?

I personally found, that with me laying down, and him on his knees with one of my legs up was more comfortable. I was kinda half way laying on my side that doesn't have my port and it felt great for the both of us. Last night we use the side of bed. I hung my legs over the side and he stood (we have a tall bed), no pain at all. I'm alitle nervous about doggie because the jiggling of the belly, but I think that will be a go next week. Standing up worked well too. Good luck!

After you are all healed, will really ruff sex cause the band to slip? I wasn't sure where to post this question. LOL My hubby and I are very sexually active. 5-6 times a week. Sometime it is really ruff. I was wondering if all the ruffness(lol) will jiggle the band loose? Cause it to slip? I know this kind of sound crazy but I would like to know now cause I don't really feel comfortable asking my surgeon. :blush:I haven't been banded yet but hopefully later this month. Thanks, Jennifer

Jennifer, you have nothing to worry about. Yes, you do need to be careful when healing, just as you would with any wound that has cut through muscle and skin and has stitches. You may find that it takes a while before it feels 100% though, especially where the port is stitched to the stomach muscles. That can pull and hurt a long time after the rest has healed. Once is it fully recovered though, there's no way you could hurt it with rough sex - believe me, I know *winks*

After you are all healed, will really ruff sex cause the band to slip? I wasn't sure where to post this question. LOL My hubby and I are very sexually active. 5-6 times a week. Sometime it is really ruff. I was wondering if all the ruffness(lol) will jiggle the band loose? Cause it to slip? I know this kind of sound crazy but I would like to know now cause I don't really feel comfortable asking my surgeon. :blush:I haven't been banded yet but hopefully later this month. Thanks, Jennifer

I'm eleven days out of surgery and none of the sex I've been having has caused any discomfort. My husband and I get pretty rough as well and it's actually been a lot more pleasant. I don't know if it's because I'm 18 lbs down or what, but I'm loving it! Good luck!

and it only gets better from here savannahsmommie!!!!!

This thread is a god send !! thank you ladies !! I was having the same kind of questions and had no idea who to ask !! My hubby and I are quite active and sexually charged people ( me more so than him..but HAY !!) so I was trying to figure out how to break it to him that there would be none for 2 weeks ( wimper !!). I'm glad to see that it wont have to be that long ( yeay !!)

My one question is ( here comes the graphic part) knees up to your chest or legs up in the air doesnt that put pressure on your stomach area and make it hurt ? Ive got a giggly belly will the extra pushing by giggling the cushing too much ( LOL!)

Again thanks so much ladies I look forward to reaping the benefits of the sheding weight !!!

as long as it feels okand not putting any pressure on your incisions. you should be just fine. after a girls got needs, lol:thumbup:

You are better than I cause I tried on my 6th day and it was hell...day 9 was much better...but it shouldnt mess up anything...just do positions that are comfortable...

So I was banded six days ago and am doing really well. Went back to work 2 days post op and felt great. Well....I am a very sexual person and literally all I have been able to think about is taking advantage of my husband. :thumbup: So last night I gave into the urge. I haven't had any pain in my port area or chest. Still able to hold down liquids. Think it will affect the healing process? :crying: How long did you all wait to have sex after getting banded?