Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hope everyone is okay -

I thought I was the only one who didn't post as often as I use to. But when I look at our list it looks barren and I feel bad. So I guess this is guilt guiding me. But still I want to say this:

When I first began I could not make it through the day if I didn't spend hours on the computer. I remember when I started on lapbandtalk.com, it was right after being ridiculed by another group. I was so upset and everyone here was so supportative. And that was before the September Samurai's. I remember when we tried to come up with our name, and then some very talented people created the banner. And then the surgeries were scheduled. We were all so frightened. And then our fear of our livers came to the surface. EVERYONE was frightened that their liver had not shrunk enough and their surgeon would stop in the middle of our surgeries. We were all so excited, frightened, but still ready to start this new chapter in our lives.

And now here we are, 8 months later. Do you realize, that is almost a full term pregnancy? 8 months of ups and downs, a virtual emotional roller coaster, but what a ride!

For me, I think I took more than I gave. You ALL helped me more than I you can imagine. Your support helped me make it through some very tough times.

For me, it was the best thing I have ever done. I hope you are all doing well. Remember, as long as you have lost, you are a winner!

Even though I have not written, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I am eternally gratefull for all you have given.

Huggs to all.......

Take Care

Love

Debbie

Hi Debbie! You never took more than you gave. When you gave/give, it is from the heart. It means so much more that way. You are awesome! Your journey has continued to inspire. We will continue to be there for each other, whether that be online or just in spirit.

Hugs to you too!

Hi Deb, Slim,

Like Deb, I haven't been posting as much lately. I have had a few bad months now and just not motivated at all to post, or hear any more horror stories or good stories etc. I needed a bit of a break. But as I am getting down to the last week so I can get in to see my doctor again I am feeling the light at the end of the tunnel.

My problem is this..........my last two fills, I went in, drank Water did fine. I made it through 2 days liquids, 2 days mushies and about a half day of solids before getting something stuck so bad (both times) that I wasn't able to keep anything down. I had to go in both times for an unfill. I went from 7 cc's in a 10cc band to now I'm at 5.8 cc's. I feel like I'm going backwards. I am once again in bandster hell. On a constant battle to not overeat and have gained a few pounds. Believe me next Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

I know my band is just a tool and that I have to do my part. I don't mind. I am completely happy to do my part, but dad gummit, this band has to at least meet me half way. So next Wednesday I go in for a fill again and let's all keep our fingers crossed that third time is the charm.

I have my fingers crossed for you! I can understand the need to get away from the boards. I am glad to see you back though! Keep us posted on how things go with your fill. I have one on Thursday that can't come soon enough. This will be my 7th fill. I feel them for about 2 weeks then back to bandster hell. I completely understand how you feel. Just remember, you are not alone.

I am there with you too.

My insurance changed so I got a fill on the last day of the old insurance. I talked the Dr into going for broke. I have to be SO CAREFUL. I had never slimmed before and I thought, OH YEAH, right, that happens to only fools. Welcome to the fools club Debbie! Slimming is just what it is called. YUCK

Anyway, I can get stuck at the drop of a hat, but it always clears. I am TIGHT in the am and have to have loose hot Cereal. I am okay with tuna and steak, but no chicken. Has to be moist.

I still drink a lot of protien drink because I was not getting enough protien. Then I quit carbs and had to add them back in. It messes with your body. You need everything, Protien, Veggies, and Carbs (but good carbs)

So I hear your pain and I understand. Perhaps 7 was too much, maybe halfway in between.

I got approved to go to three follow up visits with my old Dr and then I have to go to someone completely new. That is going to suck. And fills, mine have all been floura, now I don't know.

So hang in there. You are doing TERREFIC.

Slim, you are the best! You have always been there for me and I think of you often.

Gus-Gus, let us know how it goes. Good luck

Deb

Hi girls,

Just an update, I went in for a fill yesterday. Im back up to 7cc's in 10cc band. I am still on liquids, can do mushies tomorrow at lunch. I won't know if this time around will go well till I start solids (on Sunday) but I am determined to go easy and make it work this time. So wish me luck.

Deb, you stated chicken was a problem. You cook it in the crockpot yet? My hubby does most of the cooking (whom I kidding, he does it all) and he puts boneless thighs or drumsticks in the crockpot, dumps a jar of salsa on top and cooks it on low all day. It comes out very soft and moist.

Talk at you later,

Ahh, chicken. I miss getting chicken breasts at El Pollo Loco ... I can do most meat as long as it is well marinated and not too dry. My mother-in-law tends to make stuff pretty dry, and we eat there quite a bit these days. I'm learning to keep sauces in their fridge.

Anyone having issues with lettuce? My surgeon said unless shredded or very small pieces, it rolls up into a ball and can get stuck.

I've also noticed I get bloated (seemingly for no reason ...) and the gas pain is extremely painful. I can't focus or do anything, it's insanely uncomfortable. Anyone else having this? I wondered today if it was IBS or something stuck or what ...

I am losing more steadily now, but I'm a little worried because my Realize Band only holds 9cc. Doc says if I need an adjustment one way or the other it'll be very small ... 0.01 or 0.1 increments, I wonder?

Hope you're all doing well ... take care!

Ahh, chicken. I miss getting chicken breasts at El Pollo Loco ... I can do most meat as long as it is well marinated and not too dry. My mother-in-law tends to make stuff pretty dry, and we eat there quite a bit these days. I'm learning to keep sauces in their fridge.

Anyone having issues with lettuce? My surgeon said unless shredded or very small pieces, it rolls up into a ball and can get stuck.

I've also noticed I get bloated (seemingly for no reason ...) and the gas pain is extremely painful. I can't focus or do anything, it's insanely uncomfortable. Anyone else having this? I wondered today if it was IBS or something stuck or what ...

I am losing more steadily now, but I'm a little worried because my Realize Band only holds 9cc. Doc says if I need an adjustment one way or the other it'll be very small ... 0.01 or 0.1 increments, I wonder?

Hope you're all doing well ... take care!

At this point, I can still do most chicken (except dry chicken breast). I haven't really had a problem with gas since right after surgery. That could be IBS or maybe taking in too much air while you eat? As far as your adjustments, I understand that even the tiny increments can make a difference once you have hit restriction. Also, I understand that most of the bands can hold a little more than the advertised amounts. I would think you should be ok.

I'm at around 5 ccs (my surgeon only gives a round about number because he feels people focus to much on that). i have a 10 cc. Anyway, I'm feeling better restriction. Last time I was at a 5 I so totally got stuck. I have finally learned to chew chew and chew some more. Funny thing is it messes with the brain. I used to be able to eat more (amount wise), but not now. I get fuller on less chewing more. Strange. Anyway my scales not moving, but my measurements are. I started this journey with a waist measurement of... 48.5 inches. I'm down to a 38.75 inch waist. I'm also down in the hips, not as dramatic starting... 53 inches, now 49.5. Yes I'm quite hippy. But my bf is enjoying the shape that I'm becoming. I havent lost in the girls area. That's good. I have lost a 1/4 of an inch in my fore arms, and half in my wrists. Never measured my thighs in the beginning. But I'll take it. Truthfully, i've lost 2 1/4 inches from my waist in the last month. I've really bumped up activity levels. And just this week Brandon and I have started racing and riding bikes. I get awfully sweaty. So I know I'm doing some good. :biggrin: I have a bike seat for Matthew, and a trailer on order, but am a bit nervous to put the seat on, as IF I crash he'll get hurt. I'm not that steady on it yet. Prior to this week, it was 7 yrs ago that I rode bike last. I wiped out so bad I had stones inbedded in my knee and hand. So I'm a bit nervous, but I weigh less than I did 7 yrs ago. And I have a nice mountain bike, which I think will work out better in the surroundings I have here.

Deb, you've been such a wonderful supportive friend, as has slimntrim, and the others. :biggrin:

I took a break, because I too was discouraged. But thru my dr's support (god I love my surgeon/team) and thru the Lindora program that is tied in with the allergan bands, I have gotten back on track.

teri

I'm at around 5 ccs (my surgeon only gives a round about number because he feels people focus to much on that). i have a 10 cc. Anyway, I'm feeling better restriction. Last time I was at a 5 I so totally got stuck. I have finally learned to chew chew and chew some more. Funny thing is it messes with the brain. I used to be able to eat more (amount wise), but not now. I get fuller on less chewing more. Strange. Anyway my scales not moving, but my measurements are. I started this journey with a waist measurement of... 48.5 inches. I'm down to a 38.75 inch waist. I'm also down in the hips, not as dramatic starting... 53 inches, now 49.5. Yes I'm quite hippy. But my bf is enjoying the shape that I'm becoming. I havent lost in the girls area. That's good. I have lost a 1/4 of an inch in my fore arms, and half in my wrists. Never measured my thighs in the beginning. But I'll take it. Truthfully, i've lost 2 1/4 inches from my waist in the last month. I've really bumped up activity levels. And just this week Brandon and I have started racing and riding bikes. I get awfully sweaty. So I know I'm doing some good. :sad: I have a bike seat for Matthew, and a trailer on order, but am a bit nervous to put the seat on, as IF I crash he'll get hurt. I'm not that steady on it yet. Prior to this week, it was 7 yrs ago that I rode bike last. I wiped out so bad I had stones inbedded in my knee and hand. So I'm a bit nervous, but I weigh less than I did 7 yrs ago. And I have a nice mountain bike, which I think will work out better in the surroundings I have here.

Deb, you've been such a wonderful supportive friend, as has slimntrim, and the others. :frown:

I took a break, because I too was discouraged. But thru my dr's support (god I love my surgeon/team) and thru the Lindora program that is tied in with the allergan bands, I have gotten back on track.

teri

Teri, I am so glad everything is going better for you. You deserve the best. Don't worry about that stupid scale. I hate that thing. It will move, I promise.

And you are right, you have to CHEW CHEW CHEW. Sometimes I feel like I don't have restriction, then I forget and YIKES, man does that hurt.

I'm glad you are working with your Dr. They know everyone is different and some people just need more TLC. Remember, eveyone is different, thank goodness. Your journey is uniquely yours, but now that everything is back on track you will loose. So glad your problems are in the past, you had such a hard winter.

But think about it. Look what you have accomplished! Look how far you have come. It is FANTASTIC. Also, remember how you might have delt with some of those obsticles, food - right? But you didn't and kept at it and you are a success!

So here is a big HUG - I am so proud of you. We will do it together.

Take care sweetie. We all care so much about you.

Debbie

(and keep on biking):cursing:

Hi girls, Well I had to go back for an un-fill (a third time) but this time we figured it out. The last time I went in for an un-fill I was down to 6.2 cc's and I was getting hungry. So the PA took me back up to 7 cc's and I was doing great this time around until last Friday, suddenly I was tight and couldn't keep anything down, throwing up etc. well I was throwing up yellow and clear slimy stuff. As is turns out it was acid reflux-severe. So I started Prilosec. I went in yesterday and he took a little out. I'm now at 6.6 cc's (not 7 anymore but not as low as 6.2 either) and he said Prilosec in AM and PM for a week and then every night there after. OMG is was so horrible. From Thursday to Monday I lost 13 pounds. I am able to eat and drink again and I'll put some of that back on but it's okay. I am getting restriction at meal times but hungry every 3 to 3.5 hours, but you know what? I'm just gonna have a small snack. I need to live my life and I have been to full too many times to worry about it so much.