Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Preparations - Please help?!?!?!

Hi,

I am to be banded this wednesday and want to be as prepared as possible for when I come home, I have a few home-made Soups prepared, what else can I have in preparations....

I have got a Protein supplement, sorted Vitamins, I have a juicer so that should be ok..... what else do I need for when I come home?

Please Help

Suzii

That's about it... maybe add some sf Jello or sf fruit juice popsicles.

After a couple days on the Clear Liquids I started adding in Glucerna drinks as they are formulated to keep your blood sugar steady for a few hours at a time. But it sounds like you will use the Protein stuff for that.

Don't forget to have ibuprofen and Tylenol available. I used the children's liquid for a couple days then switched to the regular pills; they are small enough.

Best wishes!!

Thanks mollymolly... I've got panadine which is a suitable painkiller and soluble but it tastes disgusting.

I wouldn't have thought of the popsicles thanks :(

Suzii

Wal Mart has the adult Tylenol,, to me it doesnt taste to bad at all. Careful with the Ibuprofen, many Dr's dont want you taking that either at all or very sparingly with the band.... Also many only want the liquids and not pills after surgery...... Just trying to help you heal better and not upset an already swollen tummy...

Ask your surgeon for sure what kind of Post op diet you will be on and for how long...

Mine is one of the long ones. I had 2 weeks of Optifast before surgery, then 2 weeks of Clear Liquids Post op and then 2 weeks of full liquids and then 2 weeks of Mushies......

The best of luck to you,,, Soon to be on your way to Loserville

Oooopps forgot to mention those,, I never had to use my heating pad, but Boy I am still using the Malox maxx chewable tablets,,, I am sooooo full of the "farts" but I have to hold until on the toity, so there are no accidents...

Ha ha ha ha ha, maybe TMI for some people, but ya know how sometimes guys can be "kids" and love it when they get a really stinky one or sometimes try to pull the covers up over your head?,,, well the other night I had a really bad one.. I mean awful,,, it made my hunny go whew and wanted to get out of bed.... My band has its advantages,,, ha ha ha...just hate having to fart soooooo much though....

ROFL HotLikeHer on the farting -- they are BAD aren't they??!!

My doc had me on ibuprofen every 4 hrs for the first three days after surgery -- I literally had to get up at 3 am to make sure I got my dose in. After that they say to switch to Tylenol and only use ibuprofen sparingly as needed.

Guess every doc has a different protocol. :(

I have to make sure i take my liquid Vicodin evey 3-4 hours or i feel a little more pain. I woke up at 3am last night and had to take some more IBU and Vicodin, Went back to sleep just fine, i have been sleeping on my side with a pillow against my stomach, it was the bet way i could fine.

As for food. Since my surgery was at 815 yesterday am, I came home and had some chicken broth, I was soooo hungry so i kept sipping it for a few hours. I think last night was the time when i was the most hungry and wanted something to chew on. I then went to a thicker Soup, i love the cracked red pepper soup from trader joes. I have been drinking pleanty of Water and resting when i need to.

my mom is the best taking care of mt.

I have

all the Soups from Trader Joes, they are geat and cost less then the market.

fruit pops

i also have the dannon fruit smoothies they are 90 calories and will fill you up. right now im drining a smoothie that we bleneded with Protein power and 2 ice cubes. I took a shower today have not attmepted the bra but i think it will be just fine.

Jessie at NWWLS said if you can keep the Clear Liquids down then go to anything you can suck through a straw. Im going to make some cabbage soup and blend it up, they also said clam chouder, veggie soups....

Keep it simple at first. I was shocked that i didnt feel worse then i do. I feel great.

my surgery was at 815 yesterday, at 930 i was awake, by 10 i had walked to a chair and rested for about an hour, and was home at 1130.

:(

*lol* I already suffer from wind when I have too much lactose, it gets uncomfortable, I will have to get some de-gas or something like that.... I just remembered some gluten free Soups I can get, but I have trouble finding them in the supermaket. I will get my dad and b/f to search for me.

I need to get a new pillow anyways so I will use the old ones support....is it uncomfortable to sleep after?

Suzii

Getting in and out of bed was painful for me for about 9 days after surgery. But the last 2 days have improved. By the way, Walmart has a great little blender for mixing Protein Shakes. It only cost about $12 and it is just right for a single shake. My sister and I think the blender is one of the handiest things that we each bought before surgery. We also bought sugar free pudding, ice pops, Jello. You don't feel like going out shopping for a few days postop.

i'm not sure if it's available where you are, but here in Vegas, we have grocery stores that can/will deliver to your home, so if you forget something, it might be good to have their info. Try looking at www.vons.com or www.albertsons.com

angie :)