Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do we I now, seven months later 6 fills, nothing different than before ?

My reccomendation - find a fill center where they'll do a fill under fluoro. That way they'll be able to see a slip, and they'll fill you until you're restricted instead of having to jab you so many times over the course of several months. I know fluoro is not always necessary, but in your case I would demand it. With a DIFFERENT doctor. JMHO.

Get a medical records release form from the hospital at which you had the surgery. Call their medical records department. On the form ask for all records including: operative report; make, model and serial number of your band, doctor's progress notes, fill schedule (dates and amounts); all pre-and post surgical tests (including disks of upper GI's), nutritionist visits and notes, and anything else you can think of. You might have to pay for some of this, but if you find another doctor and have all these sent to him, then you might not. It is your legal right to know all of this information. That is your starting point. Depending on what you find out with a new doctor - you might also need a good attorney. Take charge of this situation and don't be passive. Demand answers and change. Good luck.

You CAN eat that way because the opening to your stomach is generally not any smaller, or if it is, the amount isn't enough to restrict you. Can you not hold a belt around your waist and it not be restrictive? Until you cinch it up, it's just "there". Same is true of the band; especially with the new AP small and large choices, most of us wouldn't even know we HAD a band if not for the scars and the bills...until we get restriction.

So yes, you'll be able to eat like you always did, most likely, until you get enough restriction.

Yes! This! I wish people would get this. Until you hit restriction (I have 5.5 cc and no restriction), you are dieting and exercising. Lap band is a slow process for many people. I happen to be one of them and even though I know this is normal, it can be frustrating at times.

You've done a great job, Melissa! :hurray:

Awww...thanks Beth, I've been having one of those down days where it just seems like I'm not doing as well as I want to. Your post made me feel better.

BTW, every time I see your ticker now, it keeps moving down!!

You're doing fantastic and it seems like the weight is just dropping now :grouphug:

Awww...thanks Beth, I've been having one of those down days where it just seems like I'm not doing as well as I want to. Your post made me feel better.

BTW, every time I see your ticker now, it keeps moving down!!

You're doing fantastic and it seems like the weight is just dropping now :grouphug:

You're welcome, Melissa, and glad I made you feel better. I've had days like that. Heck, one time my "day" lasted an entire month -- doing EVERYTHING right and I bobbled up and down the same two pounds for about 30 days. I only showed a 3 pound loss at my doctor's. It was disheartening.

However, I try really hard to remind myself that this is a journey, not a race. I try to remember I don't do everything perfect, but overall I'm doing most everything right. And if you are doing everything right, the right things will happen.

As for my ticker, yeah, I just got a fill on Tuesday. I did a day of liquids before my fill, so I had three total. That liquid diet really kicks me into gear. :hurray: