Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time to Get Back On Track

Hey everyone,

I feel like I'm slipping and I need some motivation to get back on track. I had my band surgery on 3/18. I've had 4 fills since surgery and I am still hungry!! I've been fighting with eating the right foods and portions but the hunger has been getting to me and I've cheated a few times. Right now I have 6cc's in my band and I have zero restriction. My doctors philosophy is waiting a week between fills and if I'm still hungry he'll put in another .5 cc's. I'm worried that I'm going to get up to 10cc's without any restriction.

I'm trying to hold myself accountable by writing in my food journal but I'm getting discouraged. I haven't been exercising as much as I need to. Can someone please give me a swift kick in the pants??

You can do it, Aurelia!! What kind of exercise are you getting when you do exercise? My issue is I am starving when I get home from the gym and I am eating in response. I haven't had any fills yet.

What size band do you have? Also, your dr seems VERY aggressive. If I were you I would wait 2-3 weeks to think about getting another fill. Sometimes it takes that long for me to even feel mine. My dr also told be that in the 14cc band, which I have, most people approach good restriction between 6-8cc. You already have 6cc, and your band could be smaller than mine. Try to be more patient and give it an extra week this time. If you hurry it too much, you could be slammed all at once with too much restriction, be miserable, and have to have some or ALL taken out.

Glad to hear there is some one that feels the same way I do. I was banded on 3/24 I have had one fill 5cc's I am feeling the restriction when I eat my Protein, I still have to remind myself to chew my food more and to eat slowly. Yesterday was a week since my fill and today was the first day that I feel extra hungery. I try and work out 3 times a week for at least an hour 15 minutes.

It sounds like you are going the right things, I started keeping a journal to keep track of my hunger, I also right down what I eat. How many oz of food do you eat at a meal? My doctor said 6 to 8 oz I have noticed the last couple of days I can't finish it, but I am hungery a few hours later. Just keep working at it. You are doing great I have only lost 20lbs since surgery.

Jill:wub:

What size band do you have? Also, your dr seems VERY aggressive. If I were you I would wait 2-3 weeks to think about getting another fill. Sometimes it takes that long for me to even feel mine. My dr also told be that in the 14cc band, which I have, most people approach good restriction between 6-8cc. You already have 6cc, and your band could be smaller than mine. Try to be more patient and give it an extra week this time. If you hurry it too much, you could be slammed all at once with too much restriction, be miserable, and have to have some or ALL taken out.

My doc is agressive to a point. He doesn't want me going hungry and as long as there has been enough time between fills he'll top me up. Right now I have 10cc band. It's not about being impatient. It's being so hungry that I start foraging for food and then I make bad choices.

It seems that my doc knows what he's doing and hopefully I'll get some restriction soon.

Glad to hear there is some one that feels the same way I do. I was banded on 3/24 I have had one fill 5cc's I am feeling the restriction when I eat my Protein, I still have to remind myself to chew my food more and to eat slowly. Yesterday was a week since my fill and today was the first day that I feel extra hungery. I try and work out 3 times a week for at least an hour 15 minutes.

It sounds like you are going the right things, I started keeping a journal to keep track of my hunger, I also right down what I eat. How many oz of food do you eat at a meal? My doctor said 6 to 8 oz I have noticed the last couple of days I can't finish it, but I am hungery a few hours later. Just keep working at it. You are doing great I have only lost 20lbs since surgery.

Jill:wub:

Hey Jill,

I've been eating 4 ozs of Protein and 3 oz of veg and I'm still hungry!!!!

I was banded on March 16th and last week I had my first fill and yesterday I had my second fill. I did not feel any restriction after the first one but do feel it now. I was told that I could have a fill once a week if I did not feel restriction, so I will probably get another one in a week or two if I don't get enough restriction. I was told that they want you to get to that sweet spot as soon as possible. The reason we all had this was to get this weight off and getting aggressive with the fills is exactly what I wanted. I don't want a year to go by and Im still trying to loose my weight!! I had 70 pounds to loose and I have lost 25 so far and Im very happy with my weight loss. Aurelia I think you are doing fine, try to get in a little more excersize if you can that always helps me to drop more weight. Good luck to you!

Bernadette

Hey Bernadette!

I've been trying to exercise but I had hand surgery last thursday and I've had to take it easy.

I think I maybe feeling a little restriction but I'll see how this weekend goes and then decide if I need another top up.

My doc is very much like yours and wants me to get to my sweet spot so I can really start losing weight.

I've already bought several goal dresses to wear for the summer. It helps me keep my eyes on the prize!! You should see how fantastic my boobies look in a dress I bought from Victorias Secret....I just need the rest of the body to get the right proportions and I'll be a force to be reckoned with lol!!

Thanks Aurelia for inviting us to this forum so we'll be all together. I was banded on 3-19 and got my first fill this week. My dr. only put in 4 cc and in four weeks will put in another 1cc. About getting back on track, I also feel hungry but I am trying to snack on thinks like yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce & tuna fish. Tuna fish is really low in fat, but great for the Protein so you feel full longer. My dr. stated that I probably won't feel a lot of restriction until the next fill @ total 5cc's. I have the Realize band, & ashamed to admit that I don't know what size it is - but I think I can only have 10 cc total.

It is great to read the posts and to find support on here. I didn't post at all until after my surgery so I'm a little behind you guys. Good luck with the whole mind thing ;)

Thanks Aurelia for inviting us to this forum so we'll be all together. I was banded on 3-19 and got my first fill this week. My dr. only put in 4 cc and in four weeks will put in another 1cc. About getting back on track, I also feel hungry but I am trying to snack on thinks like yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce & tuna fish. Tuna fish is really low in fat, but great for the Protein so you feel full longer. My dr. stated that I probably won't feel a lot of restriction until the next fill @ total 5cc's. I have the Realize band, & ashamed to admit that I don't know what size it is - but I think I can only have 10 cc total.

It is great to read the posts and to find support on here. I didn't post at all until after my surgery so I'm a little behind you guys. Good luck with the whole mind thing ;)

Thanks for joining us over here!

I've never liked Tuna. I know it's a great source of Protein but I can't get past the smell. I bought some Swansons cans of chicken and I'm going to try it out this weekend.

Hi everyone

I'm still having a tough time getting back on track, last week was the worst. I have not done much better this week. I just got back from going to a Winery with my son and his girlfriend. We tasted wine had meat, cheese and crackers and then the best pizza I have ever had. It was a thin crispy crust with very little toppings on it WONDERFUL!! Needless to say I have not done well today! But I had the best mothers day in a long time.

I need to get back in the saddle this week and really hit it hard. I still have 50 lbs to go until goal.

Have a great week!

Bernadette

Hey Fab by 50 - I love your name because I've been telling my friends that I will be bringing 40 in with a bang & hopefully a lot thinner! :frown: Your mother's day sounded great so try not to beat yourself up over what you ate. I really think it is good to have a treat day every once in a while to keep us on track and so our bodies don't think we're in starvation mode. You'll get back on track & the pizza sounded great! Have a great day!

Hey Aurelia! Sorry to hear that you had surgery & hope you recover quickly. Like you, I haven't been able to exercise because I have a ruptured disk in my back and waiting to have surgery in a couple of weeks. My Doc told me not to worry about exercising until I get the back fixed. Good luck on the cans of chicken. This sounds crazy but I actually crave tuna fish so I should try the chicken but I didn't even think about it! :frown: Hope you get better soon and don't lose heart - I am confident we'll all reach our goal weight! Have a great day!!!

Hey Bernadette and GAL 38!

Bernadette don't feel bad about having treats on Mother's Day...it was your day to enjoy yourself. I think it's ok to have treats once in awhile. I had a yummy cupcake on mothers day and I'm not a mom.

GAL38...I tried the swansons chicken breast and it was yummy. Its just the right portion and it's moist so there's no danger of getting stuck.

Right now I have pretty good restriction. I'm learning that my band is very temperamental and I'm learning what foods work and which ones to stay far away from. In the mornings I won't think of having anything solid until I've had a warm cup of tea.

Are you ladies experiencing the same things as well?

Hey Aurelia! I don't think I have enough restriction right now but I only have 4 cc's in my band now. I don't eat anything solid until lunch because I have a Protein Shake for brkfst and that holds me. But, I am eating a lot of Wendy's chili. I've only eaten a few things that are not on the puree menu but so far I haven't had an issue, but that may change when I get my next fill. I did wear an outfit that I definately couldn't wear a month ago so that is definately a success so far. I just can't wait until I can give away my fat clothes and get into the smaller ones waiting for me in the closet. :mad2: I will definately also try the chicken soon and let you know how it goes. Have a great day!