Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More Prayers Needed

Hi everyone, once again I am asking you to pray for my mom, let me explain well yesterday my mom went to her dr that is treating her for Migraines and they prescribed some medication she had been on before for her migraines (previously discontinued cause of some ins. crap) well anyways, they prescribed the wrong miligrams. She had previously taken 25 mg of whatever it is and this time was given 100 mg tablets of which she was told to take two.. When she took it last night (only one, thank God, cause she thought two was too much), she started feeling wierd and her legs started getting numb and she says her heart was beating so fast, she thought it was going to pop out of her body, well instead of calling ems, she called her sister to drive her to the hospital and when she got there they told her she was very close to having a stroke brought on by being overmedicated, thank God she didn't take two tablets or she would probably be dead by now. She sounded so frail on the phone today, and I hate that I'm so freaking far away from her. Well, how can something like that be overlooked, come on 25 mg, to 200mg, she is lucky to be alive. She was so happy just yesterday and today she is so sick. I took so much time off work for my ps, that I cannot take any time right now to go see her, it sucks. She is having a nurse come in and take care of her during the day, so she doesn't have to be alone. Well, thanks for listening and I thank you in advance for your prayers for her..

Love,

Estela

Wow, your mom has been through the wringer as of late. I hope that she (or someone helping her) makes that doctor responsible for his actions.

I hope things calm down for both of you!

Estela,

I am praying for you both! I know what it's like to be so far away and feel helpless. That is why I now only live 1.3 miles away from my mom and dad. Please take care and know that you and mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh Estella,

I can't tell you how very sorry I am that this has happened to you and your Mom, but once again God and His Angels were watching over her. I know that it's scary to look back at what might have been, believe me I do, but now that she is doing better and getting the proper treatment, you can relax. I'm sure she wishes you were closer, but knows and understands why you are not.

You and your Mom are very obviously very blessed, for you not only have such a strong love for one another, but He is watching over all of you.

And not to forget the army of people here at lb that are praying for you both as well!!!

(((((HUGS))))))

Cindy

Oh Estella,

I am so sorry that she is going through this.. She truly has an angel watching over her. My prayers that she again gets on the road to recovery.. It is a good thing she only took 1 tablet and got help as soon as she felt weird..

May the Lord continue as always to watch over her and all your family in these times.

God still hears our prayers and when I prayed for your mom the other day I asked God for the lump to be benign and for him to keep her close to his bosom...He never fails me and he won't fail your mother. Everyone on this thread is praying that is alot of power!!! She will bounce back.. For this too shall pass.

HUgs

Dee Dee

Gosh Estela, all this stress can't be good for you. You and your family will remain in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear this has happened.

Im so glad she didnt take 2 also-Im sorry to hear this but so glad she is alive-wow-this must be scary for everyone.Hope all works out well.

Estella~~ My mom has had two strokes. She is still mobile, but she has an array of other things too...High blood pressure, diabeties, chronic pain...You get the picture....I live three blocks from her....However, my father, He lives in Florida!! He isnt in the best of health either~So I do understand your stress. My dad hasnt told me all of his health issues and he wont. He doesn't want me to worry. He did however tell me where his locked box is....He gave me an extra key to it when I was down there this summer. He told me his last wishes for when the time comes and I am his next of kin on all his paperwork. Today is actually his birthday! He is now 65!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY POP....gotta call him later! I sent a card too....Anyway....I do know your stress and it doesn't get any easier when the doctors that they are dealing with or the pharmacy that they are dealing with make stupid mistakes like they did to your mom! Im so sorry!!!

My dad has a very regimented schedule! He is a creature of habit and doesn't sleep after 5 am...Hes up with the birds. He works still and is never home during the daytime. Well he got put on a new RX and it makes him very sleepy. So, he did sleep past 5am the other morning.....and then wanted a nap...He was taking the day off to go to his doctor. So hes laying down taking a nap, and was woken up by a horriable horriable noise outside his place. At first he didn't care, but then desided I better go see whats going on. Well, when he opened his shades he saw the fire department, the state police, EMT's a streacher out....the entire works!! Outside his door!!! And standing behind all these wonderful rescue people was his good friend~ His friend got scared because my father wasn't in his normal routine and desided to take a nap...and his friend thought the worst of course!! So he called for help!!! OH AND THEY CAME! Everyone...all the EMTS and cops and fire people all stood there shaking there head!!! Hey, better safe than sorry I guess. I do feel better there is at least ONE person looking after my father~~~ My father is a very blunt man too...I could just imagin what he said when he opened the door!! YIKES!! ehehehehehe

best wishes for you and your mom!

hang in there girl!!!

Thank you all for all your kind words and prayers. I am so overwhelmed with everything right now, it so upseting. Last night my little boy spilled some of his food on the floor and I lost it. I grabbed him so hard and took him into his room, I was so angry at him for no good reason. I hate when I do that, but I just feel so horribly stressed by everything that's going on w/ my mom. My poor little boy. He came out of his room and told me, I want to say sorry, I want to say sorry to you for being messy. I hate myself when I do that, take it out on the wrong person. I kissed him and told him I was the one that was sorry. I tell you, I close my eyes and think of how blessed I am that my mom's tumors were benign and how lucky she was that she didn't follow the dr recommendations and take two pills, cause she would be dead now. And I am grateful to God that my kids are healthy and happy and that we have a warm bed to crawl into and that we have food and oh there is so much that I have to be thankful for.... But I get so easily overwhelmed by things like this.. I put on 6 lbs this week, isn't that horrible,, I'm hoping its just Water retention cause Aunt flo is visiting now. Well, thanks for listening to me, and as if my personal life was not enough. Here at work, I'm left holding the ball on everything that has to get done. This is usually a slow office, but at this time of year it gets crazy, just crazy and we are moving to a different location on Monday and we are not packed yet, and all the computers have to get moved, the copier, oh so much crap.. and my boss has not even volunteered to help out at all, I already told her that I cannot lift anything yet, I'm only 2 mo out of my ps and I am not risking hurting myself. We also have a business appreciation luncheon/annual dinner event in two weeks, that I've been working on and our board meeting is next wednesday, just some icing on the cake.. What sucks is that my boss, sits in her office making the preparations for her daughters baby shower, yesterday while I was struggling with final decisions and had tons of messages to give her, she stayed at her desk and printed invitations and when she was done, she played solitaire. Now I know that I goof off here at work, but when there is work to be done, I get it done... then I goof around and come online She is ultimately responsible for these things and she puts it all off on me.. THe best part of htat because she is so lazy and I get everything done, there is no way she would ever fire me, even with all the time off I take for my kids and personal time... job security.. Lazy boss, you do their work.. Well here i go on and on venting--sorry, just had to tell someone why I'm a little stressed out...

Thanks for all the prayers for my mommy, she felt better last night when I spoke with her. Love you guys, what would I do without you..

I am glad your mom is doing better.. Thank God

Now you are surely overwhelmed that is alot for you to have on your plate. If your Boss cannot get busy helping you out, just do what you can it will still be there tomorrow and the day after.

I am glad you realized what happened at home and were able to say sorry to your son. Just pray for patience and guidance to get through all this..

Best Wishes Mary

Thank you Mary, I know, its so easy to blow up at the wrong person when we are stressed, usually hubby gets it, but he was out working in the yard, so I guess I chose the next best thing. Last night in bed, I felt so horrible, luckily my little boy forgot about it quick and loves me just as much as he did before I was so mean to him. One of my best friends has arranged for a sitter tomorrow so she and I can go get a pedicure and walk the mall w/ out the stress of having a ton of kids to lug around. So I'm sure looking forward to a nice, relaxing day. My mom is feeling better today, so God has answered all of our prayers. Thank you all.

Penni, the medicine she took is Topomax?? do you know it?? Well, just thought, I'd share, it wasn't the medicine it was the amount of dosage that was recommended. Thank you,

Love,

eStela