Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-op diets! What are you eating?

What do you think of those Profect vials? I've been thinking about getting them for post-op, but I haven't wanted to invest too much in something that I haven't heard much about.

I ordered one of each of the sampler packs, which I'm REALLY glad I did. The flavors I thought I'd like, I absolutely couldn't stand. But it was only 3 ozs, so I was able to get them down (granted, pre-surgery).

When I placed the order, it took just a few days for the samplers to get here, but it took over a week for the "real" order to get here. They shipped one of the wrong flavor, and are fixing that. They shipped the right one out today and are sending a UPS label for me to ship the wrong one back to them.

They totally remind me of a liquid sweet-tart. It's a little thick, but I've halved them with Water and it's much more smooth that way. Having had one this morning, I do notice I'm much less hungry today than I have been. I had that for Breakfast, sipped on some Water through the morning, and just ate some egg drop Soup halved with chicken stock over the last hour and am quite happy. I know I'm not getting in as much liquids as I should, so this really helps me to at least get in the Protein that I need. I'll probably have another one later this afternoon/early evening and between my soup, those and dinner, will have over 100g of Protein in for the day.

I went with the 50g protein vials instead of the 25g. It worked out to be cheaper per g that way, and my thinking is, once I'm on regular foods just one vial per day should be enough.

I really do like them, and they are MUCH better cold than room temp. I would definitely recommend getting the trial packs to find out which flavors you like best. The four I ended up ordering were: Ruby Melon Twist, Cool Melon Splash, Passion fruit, and Grapefruit Mango. They also list a 15% off code on the site to use on your order, so that definitely helps out.

I'd rather spend a little more money on something that's easy for me to get down, than less money on something I don't really like, or have to take a lot of to get the same benefits. I hope this helps! :)

Go to the food section of this board. There are all sorts of suggestions for all food stages. It should be a big help.

that really does help, thank you!

i think i'm going to go ahead and order some, since i'm already having a hard time getting the powder Protein shakes down me in any form, blended or frozen.

My doc told me to STAY AWAY from the unjury.

Did he happen to give any reasoning? I've heard nothing but good things about the Unjury. I just can't tolerate the smell now :grouphug: Congrats on your approval and band date!

Juniper, I'd definitely recommend the Profect. Even the regular vials are 25g which can be a huge boost. And if you have time to order the sampler packs, do that, for sure! Better to spend $20 and find out you don't like some of them than spend $60 or $80 on a full pack and hate all of them! Good luck! (PS- I thought the Cool Blue was the worst! Nothing even close to the Cool Blue Gatorade I love lol)

What kind of Protein is in the Profect vials? I have a case and a half of New-Whey 42 that I love the flavor of (sample - so I get all flavors), but my dietician doesn't like the fact that it's made from collagen protein isolate - boo. So as of now I have been drinking my World Wide Pure Protein Shakes from Trader Joe's, and I still love them. Have some Unjury but haven't tried the chicken broth yet - I'll try that tomorrow. I need to find some other protein supplement that packs a high protein punch but is either fruity or salty, I love sweets but the WWPP vanilla and chocolate are going to get old soon...

If you're looking for fruity then go for Isopure.

That collagen Protein is really bad news.