Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quick & easy recipes.........

Roast Chile-Lime Turkey Breast

1 (6lb) turkey breast with ribs,back and wing portions removed

1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened

1 tsp grated lime zest

1 tbsp lime juice

1 tsp dried ancho chile powder

1/2 tsp EACH ground cumin, chipotle chile powder, freshly ground black pepper, and Kosher salt

1-2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth

Heat oven to 325 F Have ready a medium size roasting pan with a rack. Rinse turkey thoroughly with cold water; pat dry.

In a small bowl with a fork, stir butter and remaining ingredients except broth until blended. Rub or brush mixture evenly over skin of turkey.

Place the turkey breast side up, on rack in pan. insert meat thermometer into thickest part of the breast, not touching bone. Add borth to roasting pan. Loosely tent breast with foil.

Roast 2 1/2 to 3 hours, basting every 30 min with pan juices, adding more broth if pan seems dry, or until the thermometer registers 180F. Remove foil tent after 2 hours of roasting. Remove turkey to a carving board; loosely tent with foil. Let rest ofr 30 minutes.

While turkey rests, pour fat and drippings from roasting pan into a glass measure. spoon off and reserve 1/4 cupturkey fat ofr gravy;discard any remaining fat from surface of drippings and reserve for gravy. (DO NOT WASHING ROASTING PAN!!! IT WILL BE USED TO MAKE THE GRAVY!)

makes 8 servings, plus leftovers

Tequila Pan Gravy

3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth

1/2 cup tequila or orange juice

1/4 cup reserved turkey fat

3 tbsp all purpose flour

2/3 cup cilantro sprigs

Reserved pan drippings

2 tbsp lime juice

1/4 tsp EACH Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Heat broth in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.

Mean While, place roasting pan over 2 stove top burners set on medium-high heat. Deglaze pan with Tequila, scraping up browned bits with wooden spoon from bottom, until tequila is cooked down to about 2 or 3 tbsp. Add turkey fat to pan and sprinkle flour over fat; whisk until smooth. about 2 minutes.

Gradually whisk hot chicken broth into flour mixture, scraping bottom and sides of pan. Add cilantro sprigs.

Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Add reserved dripping and any accumulated juices from turkey platter or cutting board; simmer gravey 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.

Remove from heat; diacard cilantro. Pour into a gravy boat. Stir in lime, salt and pepper.

This is sooooo goood. Enjoy!

White chicken Chile

1 pkg White chicken Chile seasoning (found near the Taco seasoning)

2 cups of Water

1 can of corn undrained

1 can of your favorite white bean (I like the Northern beans) drained

2-3 boneless chicken breasts (boiled for 20 minutes and cubed)

1/2 cup Tomato Paste

1 small onion chopped

Throw it all in the crockpot, go to work, and come home to YUMMIES! (serve with fat free saltines) Serves family of 3 just perfect (husband, wife, teenage boy) with a little left over for banded person for lunch the next day.

Orange chicken

3 chicken breasts (uncooked)

1 pinch of salt and pepper

1 orange - cut into slices

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 cup Water

1 onion sliced

pinches of parsely

Once again, throw it all in the crockpot, go to work and come home to yummies!!! Serves 3 again.

This can also be done with lemons or limes!

Mexican chicken Chile

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, skin removed, cut into 1-inch pieces

4 to 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes

1 medium jar salsa (mild, medium or hot to trot)

1 (4 oz) can diced green chile peppers

1 envelope taco seasoning mix

1 (8 oz) can Tomato sauce

1 small can of corn

1 small pinch of ground cumin

Dare I say it again??? Oh yes I do......... THROW IT IN THE CROCKPOT, GO TO WORK, AND COME HOME TO YUMMIES!

Bumping....cause I can't think of anything to fix for supper! I noticed that there are a lot of new bandsters out there. Hopefully y'all will keep adding recipes to this thread. I come here when I'm out of ideas. Thanks!

:bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2: :bump2:

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Bumping for pat & Vera! LOL!!

I posted this on another thread this morning...

Baked chicken Breast w/ Mushroom

16 oz skinned & boned uncooked chicken breast cut into 4 pcs (Now I always use 3 or 4 boneless & skinless chicken breast)

1 can of cream of chicken (I use the healty request kind)

2 tablespoons of non fat sour cream

1 cup (4oz can) sliced mushrooms, drained

1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

spray container w/ butter flavored cooking spray. Place chicken in the crock pot. In a med bowl mix all remaining ingredents and evenly pour over chicken....

Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours...when serving place some sauce over chicken for added flavor.

Hope you enjoy....

Kim,

do you serve that over rice?

I just checked my cupboards and I have all the ingrediants to make it. And it seems like something my pickey family will eat... except for the mushrooms (which I eat out of the cans - yummy). Ill let you know :)

If I wouldve had salsa, I wouldve made Jenna's chicken chilie.

I'm being bumped! Cool

It's only 3 days later

I've got a pot of Turkey Marinara Sauce cooking, the kind you just about put in anything...

Then if I get some energy i'll make it into a lasanga.

My fridge is almost always packed, I happen to be home with a sick kid so I cook.

Kim,

do you serve that over rice?

I just checked my cupboards and I have all the ingrediants to make it. And it seems like something my pickey family will eat... except for the mushrooms (which I eat out of the cans - yummy). Ill let you know :)quote]

I just eat the chicken w/ a side of green Beans for hubby I do brown rice and put the sauce over and he loves it...or I have put it over egg noodles also and he likes that. Since being banded I try and stay away from the Pasta and rice.

Anyone have a delish Sweet and Sour chicken receipe???

Here's one that is good, easy and healthy.

You can omit the peppers if you don't like them and add any other veggies you like instead, such as celery cut thinly on the diagonal, bite-sized broccoli pieces and/or pea pods. If you like spicy food, add 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes when you are stir-frying the veggies.

Sweet & Sour Chicken

2 tsp dark sesame oil

1 small onion, diced

1/2 each red, yellow and green bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces

salt & pepper to taste

15 oz Mandarin oranges in light syrup

1/2 c. chicken broth

1 tbsp soy sauce

2 tsp cornstarch

2 green onion, sliced

Heat 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion to pan and stir-fry until softened and beginning to brown, about 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside.

Add second tsp oil to skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper; add chicken to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until golden (about 4 minutes). Add onions and peppers back to pan.

Drain oranges and reserve 1/4 cup liquid. Whisk together orange liquid and cornstarch in small bowl until smooth, then add broth and soy sauce. Add liquid mixture to pan and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through.

Add oranges to skillet and allow them to warm in the sauce for a minute or so, but stir as little as possible to avoid breaking them up. Sprinkle with sliced green onion just before serving.

4 servings

I'm Italian, so I will give you an easy recipe withouy all the spice I use, but just as good:

1 28 oz can Cento crushed Tomatoes

3 cloves garlic crushed

1/2 tsp oregano

2 tbls olive oil

1 small onion-fine chopped

Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent in olive oil. Add tomatoes. Add Salt and pepper to taste. If sauce is bitter, add 1 teaspoon sugar. Let simmer on low for about 1/2 hour or so. If sauce is to thick, add a little Water until desired consistency and let simmer.

This sauce will be better next day and you can freeze for a long time. Of course, in my real sauce, I would add basil, parmigiano reggiano, some red wine, and more olive oil.

Good luck.

I love this!!!!

Emmi

Picante omelet Pie

Recipe By :Quick Cooking-May/June/99

Serving Size : 6

1/2 cup picante sauce

1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

6 eggs

1 cup (8oz) sour cream

Tomato slices and chopped fresh cilantro -- optional

Pour the picante sauce into a lightly greased 10" pie plate or quiche dish. Sprinkle with cheeses; set aside. In a blender or food processor, process eggs and sour cream until smooth. Pour over cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 min. or until a knife inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let stand 5 min. before cutting. Garnish with tomato and cilantro, if desired.