Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-op diets! What are you eating?

I know I could use some help with this, chicken broth is about to drive me crazy. The smell isn't even sitting so well with me anymore. I'm guessing I'm not alone here either.

What are you eating? Please share any recipes you've tried that you're enjoying, too!

I think you are not getting much response to this because when you are on Clear Liquids there is not alot of options. If you like tea you might try some flavored teas. I mostly just drank my shakes and Water.

Some one had suggested on here once to get some egg drop Soup and strain the eggs. I did this but found it way to salty, but you could Water it down. You could also try wonton Soup. You might go to Arby's and see if you could buy some Au Jus, some restaurants sell french onion soup (you would have to strain the onions)

Full liquids are a little easier I was able to start them on day four and is what I am on now.

Here is a list from my surgeons offfice

Liquid Protein

V-8

Diet Splash

Strained thinned cream Soups (this has given me the most variety)

Lowfat yogurt thinned

Skim milk

and of course the other Clear Liquids.< /p>

I know it's difficult but you can do it! The thing that helps me is find something to occupy your mind TV didn't work for me very well, too many tv commercials.

I cruised the internet and read as much as I could got out side just to get out of the house.

I'm on full liquids now, and I agree with Hallelujah, creamed Soups are the best. I found an organic red pepper Tomato that is out of this world!

For clear liquids, I found that Fuze Slenderize is a good alternative to Crystal Lite (which I've never liked). There are different flavors, and I think they most calories they have are 10 cal. If you have Giant food stores near you, they are on sale this week 10 for $10. It also helped me wean off of soda before surgery. :crying:

Anyone else with ideas, bring 'em on!

Great suggestions, ladies! I love French Onion but I hadn't thought about getting it strained. I've suddenly become really sensitive to a lot of smells since surgery and my unjury turns my stomach instantly. I ordered a caseload of it too, so now I have no clue what to do with it all. I haven't been able to find anything I can hide it in successfully yet. :crying:

Please feel free to share mushies/soft foods ideas as well. And even *gasp* some real food recipes when you get there!

I've been using the liquid Protein Drink in the am and Soups for lunch and dinner. V-8 Tomato Soup, cream of broc with evap skim milk.....Delicious.....

Also, this afternoon my wife put a non-fat yogurt in the blender and added strawberries and 2% milk. That was pretty good as well. That's it so far......and alot of Water ....

Holy Smokes John!!! you have lost 50 lbs.? Way to go.

Ive lost 20 lbs. on my first week, I have been having only Chix and Beef broth, crystal light, SF fruit ice pops, body fortress Protein Shakes (great tasting from walmart), and Water.

I am excited about moving on, especially creamy Soups, that sounds good. I didn't know I could have V8's I love them.

Holy Smokes John!!! you have lost 50 lbs.? Way to go.

Ive lost 20 lbs. on my first week, I have been having only Chix and Beef broth, crystal light, SF fruit ice pops, body fortress Protein Shakes (great tasting from walmart), and Water.

I am excited about moving on, especially creamy Soups, that sounds good. I didn't know I could have V8's I love them.

I can't believe it either. I lost 25 on the pre-op diet alone. I'm trying to be really , really good. Made a Protein drin this morning - Yogurt, banana, Peanut Butter, skim milk, and strawberries. OMG - It was so good.:)

I'm so proud of everyone banded on the 7th (postponed until the 21st due to my lame insurance), As I'm supposed to be on here making my suggestions as well!, BUT I'm about to start the pre-op liquid diet tomorrow. I've worked my way down all week to mush, and as of 6 am, I dust off the blender.

I am taking notes, and glad to see my homegirls spidey mom & halleluja girl are doing good..... wish me luck. Also, My doc says No cream Soups and no red liquids, do to vomiting (they have to be able if your vomiting blood) soo hmmmm???

Great suggestions, ladies! I love French Onion but I hadn't thought about getting it strained. I've suddenly become really sensitive to a lot of smells since surgery and my unjury turns my stomach instantly. I ordered a caseload of it too, so now I have no clue what to do with it all. I haven't been able to find anything I can hide it in successfully yet. :rolleyes:

Please feel free to share mushies/soft foods ideas as well. And even *gasp* some real food recipes when you get there!

It was suggested to me that the lean muscle Cappucinno flavor is really good, and the chocolate one (with your own banana's and strawberries thown in) As for mushy foods, I was told to stock up on organic baby food, just check the label for the suger count. The more Protein & Fiber the better. and because they come in like 4 oz jars you can get 2 meals out of it. And it's easy on the tastebuds. Hope that helps:wink:

Great suggestions, ladies! I love French Onion but I hadn't thought about getting it strained. I've suddenly become really sensitive to a lot of smells since surgery and my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury turns my stomach instantly. I ordered a caseload of it too, so now I have no clue what to do with it all. I haven't been able to find anything I can hide it in successfully yet. :rolleyes:

I am almost positive that Unjury has a money-back guarantee. That was one reason I was willing to try it. I did the same thing with Slim Fast -- bought cases of it, and now the mere thought of it makes me gag. So now I have 4 or 5 cases left and don't know what to do. I may sell it on craigslist. Or, I may offer it to someone at my WLS support group if anyone else can stand it.

Another mushie/soft food idea I had last night was egg salad. I love that and am really looking forward to having some soon! It's really good if you add mustard so it tastes like deviled eggs. Yum!

unjury does have a 100% guarantee! I looked and just emailed them this morning to see about returning these 5 cans that I won't be able to use. Thank you for reminding me of that!

I picked up some egg drop Soup the other day from a Chinese restaurant and then halved it with chicken broth. It was really good, and the egg gave me a little bit of texture and a Protein boost.

I also strained a vegetable Soup and that was quite good.

My Profect vials showed up yesterday, finally. So I've had one of those this morning and have 50g of Protein on board before 9am. Go me! They're one the pricey side, but it's definitely worth it to be able to get in so much protein in just 3.2 ozs. Especially at this stage where I can't drink much at once.

My Profect vials showed up yesterday, finally. So I've had one of those this morning and have 50g of Protein on board before 9am. Go me! They're one the pricey side, but it's definitely worth it to be able to get in so much Protein in just 3.2 ozs. Especially at this stage where I can't drink much at once.

What do you think of those Profect vials? I've been thinking about getting them for post-op, but I haven't wanted to invest too much in something that I haven't heard much about.

[and my unjury turns my stomach instantly. I ordered a caseload of it too, so now I have no clue what to do with it all. I haven't been able to find anything I can hide it in successfully yet. :)

I believe you can call Unjury and they will accept returns.

C

My doc told me to STAY AWAY from the Unjury. At his Assistant's suggestion I Just picked up at GNC, they have a new lean Protein Shake called "be-Buff" it's a Protein and Fiber shake for women....15g of protein and 3g of fiber and 100 calories per (8-12oz) serving. Comes in vanilla & chocolate (which I got) and a scoop inside of it. and it's on sale for $24.99.

BTW- Got my approval from my insurance this morning so I am to be banded next thursday (5/21)!!!!!