Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

poll: do you go on liquids after a pb or continue eating?

do you go on liquids after a pb or continue eating?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. do you go on liquids after a pb or continue eating?

• liquids
    • liquids and mushies
    • continue eating

I'll do liquids, then slowly add mushies as it feels okay. I do that for at least the rest of the day and some times part of or all of the next day. Again, depends on the PB and how I'm feeling. But I do ALWAYS take it easy for a time.

Sorry if its gross but sometimes it just takes for what is stuck to come up and then proceed with caution.

After a pb- do you go on liquids and mushies or continue eating as normal?

If it's a bad one, meaning it takes a half hour or more and a lot of semi-vomiting (I don't call it PB, I call it vomit!!!), it's really important to go on liquids for a day because it causes inflammation and eating regularly too soon could cause damage. I slowly work up to regular food.< /p>

What does PB stand for? I keep asking but no one is answering.

PB = Productive Burp.

For me, it is similar to your body using its gag reflex to clear the food from your puch and esophogus. Unlike vomiting, there is no odor nor stomach fluids with it. It is the food with a lot of mucous.

Sorry to be graphic in my explanation, but you asked! :lol:

ok I guess I go on liquids for awhile that day and than try something else nomal later in the day to see if it goes down better. I do take it slow and test things out first. But I must say if it is a real bad one that hurts than I take the day off solid food and try it again tha next day. So i guess the answer is it matters how bad the pb is.

my pb's are usually 5 minutes or less. I start feeling the pain and then the mucous starts coming... and sometimes my nose gets stuffed up... and usually I go to the bathroom and it ejects inot the toliet.

the food has left me, and also left me hungry. It's such a bummer to have to not finish your meal and eat Soup or yogurt later on...

Although most of the time when I pb I never want to see that food again unless it was my fault for not chewing well enough.

It totally depends. Sometimes you can eat a bite of something and think "ooh, that doesnt feel right" and up comes that bite after maybe a little sliming. I woudlnt want to continue eating, that's generally the end of a meal for me, but I'd eat normally next time I ate.

Others however, its only happened to me twice now, but they can involve several hours of time and seven or eight vomiting episodes - a few weeks back by the end of it, I definitely had bile and stomach acid coming into it, it was vomiting and it hurt and was awful. I went on liquids for over 24 hours after that one- I had a fill three days before my period, lol, talk about TIGHT. I could eat and drink but not the way I'd eaten and drunk before the fill, as I found out.

It also depend on the Pbing session, I have some that are just a qiuck little empting session, and I have had others where I felt the piece of food come back up and it had taking several attempts to get it back out. I guess I am very careful after a pBing sessions

V

I haven't had a really bad pb...just usually a quick reflex style pb when I've had 1 bite too many. I'm usually finished that meal. But--when it's time for my next meal, I eat a standard meal. When I have pb'd on my first bite after not chewing well, I usually wait a few and then re-start without problem.

I go straight to liquids for 24 hours. My Dr. recommends liquids for at least 1 to 2 meals after a PB,I stretch it out for a whole day. How he explained it to me, is that every time you have a PB or vomit your stomach naturally swells making your tighter and irritated. If you have a few PB or vomit sessions within a few days, it might be necessary to remove liquid and let the lining of your stomach to heal. As someone who hates needles, I'll suffer 24 hours of liquids instead of the possibility of a needle.:thumbdown:

Like what most of the other people have written it depends on the PB. If it's a bad one then I stick to liquids for a day or so but if it doesn't involve any heaving and if I still feel hungry I'll eat something "easy". I really follow what my stomach wants, and find that if I'm hungry it means my stomach isn't swollen.